Butler's Brad Stevens hired by Boston

Jetsfan80

The NBA is starting to trend younger with their head coaches these days. First Jason Kidd, and now Stevens heading to Boston. I suppose teams are desperate to add some young bloods rather than continue to go down the "retread" route like so many teams in the league have done for so long with minimal success (SEE: Brown, Mike; D'Antoni, Mike.....etc)

Really a win-win for both.

If Stevens can translate his success at college into the pros, the Celtics could have a coach for the next 20 years.

If Stevens cannot, he can be back in college within 5 years and land a big school at the age of 41.

Hard to see how Stevens can succeed there. Rondo is going to eat him alive, and Ainge is a psycho. Kinda bummed to see a guy like Stevens take the bait. College basketball needs more of him and Shaka Smart, and less of scumbags like Calipari and Billy Donovan.

Hard to see how Stevens can succeed there. Rondo is going to eat him alive, and Ainge is a psycho. Kinda bummed to see a guy like Stevens take the bait. College basketball needs more of him and Shaka Smart, and less of scumbags like Calipari and Billy Donovan.

This

Rondo will be traded imo

Rondo will be traded imo

I think I read that Dallas inquired about him, and Ainge asked for Nowitzki back. Ainge is nuts. The right deal wild be Rondo to OKC for Westbrook, but you have to wonder if any coach wants to deal with Rondo's assholeness.

At least Calipari pays his players.... 

I agree with you, Stevens' current contract is a very good deal and he's crazy to leave for the NBA. It will be the first time in his career he will coach players who don't love the game. I like Stevens and hope it works out for him.

That is the beauty of him going now.

He could be back in college with 4 years if things go bad.

With that being said, I think Rondo is gone by the trade deadline.  There have been too many rumors of him being on the trade block over the last year for him not to be moved.

Archived