Jets All-Time Underrated / Overrated

Bleedin Green

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no love for one eye ?

I thought he was very under rated.  awesome deep threat.

He is one of my favorite Jets ever.  He was a great WR and a great Jet.  I'd vote for him over CuMar and many of the other Jets players any day.

no love for one eye ?

I thought he was very under rated.  awesome deep threat.

I don't think Wesley Walker has been underrated at all. The man was great, and I think he was always recognized as great. I definitely had a #85 jersey as a kid.

YPC is an overrated stat.

I wouldnt call Gore durable, he's missed his fair share of games. 

Their best seasons are very comparable in yardage, yes Gore did in less carries, Martin had more TD's, Gore had more receptions, yes, but it was also his second season and basically Martins last.  4.8 vs. 4.6.  Pretty equal if you ask me.

Gore has eclipsed the 1200 yard mark, 3 times.  Martin 7.  Gore has had 1 season with double digit TD's, Martin 5 times.  Frank's best season for receptions is 61, Martin is 70.  31 fumbles compared to 29 on a lot less carries.  Obviously Gore has some time left but I'd be surprised if he finishes near Curtis' totals.  

I'll take Curtis in a heartbeat over Gore. 

Martin feasted on the crappy teams that year and mostly was a below-average back against better ones.  As usual.

Gore is a better RB than Martin was.  Martin just had a much longer career (and I even question the value of such a long career due to the massive expense of those two contracts).  If you had a SB-ready team and got your choice of RBs, even salary aside (which was a big factor with greedy Curtis), only a fool would pick Martin over Gore.  

I always thought Chad Cascadden was a great situational pass rusher in 98...ended up tearing his knee up then never really played again.

and he got caught with a bag full of needles, lol

Archived