Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

Eh, **** it.

I'm a Mason.  If you lynch me, you'll vet my partner.  However, if you let me live, my partner can claim as well and that'll narrow down both the lynch pool and the pool our vig can shoot into.

Cop can vet us anytime he wants, or town can decide to lynch one of us later on.  I'd say getting a semi-confirmation would be best.  Logically I can't be scum if myself and my partner claim, right?  You lynch me to test, and my partner would be toast if we were scum.  Therefore, you should trust me as town (for now).

Another benefit is that scum won't NK me - they won't be hitting a town power role, and if they want to remove the "confirmation", they'd have to kill me.....which would both confirm my partner and waste a NK not going after town power roles.

You dig?

I don't see the point in you holding back from confirming your partner.

Worst case scenario, you get lynched to verify and the pool is narrowed further.

Best case scenario, you are pulling this as a last-ditch effort because your team is that close to losing. You flip mafia and we're down to 1 or 2 in D2. Not great odds for the scum team. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst case scenario, you get lynched to verify and the pool is narrowed further.

Best case scenario, you are pulling this as a last-ditch effort because your team is that close to losing. You flip mafia and we're down to 1 or 2 in D2. Not great odds for the scum team. 

I read his post as his partner is going to come in regardless -- the "if you let me live, my partner can come in...reduce the pool to shoot in" or whatever.

Also, I keep thinking you're the ape. Damn dirty pirate.

Verbs reveal is cute..  I'm inclined to believe it for now but if he lives a couple more days it won't make sense.  Neither scum or a potential SK would want to vetted townies sitting around too long.

I'll unvote

Vote Darthe

I'll also vote Lily.  Darthes stupidity is getting to the point again where it can't be ignored.  He's actually trying to sell a scenario where John ******* Mcclane wouldn't be in the game.  Mamma Mia with that friggin guy..  every time you think his brain is evolving he says something so stupid it gives you a headache.

was just looking around yahoo at stories and laughed out loud for 20 seconds when I saw this headline:

Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

125-thewrap_213145.jpgBy Brent Lang | The Wrap – 1 hour 34 minutes ago

just thought I'd share..  this is big news in 2013 hahah.

You're getting me close to insulting you for the first time in 4 years..  Did you not hear my Credit Card info was stolen and I got a nasty virus on my home desktop as the cherry on top?

I'm still involved and giving my thoughts...  what other "scumhunting" do you want from me..

You would never use real life as an excuse. We might kid about you a lot, but you are a man of integrity.

Unvote

Eh, **** it.

I'm a Mason.  If you lynch me, you'll vet my partner.  However, if you let me live, my partner can claim as well and that'll narrow down both the lynch pool and the pool our vig can shoot into.

Cop can vet us anytime he wants, or town can decide to lynch one of us later on.  I'd say getting a semi-confirmation would be best.  Logically I can't be scum if myself and my partner claim, right?  You lynch me to test, and my partner would be toast if we were scum.  Therefore, you should trust me as town (for now).

Another benefit is that scum won't NK me - they won't be hitting a town power role, and if they want to remove the "confirmation", they'd have to kill me.....which would both confirm my partner and waste a NK not going after town power roles.

You dig?

I don't have much experience with masons, but I have no reason to doubt him right now. All that analysis up there is a bit confusing me, but lynching a mason don't make sense, right?

Unvote vote Pac

I read his post as his partner is going to come in regardless -- the "if you let me live, my partner can come in...reduce the pool to shoot in" or whatever.

Also, I keep thinking you're the ape. Damn dirty pirate.

Yea, I keep trying to think that too (because of the image).

If he flips Mason...we know he has a partner...doubt scum fake claim there.

I see. Because he would get cc'd and get 1 scum dead for 1 mason don't seem like a good deal.

In other words, he created a new 'town role' that we know to be in the game.

Following the Ape...not really a contribution...why is JiF dying the best option?

Agreed.

Eh, **** it.

You dig?

Unvote Verbal - never really had a case on you, wanted to see who was will to get behind the Ape, I was actually trying to trap Jetscode, but it looks like AVM instead.

Try to see if you can find anything through pctuneup with whatever is going on.  Not sure what kind of virus you've got, but there's a way to boot up your system in safe mode and download malware removal software.  Also, have you tried the old faithful system restore to a couple days ago?

Noted that you didn't really pay attention to what I said.  I'll repeat it though.

#1 -- Shooting JiF for the lulz on N1 happens.  It just does.

#2 -- Aside from "for the lulz," JiF was screaming one player is scum (along with others) -- Pac.  Simple little setup.

#3 -- If Pac (another on the top of the list during last night/early today) was scum, he wouldn't shoot JiF.  He'd think he could out manuver JiF.

#4 -- Not mentioned by me before, I think, but a lot of people had mentioned JiF as scum.  The "easy" play was let JiF live -- this leads me back to the "for the lulz" reasoning

Regardless -- the kill which seemingly made less sense was JiF.  Therefore, looking at it for information is the best option.

This is an awful lot of over-explanation, none of which matters - we're all experienced enough to know that looking at the death toll on D2 and voting people based on spinning meta reasons for why X would shoot Y is amateur hour bullsh*t.

Vote AVM

That's the gist, Salami, yes.

What?  No ******* way.  I get lynched to verify my partner, and then he's NKed that night.  Now there are no confirmed townies, and scum only had to waste an early game shot not going after town PRs.

There is a no-case scenario for scum pulling this as a gambit.  It would be beyond suicidal....and I don't play that way.  You let Cop vet me or my partner at their leisure (or not), and you have 2 semi-confirmed townies.  We don't die because then scum confirms the other....and then has to have wasted TWO shots to remove us both.  I'd love for this to happen, as it would be the best usage of our lives for the town.  Simple logic.

Verbs reveal is cute..  I'm inclined to believe it for now but if he lives a couple more days it won't make sense.  Neither scum or a potential SK would want to vetted townies sitting around too long.

I'll unvote

Vote Darthe

I'll also vote Lily.  Darthes stupidity is getting to the point again where it can't be ignored.  He's actually trying to sell a scenario where John ******* Mcclane wouldn't be in the game.  Mamma Mia with that friggin guy..  every time you think his brain is evolving he says something so stupid it gives you a headache.

See above.  If my partner reveals, scum would likely rather fire into the smaller pool for town PRs.  Double-edged sword, but we get to lynch and likely have a vig of our own.  I'm cool with that.

That's the gist, Salami, yes.

What?  No ******* way.  I get lynched to verify my partner, and then he's NKed that night.  Now there are no confirmed townies, and scum only had to waste an early game shot not going after town PRs.

There is a no-case scenario for scum pulling this as a gambit.  It would be beyond suicidal....and I don't play that way.  You let Cop vet me or my partner at their leisure (or not), and you have 2 semi-confirmed townies.  We don't die because then scum confirms the other....and then has to have wasted TWO shots to remove us both.  I'd love for this to happen, as it would be the best usage of our lives for the town.  Simple logic.

See above.  If my partner reveals, scum would likely rather fire into the smaller pool for town PRs.  Double-edged sword, but we get to lynch and likely have a vig of our own.  I'm cool with that.

Easy there, Tex. There is an obvious scenario where 2 scum would try to draw things out a couple more days rather than lose one to lynch today and hope the other makes it to endgame. If you are scum. it'd be pretty smart to inoculate you and your partner with a Mason claim and hope that multiple Vigs take each other out.

But it's neither here nor there. Truth is, I don't have you down for scum right now anyway, so play it however you like.

Csarmi is still csheeping and playing cstupid. That can't be good.

Crush is still my #1.

I could easily run Dorthe up for his comment.

AVM requires watching.

JC is also playing a very careful game - which he is wont to do, but his posts feel a little too well thought out. I don't know.

What we need is list. Be back. 

1. Apezorz

2. JiF - TOWN - Joseph Takagi, 4x Inventor

3. Ishy

4. Lily

5. Crusher

6. Darthe

7. Csarmi

8. AVM

9. Dap

10. 80 - Theo - Mafia Goon - Lynched D1

11. Leelou - TOWN - Argyle, VT

12. Verb - Claimed Mason

13. DPR - Claimed John McClane

14. Pac

15. JC

Dap for inactivity or AVM for the 'ok' reason Ape just gave.

Question:  do you want my partner to reveal today?

No, not really. I think you guys should refrain if possible, with the intent to garner more info first... but that's how I'd play it, personally. You can do whatever you think is right, it's one of those things where there is logic to either choice.

Verb, you did not claim a name even though you could have. Why?

You've left us to wonder about your partner and your name.

Also, there were no good-guy teams in the movie.

The two FBI douches were technically good guys. And a team I guess.

John + Holly could be a team.

John + Al could be a team.

Johnson & Johnson could be a team (FBI dooshes).

Al + his police chief could be a team.

Thornberg + his cameraman could be a team.

I've seen 2 people hint at being Al in this game so far, Verbal is one of them... you are the other.

So we should call you....Roy?

Unvote.

Al calls McClane Roy throughout the film. 

Eh, **** it.

You dig?

Al and McClane use the term "dig" in their exchanges.

It's not part of Verbal's tee-hee vernacular, so I took it as a hint he might be Al, tbh.

John + Holly could be a team.

John + Al could be a team.

Johnson & Johnson could be a team (FBI dooshes).

Al + his police chief could be a team.

Thornberg + his cameraman could be a team.

I've seen 2 people hint at being Al in this game so far, Verbal is one of them... you are the other.

;-)

The "you dig" was not a hint - just felt like saying it.

Okay.

Well, with you claiming Johnson / Johnson, I'm not concerned you were bluffing a McClane + Al mason team. Feel pretty good about you now. Though not sure what to make of all the bluster between you and Pac. 

Ishy doesn't have to respond about his "call you Roy" remark, he could have just been being cute. Don't care.

My reshuffled list as of now: AVM, JC are my 1 and 2, after that it gets muddy, but I don't like Darthe's peripheral play, he's avoiding conflict and trivialize things that are less than relevant, and I'm not sure what I want to make of Dap or Lily. This is NOT typical Lily play for either alignment, I applaud her for changing things up - she's talked about doing it for a while. I'd actually have to re-read to get an opinion on Dap.

Agreed.

Unvote Verbal - never really had a case on you, wanted to see who was will to get behind the Ape, I was actually trying to trap Jetscode, but it looks like AVM instead.

This is an awful lot of over-explanation, none of which matters - we're all experienced enough to know that looking at the death toll on D2 and voting people based on spinning meta reasons for why X would shoot Y is amateur hour bullsh*t.

Vote AVM

lol...did you just case me for responding to someone who asked why JiF was the best case?

If we're all experienced enough, why did JC have to ask?

lol...did you just case me for responding to someone who asked why JiF was the best case?

If we're all experienced enough, why did JC have to ask?

I voted you because I think you are scum.

My vote on Verbal to start today was a litmus test.

You followed, and the logic of your 1, 2, 3, 4 post was rife with wifom-ey meta... but ultimately I was left thinking "it is far more likley AVM shot JIF so he could point to the list of reasons why Verbal did it (hence framing Verbal for the lulz or trying to frame Pac), than it is likely that Verbal actually shot JIF. 

Verbal trying to frame Pac was too obvious, but scum shooting JIF to leverage the circumstances the game provided between JIF, Pac and Verbal against Verbal, makes more sense. 

My assumption is vetted somewhat by Verbal's claim. So I'm comfortable now with my vote on you.

I thought JC was trying to see how you'd explain yourself - moreso than him asking because he needed an answer.

I think I would rather see this day go to the inactive. JN deserves more. unvote vote Dap

Also, hate to say it but Pac's reason for his strange play looks genuine to me. He wouldn't lie about an RL issue to save himself and townies generally want to be understood.

Archived