Cimini: Examining The Jets-Long Island Issue

flgreen

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? Well the fact they he didn't even get 200 signatures pretty much proves that, doesn't it?

Yeah. But his ego couldn't handle hearing it.

Back to the topic though.  It's pretty ironic that Cimini is taking JI's side.  Many posters on there assassinate his character on an almost daily basis.

No Practice: THE JETS DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS.  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Practice: IT IS TOO HOT AND WATER IS EXPENSIVE.  YOU HAVE TO WALK THROUGH THE MERCHANDISE TENTS TO GET THERE.  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Come on man, how could the Jets dare rob the poor Long Islanders of the opportunity to see such brilliance as Tim Tebow and Greg McElroy competing in their failed attempts to throw a football into a garbage can.  This is what Jets fans live and die for!

Yeah. But his ego couldn't handle hearing it.

Back to the topic though.  It's pretty ironic that Cimini is taking JI's side.  Many posters on there assassinate his character on an almost daily basis.

It's Cimini you're talking about here.  He'll take the side of anyone or anything that is anti-Jets.  If Aaron Hernandez used his next public comments as a forum to trash the Jets, Cimini would probably be right there letting us all know about the genius of Hernandez and how he has clearly proven his innocence.

In one of the chats here he said that he wouldn't cover the Jets if they ever moved to NJ.  We have it on record.  :)

I guess he isn't a man of his word.

You have a link to that? I hate him with a passion, I would love to keep posting it as a gentle reminder about what a douche he is.  Although, I think I might be banned on ESPN as I don't get the option to post any comments even though I have a Facebook account like it's required now lol.

I think the problem with Long Island is that it's a giant, penis-shaped ghetto with one road in and out of it.

Basically true. You have some nice towns on the North Shore and the South Shore and out east. The rest of it is Queens East strip mall festival.You folks left Brooklyn and Queens to sit in traffic on Old Country Road?

We did support the team for 20 years , the team should come back , long island is the better than New Jersey , why don't the team change the name to NJ Jets ?

The Jets don't owe Long Islanders jack sh*t. If holding a practice on LI disrupts their training camp schedule, then I don't want them going to LI. And I'm a lifelong resident.

Basically true. You have some nice towns on the North Shore and the South Shore and out east. The rest of it is Queens East strip mall festival.You folks left Brooklyn and Queens to sit in traffic on Old Country Road?

Most accurate description of Long Island ever. I hate it there. [/snobby girl from Westchester]

Long Island is awesome. The Jets moved practice to Courtland because it's decidedly less awesome, and the players have no distractions at all. Their dorm rooms are probably more interesting than anything outside. Two-a-days are a welcome diversion from the brain-numbing boredom of the expanse around them.

Probably a good move for them, but they can still F themselves for leaving LI and signing off to be the permanent little brother in the suburb state.

Been to Long Island twice, once to Riverhead and once to Farmingdale. If I never go back it's too soon. I'm sure long islanders feel the same way about NJ

Why would you go to Riverhead?  The mall?  Slip 'n Slide or whatever the hell they call it? I have a place just past and don't go there much.  It's like 10 minutes from Hampton Bays and then another five or so to the beach. 

Why would you go to Riverhead?  The mall?  Slip 'n Slide or whatever the hell they call it? I have a place just past and don't go there much.  It's like 10 minutes from Hampton Bays and then another five or so to the beach. 

I was shooting a commercial out there for my internship. It was a horrible experience getting there and back. 

Um.... taxes are VERY relevant to people that pay their taxes and travel to the beach?  I prefer to roll out of bed and walk down, but that's just me. 

My point was that the people who are paying the kind of taxes you're talking about are so rich that they can go on a three week vacation to St. Bart's (not having to mingle with the masses on LI beaches) and pay their taxes without having to worry about it.

Long Island is awesome. The Jets moved practice to Courtland because it's decidedly less awesome, and the players have no distractions at all. Their dorm rooms are probably more interesting than anything outside. Two-a-days are a welcome diversion from the brain-numbing boredom of the expanse around them.

Probably a good move for them, but they can still F themselves for leaving LI and signing off to be the permanent little brother in the suburb state.

Question: did you grow up on Long Island and live there all your life except for, maybe, when you went to college at a SUNY school or maybe a Boston school?

My point was that the people who are paying the kind of taxes you're talking about are so rich that they can go on a three week vacation to St. Bart's (not having to mingle with the masses on LI beaches) and pay their taxes without having to worry about it.

Meh- not all. My rents bought a house in Westchester(Pleasantville) in 79 and the property taxes have basically quadrupled. Once my sister finishes college they are out. Westchester has always been affluent, but the last 10 years or so....its become one big reality show. 

Archived