Geno Smith and Chad Ochocinco (MERGED)

CrazyCarl40

What are you trying to say, that his off the field mistake removed his years of football knowledge? So one of the best route runners in recent memory invites you to practice... You decide not to go? He didn't get accused of murder. Im sure a lot of players do what he did. The Steerlers let Wallace go bc they believe Brown will pick up the slack. Real intelligent comment.

So my comment was real intelligent but you have no idea what I was trying to say?  Interesting.

At the beginning of this thread, all I said was he (Ocho) wasn't the best role model.  He clearly isn't.  The guy has been trying to get back into the league and he ruined that by getting arrested.  He was also recently put into jail for his tomfoolery and immaturity.  Is he still a great physical specimen and someone that's probably better than half the Jets WRs?  Of course.  Fact is that Chad isn't going to be a Jets receiver.  They're all in (or were) California building chemistry with eventual QB competition winner Mark Sanchez.  I'm not saying Geno is better served going to Jets west, but it seems like if he wants to win the Jets QB spot, he should be practicing or working out with other Jets.

I'm not sure what Antonio Brown has to do with this other than he was also in the picture.  I never said anything about him.

So my comment was real intelligent but you have no idea what I was trying to say?  Interesting.

At the beginning of this thread, all I said was he (Ocho) wasn't the best role model.  He clearly isn't.  The guy has been trying to get back into the league and he ruined that by getting arrested.  He was also recently put into jail for his tomfoolery and immaturity.  Is he still a great physical specimen and someone that's probably better than half the Jets WRs?  Of course.  Fact is that Chad isn't going to be a Jets receiver.  They're all in (or were) California building chemistry with eventual QB competition winner Mark Sanchez.  I'm not saying Geno is better served going to Jets west, but it seems like if he wants to win the Jets QB spot, he should be practicing or working out with other Jets.

I'm not sure what Antonio Brown has to do with this other than he was also in the picture.  I never said anything about him.

Nevermind.

The level of talent at Chad's camp was superior, and Geno missed three whole days with the group in CA which he will recover quickly. I'd rather get my coaching from guys who are top of their craft, and Brown plays with a QB who has made the careers of many wide receivers. Of what value would rookie-level receivers have, with a rookie-level QB, and Sanchez. Are you serious?

Ocho and Brown are who'd I much rather have a raw QB learn from, than butt-fumble who cannot even run through route progressions three years into the NFL. I think this was a wise move by Geno.

You want to attack character, I get it. Unfortunately your argument has no basis in anything remotely close to real fact.

Nevermind.

The level of talent at Chad's camp was superior, and Geno missed three whole days with the group in CA which he will recover quickly. I'd rather get my coaching from guys who are top of their craft, and Brown plays with a QB who has made the careers of many wide receivers. Of what value would rookie-level receivers have, with a rookie-level QB, and Sanchez. Are you serious?

Ocho and Brown are who'd I much rather have a raw QB learn from, than butt-fumble who cannot even run through route progressions three years into the NFL. I think this was a wise move by Geno.

You want to attack character, I get it. Unfortunately your argument has no basis in anything remotely close to real fact.

Where did I attack the character of anyone?

I'm not saying Geno should be at Jets West to learn from Mark but he should be with his actual teammates building relationships and getting to know the people he will go to war with on the football field this season, if he wins the job.

Ocho and Brown are not his teammates.  He cannot learn the playbook from them, he cannot learn patterns the Jets are going to be running from them and he cannot get timing and individual rhythms down with his teammates by practicing with them.  All he can do is play catch.

Yeah but I am glad he isn't sitting there getting bad advice on how to make a presnap adjustment or how to progress through reads. He missed three days, I am sure he will pick that up. Brown plays with a Superbowl champ so I am sure he got pointers.

Agreed.  Truth is unless Sanchez quite we more than likely won't see Geno any earlier than mid-season.  He has time.

Where did I attack the character of anyone?

I'm not saying Geno should be at Jets West to learn from Mark but he should be with his actual teammates building relationships and getting to know the people he will go to war with on the football field this season, if he wins the job.

Ocho and Brown are not his teammates.  He cannot learn the playbook from them, he cannot learn patterns the Jets are going to be running from them and he cannot get timing and individual rhythms down with his teammates by practicing with them.  All he can do is play catch.

You do know Jets West is over three days, right?  Considering they were also doing stuff like water balloon tossing contests, it's pretty safe to say it's not TOO intensive.  It's nice to have, yes, but from the interview, Geno had four sessions a day of film, running, practice, and lifting.  It's not like he's sitting on his ass.  Missing three days isn't going to hurt him in the long run.  I'm glad he chose to stay away.  None of the other QB's went either, but that's lost on a lot of people too.

You do know Jets West is over three days, right?  Considering they were also doing stuff like water balloon tossing contests, it's pretty safe to say it's not TOO intensive.  It's nice to have, yes, but from the interview, Geno had four sessions a day of film, running, practice, and lifting.  It's not like he's sitting on his ass.  Missing three days isn't going to hurt him in the long run.  I'm glad he chose to stay away.  None of the other QB's went either, but that's lost on a lot of people too.

We have other qbs?

3 days isnt to detrimental in the long run but for this season if he wants to be ahead of the rookie curve itd be better to be throwing / hanging around teammates

Heck he could have went to cromarties thing i wouldnt have minded that

We have other qbs?

3 days isnt to detrimental in the long run but for this season if he wants to be ahead of the rookie curve itd be better to be throwing / hanging around teammates

Heck he could have went to cromarties thing i wouldnt have minded that

Cro's thing wouldn't have been a bad option, I can agree with that.

No, but he is  in front of Sanchez.  If I had my choice I would like to see him hanging out with Arron Rodgers.  But he is probably busy.

It's not really about learning, it's about building chemistry and rapport with your teammates, not hasbeens.

None of the other QBs are really considered a threat in the "competition." 

It's not really about learning, it's about building chemistry and rapport with your teammates, not hasbeens.

Agreed.   I wonder if Geno got the same invite that Tebow got?  Geno was drafted for all intent and purpose to replace Sanchez.   Not sure he had much a choice to go.

Not for nothing but Ive seen the show where Johnsons ex jumps over tables trying to fight people, getting in chicks faces, threatening chicks, mean girling chicks....shes been an athlete chaser for quite sometime...while I wouldnt put hands on her, her attitude is DISGUSTING and it was going to happen sooner or later. CJ has NEVER been in trouble other than some football fines...Id give him the benefit of the doubt...BUT DANG that headbutt was strong...the pics were brutal!

I'm not disagreeing that its a ****ed up thing to do and maybe what you quoted wasn't the clearest thing for me to say. All I meant was that one incident doesn't negate what he did in his professional career, how hard he worked, and make him a bad role model. Like I said in my other post before I was lawyered, I doubt how to hit a woman was the dinner conversation.

There are a lot worse players and former players he could hang out with.

I hear ya man :)

I'm not here to defend Smith, but you have to admit it wouldn't have been quite the bonding event for Smith that it was for Sanchez & others.  I sense it would have been pretty awkward and actually could have made tensions worse.  If a bunch of the guys are already on Sanchez's "side" then it may be more beneficial to stay away for now.  

In other words, I don't know how much chemistry Smith would be building with guys who traveled out there on Sanchez's dime to be Sanchez's guests, since he's openly trying to take Sanchez's job.  And for all you know Smith might have been hazed out there (or at least spoken down to) by a group of team veterans, as is commonplace to do to rookies.

IMO it's better for his future chemistry with the team if he did NOT go.  Certainly no worse.

Ochocinco & Brown voluntarily wanted to specifically play catch with Geno Smith (not haze or tease him); they weren't there as Mark Sanchez's guests.  And then there's that whole thing about not letting a stupid, career f*ckup of a QB be your teacher.  

Archived