Rex Running With The Bulls In Spain?

kelticwizard

Rex Ryan seen at the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.  But was he running or just watching?

Rex Ryan spotted at running of the bulls
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 8, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT

x350-15.jpg?w=245AP

Few in the NFL have been better at slinging the bull than Rex Ryan.

So running with them seems like a natural extension of the theme.

Via Cindy Boren of the Washington Post, several social media postings placed the Jets coach at the Fiesta de San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain for the annual running of the bulls. One shot featured Ryan wearing a bright red T-shirt bearing the phrase “Bad Toro.”

Considering all the grief Ryan took last offseason when he was just trying to mind his own business relaxing by the pool, it seems a reasonable time to change vacation plans.

And while I’d be more worried about the horns, since he’s the coach of the Jets, you also have to wonder whether he was able to avoid running into the backside of the giant beasts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/josh-brent-released-from-jail/related/

Rex runs with the bulls in Spain

July, 8, 2013

Jul 8

7:16

PM ET

By  Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

When someone uses the word "bull" in connection with Rex Ryan, it’s going to have a completely different meaning.

Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Getty ImagesCan you spot Rex Ryan in this scrum?

The Jets' coach participated in the annual running of the bulls Sunday and Monday in Pamplona, Spain, while wearing a red “Bad Toro” T-shirt. A spokesperson for the Jets confirmed Ryan actually ran in the event as photos cropped up on social media sites.

The Jets are off until July 25, when players are set to arrive in Cortland, N.Y., for training camp.

Ryan’s vacation spot might seem a bit crazy on its face, but he has been known for making riskier choices -- such as getting a tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey and making statements designed to goad opponents in the week before a game.

You can look at it another way. Running with the bulls is no more daring than what Ryan needs to do if he hopes to keep his job as coach of the Jets for another season. He is one of a few holdovers from a disappointing era for the team, and he’s got to start outrunning the odds now if he hopes to make it another year.

My tenth grade English teacher used to run with the bulls every summer in Spain. I thought it was pretty cool then, and think its pretty cool now. What's the big deal? I'd be pissed if a player did this, but a coach? Rex could coach with a gored leg if it came down to it.

I hope he got freaky with his wife's feet that night, too.

My tenth grade English teacher used to run with the bulls every summer in Spain. I thought it was pretty cool then, and think its pretty cool now. What's the big deal? I'd be pissed if a player did this, but a coach? Rex could coach with a gored leg if it came down to it.

I agree. That's bucket list stuff right there. Doing something out of your comfort zone, which seems to be complaining about the Jets.

It's not "cool." It's the horrible barbaric torture of animals which are then killed in a slow, painful way. 

I dunno. A lot of tourists do this. Not really a big deal.

I hate the whole practice though. It's 2013, is there any reason the Spanish are still torturing animals as an organized, encouraged form of entertainment? #teambull

Archived