Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could have claimed to have received a 1-shot viewing from the inventor and out me as not-town?

Or maybe you didn't rolecheck me at all and you're making this up on the fly. Hmm, probably not.

When could I have done this - before or after Ishy outed me as scum?

This is why I'm playing to beat you now... sigh.

Wow.

I did have one (the one I safeclaimed today, not very believable today, but still).

Oh really? They gave you that safe claim? It wasn't very safe, they might as well have not bothered... they gave you the one unnamed character claim in the game. The safe claims could have probably been the McClane kids, dammit that I just thought of this now. :(

So what do we do now? Wait for Verb to decide the medals?

It would appear that way. 

I was told I could probably safeclaim my own character too. It might have worked if I wasn't shooting. I mean, as a survivor claim.

So if we were the last two remaining, that'd have given us both victory?

I wasn't playing against you, you know. 

My idea was to scumhunt, I really did try. You can say that I was hiding, but I wasn't and you can say that I didn't do a good job, but it's my 3rd game here and I was never good at scumhunting anyway. I'm doing fair when it comes to analyzing, figuring out setups, etc, but I'm just way too inexperienced.

When could I have done this - before or after Ishy outed me as scum?

This is why I'm playing to beat you now... sigh.

Sorry, I didn't put this game together yet. So too late with the rolecop, apparently.

The irony that there WAS a framer and bus driver in the game (both could have made Ishy's viewing bad) is not lost on me.

I was told I could probably safeclaim my own character too. It might have worked if I wasn't shooting. I mean, as a survivor claim.

So if we were the last two remaining, that'd have given us both victory?

I wasn't playing against you, you know. 

My idea was to scumhunt, I really did try. You can say that I was hiding, but I wasn't and you can say that I didn't do a good job, but it's my 3rd game here and I was never good at scumhunting anyway. I'm doing fair when it comes to analyzing, figuring out setups, etc, but I'm just way too inexperienced.

If we were the last two, then yes - I think maybe we would have both won. Not sure on that.

Sorry, I didn't put this game together yet. So too late with the rolecop, apparently.

The irony that there WAS a framer and bus driver in the game (both could have made Ishy's viewing bad) is not lost on me.

Yeah, the issue for me is I expect to be viewed by N3 in every game, so I tried to use those things early and hope for the best. I couldn't afford to sit on them and not put them to use. 

Once my whole team was dead, I should have sat and figured everything out to find a way to end game, but I didn't have time and I figured it would be for naught. 

I rolled the dice false-claiming Lily's character to pre-empt her. I figured that would get me through the night, and figured you would shoot Ishy, so I shot DPR. Thus we'd have come into today with Verb, Darthe, you and I.

I would have vote controlled Verb to vote you, then I would have voted you, and Darthe would have likely followed suit.

Then I would have shot either Darthe or Verb for the win.

Unfortunately, you shot Lily instead of Ishy, and Ishy viewed me to top it off. That said, claiming Dwayne Robinson at the time was the best play I could make. I really thought people would look up the character list and realize there's nobody else but terrorists and reporters and if Ishy, Verb and Darthe were accounted for as allies of McClane, then that leaves only Lily and you as non-town.

Not sure why you shot Lily, she was easily the best lynch candidate - but it did steal the win from me. So kudos to you on that, you may not have meant to play vs. me in particular, but you robbed me of the win, and set it up so town wins. Inadvertently I guess.

I have shot Lily about 5 minutes after night fell btw - we weren't waiting on my action.

I didn't think about that too much, I wanted you alive and I wanted to make sure we ddin't shoot the same person. I figured you'd go for Ishy yourself.

I already know all that. I shot the other people who died, except Dap who was shot by DPR. :)

You do, but the others don't. Not for sure, anyway.

Just confirming it to make the situation clear.

I have shot Lily about 5 minutes after night fell btw - we weren't waiting on my action.

I didn't think about that too much, I wanted you alive and I wanted to make sure we ddin't shoot the same person. I figured you'd go for Ishy yourself.

Yeah, we wifomed each other. I thought for sure you'd take out Ishy, so I did the most logical thing I could think of after that, and removed their vig. 

Good news is scum & sk can't risk out wifoming each other on who will shoot Ishy......they both need to just in case.

I'm a ******* prophet, lol.

Amazing - x2 in one game.  I love this sh*t.

So, we have:

Ishy - Cop

Darthe - Mason

Verbal - Mason

Ape - mafia

Salami - SK

@Ape:  my problem here is that if you have a 2nd vote control (and are lying about your # of usage), you can hang the vote tomorrow and win with NKs.  Not sure I can risk that, tbh.  I have to make the logical vote to help my town.

Ahh....I know why day was restarted - you submitted your vote control and mods didn't count it and showed your lynch.....got it.

Wow, what a sh*tshow.

@Mods:  why was Day restarted?

Ishy gave his results on me, and voted me, before she had the chance to tell him his vote was controlled. All she really needed to do was remove his vote from me and make him vote for Csarmi.

So, we have:

Ishy - Cop

Darthe - Mason

Verbal - Mason

Ape - mafia

Salami - SK

@Ape:  my problem here is that if you have a 2nd vote control (and are lying about your # of usage), you can hang the vote tomorrow and win with NKs.  Not sure I can risk that, tbh.  I have to make the logical vote to help my town.

Ahh....I know why day was restarted - you submitted your vote control and mods didn't count it and showed your lynch.....got it.

Yeah, this.

I understand the dilemma. I can't win, which is why I've let this turn to basically a post-game conversation.

I can assure you that town will win 100% and I'll leave you alive to claim the victory. I've already given the mod an earful about my displeasure with the town getting masons, a cop, and basically the advantage of being able to vet each other with character reveals, while my team got a GF and my sh*tty 1-timer abilities. 

This game is over?  LOL

I just lost a piece of gum in my underwear I think.

Yep.

If I had another vote control to use, I would have stuck with my "I was framed" defense. I had no reason to throw my hands up and reveal as scum, except that this bad boy is over.

Once I realized I can't win, saw no point flailing about with my false claim.

Yep.

If I had another vote control to use, I would have stuck with my "I was framed" defense. I had no reason to throw my hands up and reveal as scum, except that this bad boy is over.

Once I realized I can't win, saw no point flailing about with my false claim.

Meh, I dislike this "throw up my hands cause I can't win anyway" play even though you sound very sincere to me.

Meh, I dislike this "throw up my hands cause I can't win anyway" play even though you sound very sincere to me.

Dislike it all you want, it's just another example of basic logic being lost on you. I put in a helluva effort during the last night phase, to set up a successful day phase - that involved DPR and Ishy both dying. 

When the day started and Ishy was alive, and Lily died... Ishy had me as scum, and Lily's coroner report showed the character I false claimed because he was the ONLY guy left that would have been obviously town. I claimed Dwayne Robinson so that today, I could have the power position on that claim while trying to get you lynched.

That would have ended the day with you being lynched - and me, Lily, Darthe adn Verbal left. I would have shot Verbal. Then vote controlled Darthe to lynch Lily and I would have won.

You shooting Lily instead of Ishy, screwed me - and kind of screwed yourself - and saved the town. I almost pulled off a great comeback, and you almost won as SK.

@Mods:  Are we really going to wait for me to vote here, or are you just ending the game with a town win?

If I'm lying, which I am not, would you rather see me pull off the win after the effort I put forth? Or would you like to see Csarmi roll into endgame by basically employing the lurk/inactive strategy.

It's csalami for crying out loud.

Very true....all because derptown blind lynched the Doc.

Which was a ballsy move on my part, I knew damn well AVM was roled up... he "slow-played the pressure". LOL

It was the only play I could make to turn the tables and I made it. 

Dislike it all you want, it's just another example of basic logic being lost on you. I put in a helluva effort during the last night phase, to set up a successful day phase - that involved DPR and Ishy both dying. 

When the day started and Ishy was alive, and Lily died... Ishy had me as scum, and Lily's coroner report showed the character I false claimed because he was the ONLY guy left that would have been obviously town. I claimed Dwayne Robinson so that today, I could have the power position on that claim while trying to get you lynched.

That would have ended the day with you being lynched - and me, Lily, Darthe adn Verbal left. I would have shot Verbal. Then vote controlled Darthe to lynch Lily and I would have won.

You shooting Lily instead of Ishy, screwed me - and kind of screwed yourself - and saved the town. I almost pulled off a great comeback, and you almost won as SK.

Ape played well. I shoulda nailed SKarmi. 

Overall, it was a very cool game and people played well. Well done mods!

If I'm lying, which I am not, would you rather see me pull off the win after the effort I put forth? Or would you like to see Csarmi roll into endgame by basically employing the lurk/inactive strategy.

It's csalami for crying out loud.

Outside of the bold, I agree.  But there is another reason.  If by chance the SK has a vest that protects against lynches, we go into night with no lynch and you guys shoot townies and town loses.  So even if you are telling the truth, town can still lose if we lynch Salami.

He's a SK with a NK......chances are not low that he has a BPV or 1-time lynch protection as well.  Sorry dude - logical move is to not take this chance, even to reward effort.  I'd rather win.

Which was a ballsy move on my part, I knew damn well AVM was roled up... he "slow-played the pressure". LOL

It was the only play I could make to turn the tables and I made it. 

Agreed, and well done on your part.  I didn't expect our Cop to blind hammer our Doc - that was awesome.  I would have lost my sh*t on the thread in an epic meltdown......but AVM took it with grace.  Kudos to him, lol.

Hold the phone.

If Salami does have protection, he'd win if we lynch Ape.  5 alive, 4 with Ape dead, and then 3 tomorrow once Salami kills.

Then a no lynch would allow him to NK for a 1-1 the next day....and his win.

So the only chance I'm taking is that Ape is not lying about being able to vote control 1 more time.......hmmmmm.

Archived