Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

Even if you don't believe I was framed, you have me isolated, while salami is obviously controlling one of the kills also. Lynch him, and make sure of it, because if he's not, then it could be the "masons"

We will have either isolated with the other dead.  I see no advantage to letting you live, only the potential disadvantage of choosing what is unknown over what is known, however highly unlikely that may seem.

I don't care about what is more stylish, entertaining, or otherwise.  I prefer simple efficiency.  Two kills = to factions.  two unconfirmed people = two killers.  You're both doing something negative, thus Ishy's reticence is illogical.

We will have either isolated with the other dead. I see no advantage to letting you live, only the potential disadvantage of choosing what is unknown over what is known, however highly unlikely that may seem.

I don't care about what is more stylish, entertaining, or otherwise. I prefer simple efficiency. Two kills = to factions. two unconfirmed people = two killers. You're both doing something negative, thus Ishy's reticence is illogical.

We've had town/scum masons before... And you now have me wondering about you. Frame me, force my lynch, keep sk alive and you get the numbers you need for scum win

Only explanation for your inflexibility on this.

We've had town/scum masons before... And you now have me wondering about you. Frame me, force my lynch, keep sk alive and you get the numbers you need for scum win

Only explanation for your inflexibility on this.

His inflexibility? How about the fact that you refuse to put a vote on Salami? You need the two kills tonight, so you're hoping for a hung lynch, and it goes random. It's pretty transparent dude.

Even if you don't believe I was framed, you have me isolated, while salami is obviously controlling one of the kills also. Lynch him, and make sure of it, because if he's not, then it could be the "masons"

This makes no sense. If you think that one of the "masons" might be scum, then how am I sure to be controlling any kills?

It makes perfectly good sense to lynch you (known scum) right now.

Ishy has claimed cop, no counterclaim. 

Verb + Darthe claimed masons.

You get lynched. If Ishy lives in the morning, he can come back with a viewing. If he dies, it's two claimed masons and me alive. 

The masons claimed to be the FBI. We have no reason to believe that either of them would be scum, or that they lied in their claim. The setting surely don't allow them to be of different alignment and THEY know for sure whether they're telling the truth about being the FBI (looks likely, why would they have been left out)?

His inflexibility? How about the fact that you refuse to put a vote on Salami? You need the two kills tonight, so you're hoping for a hung lynch, and it goes random. It's pretty transparent dude.

Why would two kills help him?

This makes no sense. If you think that one of the "masons" might be scum, then how am I sure to be controlling any kills?

It makes perfectly good sense to lynch you (known scum) right now.

Ishy has claimed cop, no counterclaim. 

Verb + Darthe claimed masons.

You get lynched. If Ishy lives in the morning, he can come back with a viewing. If he dies, it's two claimed masons and me alive. 

The masons claimed to be the FBI. We have no reason to believe that either of them would be scum, or that they lied in their claim. The setting surely don't allow them to be of different alignment and THEY know for sure whether they're telling the truth about being the FBI (looks likely, why would they have been left out)?

No sense?

Nothing, not ONE thing you've said to defend yourself makes sense. If I am town being framed, Ish is cop, you are SK (controlling a kill, derp), then that leaves one of verb or darthe controlling the other kill. You are so grotesquely NOT paying attention to the circumstantial logic, math or anything else it's ridiculous.

You haven't earned a victory, so I'm not just going to roll over. Acting as if you don't realize with 5 players left, mislynch me, 4 left you go into night with 2 killers which will result in 2 dead, and a win for either SK or scum. 

Here's the deal...

I'm Karl, scum - the guy that Bruce Willis kills but then comes back in the end and has to be killed again by Al.

I have outplayed the crap out of you, I've played out front all game long, contributed and taken risk in order to rebound from the rest of my team sh*tting the bed. I'm part of a 3 man scum team that had a GF, a goon and my role consists of one-time abilities that may or may not be statistically improbable, meh. We had a symp, Pac, he was awful. We were vastly underpowered against a town that had cop, doc, inventor, vig, in addition to a SK, and my team played like sh*t. To have brought the game this close, all I want is to be one of the final three. 

Initially I thought about coming into today seeing if you and I could team up and vote against the same townie together, but I figured the benefits of that logic would be lost on you and you'd come after me. 

So, my goal is to make it one step further in the game than you, since all you did was flake out after getting heat on D1 and hide from the game, an approach to mafia I have no respect for, and every counter-argument you've made has been illogical. 

In my book, you haven't earned a final 3. So I implore the others to lynch you and then take pleasure in lynching me next. You all wanted me to come back and be epic, well, here you go... I'm revealing as scum in order to make the case that the town should let me outlive the serial killer.

Now, will one of y'all vote for the salami and  make my wildest dreams come true? mmmmmkay, thanks.

So now you want to be in the final three. What a nice argument.

At least you did reveal yourself as scum. Just go ahead and lynch this scum. Ktxbye

On a more serious note. Yea, you did play a good game, I liked it.

But you were freaking lynched already, so how do you think it looks like from MY point of view?

I scumhunted as best as I could (under the cicrumstances), and no I didn't hide, that's just not true at all.

As for who deserves to get into top3, top4, or win the game, for that matter - do you think that's how maffia works? 

I don't want to get into a nasty argument with you on who deserves what.

Are you a better player than me? - Sure.

Did you play better this time? - Probably.

I dislike how you're talking me down however, I tried my ******* best at scumhunting and playing the game in general. Was that good enough? I don't know, maybe not, but I think I did help with the Pac lynch at least.

As for this day, well the events of the last two days happened very fast. I had the simple plan of keep scumhunting. Did I do it well? MAybe not, but there wasn't much to scumhunt either.

No, I can't win at all. I had lame things like vote control, bus driver and framer, all one timers, and all statistically improbable to actual help us.

You did run off and hide, avoided conflict completely and only commented at length on people after they died. You did no scum hunting you lurked like a cowad. I don't believe in rewarding a chicken sh*t, you don't like how I talk about it? GFY

My team got decimated and I had balls enough to lead the lynch on avm, shoot dpr and use my vote control on Ishy. The mod flubbed, I was not lynched.

I want final because it would mean beating you, and playing great to make it close when we were getting clobbered.

No, I can't win at all. I had lame things like vote control, bus driver and framer, all one timers, and all statistically improbable to actual help us.

You did run off and hide, avoided conflict completely and only commented at length on people after they died. You did no scum hunting you lurked like a cowad. I don't believe in rewarding a chicken sh*t, you don't like how I talk about it? GFY

My team got decimated and I had balls enough to lead the lynch on avm, shoot dpr and use my vote control on Ishy. The mod flubbed, I was not lynched.

I want final because it would mean beating you, and playing great to make it close when we were getting clobbered.

I didn't run off and hide and I didn't lurk either.

But man, whatever you say.

And vote control would win you the game at a 3P-endgame. Statistically improbable? You're almost there.

Edited by csarmi

Listen, I know... KNOW you are the SK.

I had a 1-time role cop, and used it on you.

I had a 1-time bus driver that I used on Crusher the first night, hoping DPR would should him - and thus kill himself.

I had a 1-time frame that I used on Dap the night Verb kept saying "we need to look at Dap".

And obviously I'm using the 1-time vote control now with Ishy. I thought about making Ishy vote himself, and then you and I would vote him and take him out, but then I didn't think you'd pass on shooting me. So I opted to let town beat me like this, rather than let you beat me.

I didn't run off and hide and I didn't lurk either.

But man, whatever you say.

And vote control would win you the game at a 3P-endgame. Statistically improbable? You're almost there.

1-time ability genius, I used it on Ishy. I can't use it again, my game is over.

I'm literally playing to beat you. I plan to shoot Darthe tonight, and give the win to Ishy and Verbal, because those two actually played well. Ishy's reveal was dumb, but he was smart enough to view me, and Verb has been on-point all game long, he's the MVP.

And you're using your VC on Ishy on me? Jeez.

As for bus driver, that's not so bad at all, not when there are other kills out there AND cop views.

It's a 1-time bus driver, which basically means you have to pick right - or it goes to waste, just like with the framer. The only abilities that were helpful were role cop and vote control, but even role cop... great I know you are SK, but now what? Unless I reveal as scum I can't actually do anything with the info.

Vote count would have been perfect if I could have made it to 3 players, but needed to use it just to survive today. Technically I submitted for Ishy to vote you BEFORE my hammer. 

Maybe you should start playing to win the game.

It's impossible. So my consolation is beating you.

The setup was broken by allowing people to character claim, there were too few McClane aligned characters in the movie - the moderator should have afforded scum safe character claims, that's usually how it works when you allow character claims at all.

Giving the town a cop, a pair of masons, and the ability to vet simply by character claiming made it almost impossible for town to lose this one. Our team had a symp, a godfather, a goon and my role which (as I've said) would require great luck to capitalize on - plus I only got the 4 abilities, after they are used up I have nothing. Town had a doc, cop, inventor (hands out kills), and a vig, plus a SK killing people nightly. Even if my teammates had played well, which they didn't, I don't believe we had a shot.

I got very lucky running AVM up, that gave me a chance - but you screwed both of us really by not shooting at Ishy. If you shot Ishy, and I shot DPR, then we'd be lynching Lily right now, and you and I could have been the final 2 after we shot Verb and Darthe tonight. 

It's a 1-time bus driver, which basically means you have to pick right - or it goes to waste, just like with the framer. The only abilities that were helpful were role cop and vote control, but even role cop... great I know you are SK, but now what? Unless I reveal as scum I can't actually do anything with the info.

Vote count would have been perfect if I could have made it to 3 players, but needed to use it just to survive today. Technically I submitted for Ishy to vote you BEFORE my hammer. 

You could have claimed to have received a 1-shot viewing from the inventor and out me as not-town?

Or maybe you didn't rolecheck me at all and you're making this up on the fly. Hmm, probably not.

I see.

So when I saw you got hammered (at least it seemed to me that you were), I told you that you played a good game. 

I can't see why you would give up playing to win just to spite me, however. 

Not sure what you don't understand, I cannot win at this point. I saw myself getting speed lynched and told mod make Ishy vote you, it was kneejerk, didn't have time to consider other options. I needed to peel his vote off of me, then when I thought about it - I realized there's no way I can win, even if we lynch you, I can only shoot one person tonight and then I get lynched tomorrow. Town wins.

I haven't given up on winning, I just can't - neither can you at this point. So, I'm playing for the Silver medal