Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

lol I thought the mod said no name reveals..  I guess that all went out the window.

DPR that was the move of a barely wet behind the ears novice.  I'm disgusted with you.  You could have been a little more vague and claimed a PR without saying you're basically the #1 guy.

If we're just going to play run em' up and reveal we should get a day 1 mass reveal going.

Yeah that was sarcasm..  Instead I say we lynch Leelou or 80.  Since Leelou can't stop obsessing with me I think it's time to send her away.

Vote Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, you know tat you only have to go to those stupid meetings if you deny it, right?

Celebrate your freedom, my friend, like it was muthafukin Christmas time!

drunk-santa-fail_zps338f5e09.gif

dude one of the independent contractors that works for me decided her marriage failed because of her drinking.  She went to like 24 meetings a week. She invited me to one. I laughed and told her that if I ever quit drinking Makers Mark at night my marriage wouldn't last a month.  Hell, minute I walk in the house Mrs Crusher tells me to make myself a drink and take my work clothes off before I stain them.  

lol I thought the mod said no name reveals..  I guess that all went out the window.

DPR that was the move of a barely wet behind the ears novice.  I'm disgusted with you.  You could have been a little more vague and claimed a PR without saying you're basically the #1 guy.

If we're just going to play run em' up and reveal we should get a day 1 mass reveal going.

Yeah that was sarcasm..  Instead I say we lynch Leelou or 80.  Since Leelou can't stop obsessing with me I think it's time to send her away.

Vote Leelou

I thought that too.  but Ishy convinced me to switch to 80 because his role was more vague and less likely to be in the game susceptible to a counter.  Truth is I never heard of my character either so 80's reveal rang true with me.  But I do see Ishy's point.  

Vote Leelou

That's harsh, man. 

Damn.

Riiiggghhht.

Crusher & Simple Darthe topping my list.

Vote Crush even thought it hurts

Typically, when people chip at me all throughout D1 and don't actually commit to casing me, it's because they've read me as town, they have a power role and they need to hide in plain site. That is what I thought you might be doing, so I kept you in my list and kept accusing you of directing town-vs-town traffic, because that is what it appeared you were doing.

I love how DPR stated that scum would not claim John McClane.  Then he claims it.  LOL  Breadcrumb much?  I also like how he says it will not pay to run up to many people but calls me scum for saying the same thing.  His claim is horse sh*t.  

Good points.

You don't think there would have been a CC by now? McClane has to be in the game.

No. This game is filled with mostly good players, if DPR is lying - then the real John McClane is doing the right thing by not countering yet. It's D1 and McClane is most likely the cop or vig. 

To be honest, where it concerns "good guys" there are 3 primary heroes in the film: McClane, Al and Argyle. Every other potential townie is a herp-a-derp that makes things worse, other than Holly.

If McClane is a power roie then absolutely not. I think we agree he probably is.  It's only day one and we have three reveals already.  We need to kill someone that already revealed.  DPR is lying. 

McClane is without a doubt a power role, why bother with this setup if you don't make him the best role in the game? I don't agree with the "we need to kill someone that already revealed" logic, unless we lynch 80, primarily because Leelou and DPR are revealed as 2 of the 3 main heroes, as I stated above.

"Walt" rings truer than Argyle? Seriously?

Yeah, wut?

Please, the last time Town Crusher put this much work into a D1 lynch, it was because Ms. Crusher had him on a salad diet. 

And I don't see no lettuce, if you know what I mean. *WINK*

Bad meta, Crusher only puts effort into a lynch as town - he may be wrong, but this feels like typical Crusher scum hunting, he likes misdirection plays so it could be that. Scum Crusher cowers in fear, tbh.

Typically, when people chip at me all throughout D1 and don't actually commit to casing me, it's because they've read me as town, they have a power role and they need to hide in plain site. That is what I thought you might be doing, so I kept you in my list and kept accusing you of directing town-vs-town traffic, because that is what it appeared you were doing.

Good points.

No. This game is filled with mostly good players, if DPR is lying - then the real John McClane is doing the right thing by not countering yet. It's D1 and McClane is most likely the cop or vig. 

To be honest, where it concerns "good guys" there are 3 primary heroes in the film: McClane, Al and Argyle. Every other potential townie is a herp-a-derp that makes things worse, other than Holly.

McClane is without a doubt a power role, why bother with this setup if you don't make him the best role in the game? I don't agree with the "we need to kill someone that already revealed" logic, unless we lynch 80, primarily because Leelou and DPR are revealed as 2 of the 3 main heroes, as I stated above.

Yeah, wut?

Bad meta, Crusher only puts effort into a lynch as town - he may be wrong, but this feels like typical Crusher scum hunting, he likes misdirection plays so it could be that. Scum Crusher cowers in fear, tbh.

^^ this guy gets it

Dude I cower like you (or me) at an AA meeting when Im scum.  Nobody fooled.  

LOL

Neither do I. Only other option besides 80 I'd be comfortable with is JC.

And nice new avi DPR. Very subtle.

Agreed on both, I'd also go to JIF -- he's been pushing all the run-up-to-reveals on the heels of other people's observations/FOS. I'd have to check, but I don't recall him doing any of his own work. Only echoing others, namely me on a couple of my FOSes... he's a big advocate of get behind the Ape when he's scum.

Neither do I. Only other option besides 80 I'd be comfortable with is JC.

And nice new avi DPR. Very subtle.

Trying to get people to notice something, you know?

AVM and Dap know. 

Yeah. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Pac(1): Verb

Leelou(3):  AVM, Dap, Pac

80(3):  JC, Ishy, Crusher

DPR(1): 80

JC(1): Ape

Crusher(1): DPR

Lily(2): Darthe, JiF

Not Voting:  Salami, Lily, Leelou

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.  Deadline has been set to 7pm PST on 7/26.

Sharing bourbon chicken recipes in the scum QT with DPR is my guess.  

Want a recipe for terriaki bourbon steak sauce?

I keep reading the new DPR avi as Ape.

Pac as general Zod looks like scum to me no matter what he says.

Don't trust people based on character claims alone, that is retard play.

Ishy is a fagola that craves the man meat of AVM.

That's basically what I got from the last three pages.  Oh, and Salami stalks this thread like the predator we all know he is.

Want a recipe for terriaki bourbon steak sauce?

I keep reading the new DPR avi as Ape.

Pac as general Zod looks like scum to me no matter what he says.

Don't trust people based on character claims alone, that is retard play.

Ishy is a fagola that craves the man meat of AVM.

That's basically what I got from the last three pages.  Oh, and Salami stalks this thread like the predator we all know he is.

Drink bourbon while cooking steaks on grill with nothing more than sea salt.  Be sure to sear them them before cooking to desired wellness.  Anything more than medium and your better off with a hamburg.

DPR using Ape's McClane avatar is a sweet gesture showing the Ape he was missed and make me want to kill the pirate a little less.

Pac's general zod avatar screams, "another white Russian please."

80's play is always based on being retarded and if you believe DPR's claim you ARE retarded.

Woman dig Ishy and the magic 8 ball says , "soon AVM will as well"

Nothing wrong with stalking salami.

I'm comfortable voting for 80 or anyone I'm finding scummy right now: JiF, Salami, AVM and Pac

JiF -  has been a part of running everyone up

Csarmi -  still can't determine his weirdness from before and attempts to not really step on toes, hasn't really said much since drawing attention to himself

AVM -  antagonizing JiF (could be distancing), placed a couple votes, disappeared

Pac - started the game out strong, does not seem to like attention and diverts, has a hard on for me

80 - claimed Walt, very obscure character

vote 80

If anyone is willing to go another route, I can change.

I love how DPR stated that scum would not claim John McClane.  Then he claims it.  LOL  Breadcrumb much?  I also like how he says it will not pay to run up to many people but calls me scum for saying the same thing.  His claim is horse sh*t.  

No. I just think we gotta kill someone who already revealed.  80's claim rings a little truer to me than yours.  I would slaughter DPR if we could get the votes on him.  Silly and scummy to keep running everyone up.  DPR's reveal is possibly the worse ever.  LOL

If McClane is a power roie then absolutely not. I think we agree he probably is.  It's only day one and we have three reveals already.  We need to kill someone that already revealed.  DPR is lying. 

Agreed.  He's disgusting but its too ballsy to lynch him right now, assuming McClane has some type of power role. 

80 claimed "Walt the generic City Worker"

Leroy claimed Argyle

Which sounds truer or more likely to actually be in the game? Seems obvious to me. And no, I don't trust DPR at all. But Mafia 101 says don't lynch a claimed PR on Day one with no CC. So I don't see any other option than 80 unless we want to run someone else up to a reveal (which I don't) or blind speed lynch someone (which I'm always down for).

**** no - I'm not one of your adoring fans.

Btw, think I could get an autograph?

*blushes*

As I did a re-read, it occurred to me that people don't necessarily believe me all of the time. Weird.

I know, right? Do you remember when Garth Brooks quit country music, changed his name and tried to be a rock star? I was thinking about doing that - really switching things up and taking on a positive and sweet alter ego. That was a good one, I tell you. The only reason I stopped laughing was that I spilt some of my drink, and the store isn't open yet, so I had to calm down.   

Anyway, Unvote - Vote 80

My quick 2c

DPRs reveal was weird but I trust it for now until such time as there is evidence that he is lying

Not worth the risk IMO

Leelou seems to be reacting better now but I can't shake the feeling she is mafia. Ill have to think on it a bit

Either way 80 seems like a rather good way to go for the day

unvote vote 80

I know, right? Do you remember when Garth Brooks quit country music, changed his name and tried to be a rock star? I was thinking about doing that - really switching things up and taking on a positive and sweet alter ego. That was a good one, I tell you. The only reason I stopped laughing was that I spilt some of my drink, and the store isn't open yet, so I had to calm down.   

Anyway, Unvote - Vote 80

Country music could evaporate from the planet and the only thing i would notice is it's easier to find something to listen to when I hit search on my car radio. 

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Pac(1): Verb

Leelou(2):  AVM, Pac

80(7):  JC, Ishy, Crusher, Lily, Leelou, DPR, Dap

Crusher (1): 80

JC(1): Ape

Lily(2): Darthe, JiF

Not Voting:  Salami

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.  Deadline has been set to 7pm PST (4 pm EST) on 7/26 (Friday).

I don't understand why Crusher keeps saying DPR is lying yet isn't voting him.  What are you hiding fat man, other than Vic?  I'd like to gain some more information for the town on my way to the noose.

Unvote vote Crusher

Because he claimed a power role?  

Archived