Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verb shooting Jif makes sense, seen him do it for lulz n1, especially if he is 3rd party. He'd go after town first, even if he has scum suspects, just to cut into the numbers out the gate.

Basic strategy really, just thinking out loud

This is true - I'd cut into town first as a SK even if I had leads on scum.  However, I wouldn't kill JiF - too obvious.  N1 JiF for the lulz points to people like me, which I'd avoid.

So, no.  I'm not scum or SK.

Still think Pac is scum, though.

So I'll Vote: Salami instead.

Picture of him on page 1?

He killed like eleventy billion bad guys in the movie.  

He could hypothetically be a singing beaver, but he's not.

Two kills at night odd?  Option?  Vasectomy before it's too late.

Just missed my keyboard with the sip of ice coffee I had while reading this post.

So, for the point of asking, why are we assuming that McClane is in the game and town? He could hypothetically be SK or a mafia safe claim as well.

I doubt it, but it seems odd to get two kills without a vig shot. Options.

Well, I should say John McClane should be in the game, seeing that the movie is all about. Vig would be very likely. I don't think he could be SK, he's a loner, that's true, but he's conerned by everyone's safety and only shoots at bad guys. I'm not sure if where a discussion about this would go.

I also think that DPR's claim is quite solid for now. I don't know if he'd be powerclaimed if lying, probably not.

I am aware of the this, but don't take the bold on faith.  That is my only point in making the statement initially.  What moderator puts a player in the game knowing that they will be immediately confirming them without some heavy counter balancing?  Especially in a position so volatile.  

Also, JIF getting shot by a player that he gave a gun to would be terrible irony, but his role doesn't require him to give out guns.  Inventors have a host of abilities.  Keep options open, but don't dwell on them imo.

Pac still came off of this looking terrible.  The reasoning that someone would 'never do that because of how scummy it is' that I have seen from a few players doesn't sit well because it allows the other to get away with almost anything

You are a ******* idiot.

All you are doing is trivializing common sense.

You are dancing around setup and wifom, you bring zero value.

This is true - I'd cut into town first as a SK even if I had leads on scum.  However, I wouldn't kill JiF - too obvious.  N1 JiF for the lulz points to people like me, which I'd avoid.

Just missed my keyboard with the sip of ice coffee I had while reading this post.

First sentence = top notch wifom. Good form.

Red = wtf is this "say one thing, do another" day? LOL

Pig.

Well, I should say John McClane should be in the game, seeing that the movie is all about. Vig would be very likely. I don't think he could be SK, he's a loner, that's true, but he's conerned by everyone's safety and only shoots at bad guys. I'm not sure if where a discussion about this would go.

I also think that DPR's claim is quite solid for now. I don't know if he'd be powerclaimed if lying, probably not.

Don't encourage Darthe, he's a moron.

First sentence = top notch wifom. Good form.

Red = wtf is this "say one thing, do another" day? LOL

Pig.

I did in on purpose, goofball.  It seems to FotM recently, so I made an obvious attempt to join in (using the word "instead").

Ape: I really like a lot of his posts, solid analysis. Seems a bit too reasonable and sensible to me (I think Crusher also pointed that out). I don't think I stand a chance figuring him out. If I had to bet, I'd say town. I'd like to think that even if he's scum, he's scumhunting and that'll help us.

Ishy: He wasn't posting much, then he seemed eager to run up more people (namely DPR, for instance). But on the last 10 of pages I liked his posts and seemed quite reasonable and townish.

Lily: She comes out as scummy to me (nudging one train, voting another, wants to keep day long), but then it just became better and I'm not sold now. I find that I just don't have enough info on her.

Crusher: I didn't like how he jumped trains from 80 quickly, also some strange posts there, sometimes he contradicted hismelf within posts. Also when claims done and he said 80 was much more believable and Leelou. There was something more I can't recall now, keeping my eye on him.

Darthe: oh my, I don't know. Slightly scummy read. There were a lot of places I had strong opinions about him. Some fishing maybe? Meh.

AVM: no read at all

Dap: the few posts he had were good scumhunting. I don't have enough to go on, but I like him so far. His play, that is.

Verbal: Really weird play, low contribution on D1 (in terms of adding anything), but lots of steady posting. Then comes out at night. Posts some contrived case on Pac. Can't remember if he tried to slow down 80 lynches, I think someone might have mentioned that. My Top#1

DPR: uncountered John McClane claim. I'd be leaning town even without that. Lots of scumhinting, me seemed.

Pac: Not sure why so mad at him. But he pings, pings, pings. I could vote there. I could consult my notes and figure out why too.

JC: no read at all

vote Verbal

I did in on purpose, goofball.  It seems to FotM recently, so I made an obvious attempt to join in (using the word "instead").

Yes, I know - that is why I wrote "LOL" clearly acknowledging what you were doing. 

vote verb

I do think JiF dying is the best option to go with.  I have a hard time thinking it'd be Pac unless they're mailing it in -- JiF was screaming Pac is scum right after 80s lynch, seems like more of a setup tbh.

Following the Ape...not really a contribution...why is JiF dying the best option?

@JC: we could try to get a chess-game going at some point tomorrow if you like, or maybe the weekend. FIC still down?

Server still down.  Not sure what the deal.  Weekend out for me.  Wife has both sisters and families in town.  Visit the Alamo time.

You scum?

I think I'll have a taste of vote Salami.  His absence brings me concern.  

If absence is the case, why not AVM, Dap, or Lily?

Is your case the same as Crusher?

Eh, **** it.

I'm a Mason.  If you lynch me, you'll vet my partner.  However, if you let me live, my partner can claim as well and that'll narrow down both the lynch pool and the pool our vig can shoot into.

Cop can vet us anytime he wants, or town can decide to lynch one of us later on.  I'd say getting a semi-confirmation would be best.  Logically I can't be scum if myself and my partner claim, right?  You lynch me to test, and my partner would be toast if we were scum.  Therefore, you should trust me as town (for now).

Another benefit is that scum won't NK me - they won't be hitting a town power role, and if they want to remove the "confirmation", they'd have to kill me.....which would both confirm my partner and waste a NK not going after town power roles.

You dig?

so now my home desktop sh*t the bed with a virus..  I've been trying to google fixes for hours with not much success.  Have to use the laptop which is basically the LF's Sims machine.

anywhoo..  I didn't shoot JiF or Leelou but if I had a gun I would have unloaded it on either one of them.

looks like scum and a sk..  if DPR is claiming he "holstered" then it stands to reason a SK is responsible for the 2nd kill..  I don't see how or why the game would be filled with gun toting townies.

I'll Vote Verb

his "case" on me reeked like Crushers socks.  Especially when you factor in his attempts to derail the 80 lynch.

Try to see if you can find anything through pctuneup with whatever is going on.  Not sure what kind of virus you've got, but there's a way to boot up your system in safe mode and download malware removal software.  Also, have you tried the old faithful system restore to a couple days ago?

Following the Ape...not really a contribution...why is JiF dying the Ibest option?

Noted that you didn't really pay attention to what I said.  I'll repeat it though.

#1 -- Shooting JiF for the lulz on N1 happens.  It just does.

#2 -- Aside from "for the lulz," JiF was screaming one player is scum (along with others) -- Pac.  Simple little setup.

#3 -- If Pac (another on the top of the list during last night/early today) was scum, he wouldn't shoot JiF.  He'd think he could out manuver JiF.

#4 -- Not mentioned by me before, I think, but a lot of people had mentioned JiF as scum.  The "easy" play was let JiF live -- this leads me back to the "for the lulz" reasoning

Regardless -- the kill which seemingly made less sense was JiF.  Therefore, looking at it for information is the best option.

Solid logic, and you were obviously hinting at it 30 minutes ago.  Felt that you over-explained why you wont get NK'd a bit too much, but meh.  Lying would be too ballsy, cop can check out you or your partner and though one of you could be GF the other would be free game and that would all but end it if the cop grabbed that one.

Everything you said is true, and you're defending to not get lynched so over-explaining makes sense.

unvote vote Crusher

It's JiF that can read Crush like a book, not the other way around correct?  Down one scum member I could see Crush wanting to get JiF out of the way before he sniffed him out.

Good morning!

I never did see the case on Verb, and I still think Pac is the way to go today. I don't see the scumhunting I usually do from him when he's town. 

Vote Pac

Try to see if you can find anything through pctuneup with whatever is going on.  Not sure what kind of virus you've got, but there's a way to boot up your system in safe mode and download malware removal software.  Also, have you tried the old faithful system restore to a couple days ago?

Noted that you didn't really pay attention to what I said.  I'll repeat it though.

#1 -- Shooting JiF for the lulz on N1 happens.  It just does.

#2 -- Aside from "for the lulz," JiF was screaming one player is scum (along with others) -- Pac.  Simple little setup.

#3 -- If Pac (another on the top of the list during last night/early today) was scum, he wouldn't shoot JiF.  He'd think he could out manuver JiF.

#4 -- Not mentioned by me before, I think, but a lot of people had mentioned JiF as scum.  The "easy" play was let JiF live -- this leads me back to the "for the lulz" reasoning

Regardless -- the kill which seemingly made less sense was JiF.  Therefore, looking at it for information is the best option.

I tried all that...  Long story but I ran something called TDSSKiller which is a super duper malware killer.  It seems to have removed the virus but now I can't connect to my wireless router.  It says "aqcuiring address" but never acquires jack sh-t. 

I googled around for a few hours and did what I could but nothing.  So I wound up creating an acct at the best geek forum I could find and asked for help.  I got one nerd giving me 1 to 1 help and these guys look like they know what the f=ck they're doing.  Best part is it's free...  As of late last night I'm Pac1012 at bleepingcomputer.com and a foriegner named Marius is going to make the pain go away.

Good morning!

I never did see the case on Verb, and I still think Pac is the way to go today. I don't see the scumhunting I usually do from him when he's town. 

Vote Pac

You're getting me close to insulting you for the first time in 4 years..  Did you not hear my Credit Card info was stolen and I got a nasty virus on my home desktop as the cherry on top?

I'm still involved and giving my thoughts...  what other "scumhunting" do you want from me..

Archived