Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck!

Busy this weekend anyway. But if things go well I might have a pretty relaxed next week.

Looks like the server is down.  Hope it's not down long...went through this a couple of years ago...I was in withdrawals...

Timeseal: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I want to lynch Pac today, then salami is good bet for scum on D2. 

This is why I want to lynch Leelou. 

All the interpretation of who said what put aside... Leelou hit a universal scum tell, she pushed a train that had a lot of heat around it at the time, and then lined up a D2 lynch. The thing she did here is she didn't provide context for how Pac's lynch leads to an indictment of Csalami, she just promised Csalami would be a good bet.

If he's a good bet, who not lynch him first?

Is the hypothetical outcome: lynch Pac, he flips town, and then Leelou reverts from her stance that Csalami is a good bet and then he doesn't get pressured again until later in the game - essentially getting him out of the bullseye?

This is why I want to lynch Leelou. 

All the interpretation of who said what put aside... Leelou hit a universal scum tell, she pushed a train that had a lot of heat around it at the time, and then lined up a D2 lynch. The thing she did here is she didn't provide context for how Pac's lynch leads to an indictment of Csalami, she just promised Csalami would be a good bet.

If he's a good bet, who not lynch him first?

Is the hypothetical outcome: lynch Pac, he flips town, and then Leelou reverts from her stance that Csalami is a good bet and then he doesn't get pressured again until later in the game - essentially getting him out of the bullseye?

I'm voting Pac for OMGUS reasons only. I can't decide if salami was just pushing buttons over the weekend for reactions or if he's scummy. 

Ape and Leelou are mafia. 

Verbal is "tee hee" (TH for short).

I'm going to legally adopt Crusher. It just feels right.

Now I'm gonna matriculatae outta here... 

Aww shucks, it's nothing really...

Just a little ping that goes off whenever I notice a vet offering up teh mock confusion.

Kinda like Verbalicious being waaaayyyyyyy too experienced a player to try and pull off the old "suspicious timing" soft case.

Or Darther trying to re-write my meta for the current players that don't know it.

I won't even start with Pac's over-blustered game entrance.

But, to be reasonable, it's just D1 and we got no info yet.

And, to be honest, the scariest post so far is Leelou's "good morning". Talk about meta... 

Riiiiggghhht... I mention you might be scum and you appear like a genie from a lamp

*sighs*

Fine. I totally had Fruit Loops. With the marshmallows. 

Just saying...not really a kettle...but a bottle...

Thanks for the visual...Leelou in the Jeannie Bottle...

Led me to this...too pricey...but ahhh the memories.

http://www.jeanniebottles.com/geniebottles/

Long, hot weekend...pool games on Friday night, games on Saturday lasted till 12:30 Sunday morning, then quick turned to start playing again at 8:00 AM...finally ousted around 5:00 PM last night...my girl played good...her best tourny this year...finally hitting the ball with authority consistently...

Plan to read through this game this morning...need another cup of coffee before starting...anyone want to offer the cliff notes?

"pool games"  - like Billiards? 

Who needs a reason to vote Darthe on day one? We've all done it. :biggrin:

Nudging the train without voting the train...do not like.

You're right!

unvote vote darthe

Did that really help anything?

No?

unvote

Self pity is never attractive.

I've checked a couple times to see if there was anything to defend and there really isn't..  just more of the lets lynch Pac just because sentiment.

In the meantime Dap has 1 post.  I suspect we'll pick up tomorrow but for now,

Unvote

Vote Dap

why are you hiding?

I actually agree with pressuring the lurkers early than later...Unvote, Vote Dap

I didn't know what to make of that comment, since it's a typical Crusher sentence that seems to be missing just enough words that depending on how you fill them it, it can change the whole meaning.

Kind of what you just did here.  Many words just missing thoughts.

Case in point:

Even THOUGH we are team mates he is so obvious this game Im better off without him.

Even IF we are team mates he is so obvious this game Im better off without him.

Even WHEN we are team mates he is so obvious this game Im better off without him.

I thought it better not to call attention to it, personally.

You're trying too hard.

Kind of what you just did here.  Many words just missing thoughts.

You're trying too hard.

GFY

If you don't know that as a signature Crusher-ism, then you don't know Crusher... and I have sad for you.

Salami is playing a little too soft.  It's like he's trying to make sure no one gets mad at him.  I'd rather not give out trade secrets but buddying up like that is usually indicative of gun shy scum.  I could vote there.

I actually like that Leelou is being forthcoming about her OMGUS vote instead of legitimately trying to rationalize it.  I still wouldn't mind jettisoning her out of the game but feel better than I did this weekend.

Dap continues to hide like a little baby.

"pool games"  - like Billiards? 

Pool games are like practice games...enter tournament...get guaranteed games...this one we had a four game guarantee...first two are for fun/fun...don't factor into who wins the tournament...coaches usually use the pool games to try different lineup configurations...use lesser pitchers...next come bracket games...bracket games count...best pitchers pitch/lineups used here...this was double elimination...our girls entered loser bracket way too early...then had to play more often...winner's brackets usually have more times between games...

Salami is playing a little too soft.  It's like he's trying to make sure no one gets mad at him.  I'd rather not give out trade secrets but buddying up like that is usually indicative of gun shy scum.  I could vote there.

I actually like that Leelou is being forthcoming about her OMGUS vote instead of legitimately trying to rationalize it.  I still wouldn't mind jettisoning her out of the game but feel better than I did this weekend.

Dap continues to hide like a little baby.

He does, I'm sure there'll be some 3-7 posts from him when he shows up about naps, cloudflire, naps and naps. 

AVM isn't quite as geeked out, and JIF is playing coy... these 3 need to up the ante a bit. 

That being said, I don't know that D1 is necessarily a legit time to do the whole "we need to get after the inactives" thing. It's a small game, it's not like we're going to overlook the 2-3 people slow-playing D1, they could be scum just as easily as power roles. Obviously.

VOTE COUNT:

Ape (1): Salami
Pac (3): Verb, Crush, Leelou
Darthe (2): DPR, Ishy
Salami (1): Lily
Crush (1): AVM

Lily (1): Dap

Dap(2): Pac, JC

Leelou(1): Ape

80(1): JiF

JiF(1): 80

Not voting: Darthe

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. 

That being said, I don't know that D1 is necessarily a legit time to do the whole "we need to get after the inactives" thing. It's a small game, it's not like we're going to overlook the 2-3 people slow-playing D1, they could be scum just as easily as power roles. Obviously.

This post bothers me.  Ape being almost nurturing and understanding.  Not gonna label it yet.  Could just be some sort of "post traumatic ban syndrome" and Ape has become interested in changing his ways. Sorta like "My Name is Earl."

I tossed a vote on Pac to see what happen and DPR and Leelou both gave me a little jiggle to my line.  Leelou giving a little jiggle is a nice visual, you guys are welcome.

unvote vote DPR

Hahahaha, Jetscode got butthurt at being insulted... What a fagola.

Quote an author for me quick... doofus.

This post bothers me.  Ape being almost nurturing and understanding.  Not gonna label it yet.  Could just be some sort of "post traumatic ban syndrome" and Ape has become interested in changing his ways. Sorta like "My Name is Earl."

I tossed a vote on Pac to see what happen and DPR and Leelou both gave me a little jiggle to my line.  Leelou giving a little jiggle is a nice visual, you guys are welcome.

unvote vote DPR

Officially feeling better about the Ape.  LOL

Pool games are like practice games...enter tournament...get guaranteed games...this one we had a four game guarantee...first two are for fun/fun...don't factor into who wins the tournament...coaches usually use the pool games to try different lineup configurations...use lesser pitchers...next come bracket games...bracket games count...best pitchers pitch/lineups used here...this was double elimination...our girls entered loser bracket way too early...then had to play more often...winner's brackets usually have more times between games...

Cool.  I like Billiards. 

unvote vote DPR

I would just like to point out that between Darthe unvoting and Crusher voting, there were like 12 hours where I had no votes. On D1. 

You've got better odds on picking where lightning will strike next than to ever see that again.

I'm just gonna to savor that for a moment.

Ishy was on you DPR

lol

Yestereday was sunday, the day before it was saturday. Good luck getting an answer from him citing anything but the weekend. 

I read through the weekend chatter last night, but didnt' get around to posting about it, to be honest... cspotrun is unreadable. He blows up everything... 'why is the sky blue, I'd really like an explanation for why the sky is blue I am try to learn how to be social blah blah blah pizza blah blah blah hungary'

I post a lot, but most of what I post is geared towards helping suspicion matriculate into more... I don't see that with him, he's just burying stuff that matters with his own tail-chasing mess. 

Aside from that, I see DPR swinging around a lot of scenarios that look like FOS, but not the actual accusatory tone from him. Like he's floating some stuff to see what sticks, including pushing your lynch soft. 

I also noticed someone saying lynch darthe (or csindybrady) today, lynch pac tomorrow... I think that was Leelou. If wrong, I'll update this after I double-check myself, but that lining up successive lynches bit is a gross.

My thoughts, FOS: Leelou and DPR --- OR ---- mercy kill: Darthe and/or cspooge just to clear out the potential disasters that come with their play.

Liked this post.

I am really liking the play of 

JC1

Crush

Ape

Lily (sporadic though it is)

Csarmi (don't actually like, but he looks town)

Verb

Ishy is in scum-lurk mode this game.  DPR didn't notice Ishy's vote on him as well, which could mean that DPR didn't consider it real.  IE: if DPR is scum, that vote was set up to keep the trains smoothed out for safety.

Stop trying to bus me.

This is the post that is making me vote 80.

I've been either out early or modding games lately and this is what 80 does as scum.  Waves his dick in your face.  He's become a confident little scum player, not sure why because he sucks but I've noticed he does little things like this early in the game when scum. 

Archived