Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

Strangely enough, that was DPR. I'm mildly creeped out that he appears to have appropriated my avatar.

o.o ERMAHGERD.

And no, please submit actions via your threads/qts. ^_^  AND MAKE IT SNAPPY ALL!  j/k 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm off in about 10 mins, then back in an hour for the blind lynch (takes me about an hour to get to work).

I'm willing to put the first vote tomorrow, if you prefer me to.

You've played an awesome game, especially last day.

I'm pretty sure that she can't confirm your win condition on thread.

No, via PM. I PM'ed her and she won't respond.

Trying to find out what would happen if we kill 2 town tonight, then lynch the last tomorrow and then both shoot each other and both die OR both survive the shots. We couldn't lynch each other after that, so it'd be a stalemate. 

I find it likely that they can only PAFO that - town could object to scum+sk having better than a blind alliance.

Just go ahead and do it and we'll see. If game is not called, I'll holster the next night.

No, via PM. I PM'ed her and she won't respond.

Trying to find out what would happen if we kill 2 town tonight, then lynch the last tomorrow and then both shoot each other and both die OR both survive the shots. We couldn't lynch each other after that, so it'd be a stalemate.

My personal opinion is that it'd be quite thematic to call the game when the last townie is dead (scum walks home with their money, sk walks home with their story that will suuuuuuuurely win the Pulitzer price).

I find it likely that they can only PAFO that - town could object to scum+sk having better than a blind alliance.

Just go ahead and do it and we'll see. If game is not called, I'll holster the next night.

I killed Darthe, technically a mod is supposed to clearly define win conditions for all alignments, for all possible scenarios. I'm all about PAFO except where it concerns a clear-cut win condition.

Either way, we'd be retarded not to both shoot town tonight, then lynch Verb tomorrow. 

My personal opinion is that it'd be quite thematic to call the game when the last townie is dead (scum walks home with their money, sk walks home with their story that will suuuuuuuurely win the Pulitzer price).

agreed.

I'm down for this. 

There's 5 of us, we can kill 2 townies tonight - then we go into tomorrow with 1 town, 1 scum and 1 sk. We both vote the townie, and then we can both holster making it a win for you and for scum. 

Indeed, this was awesome. You played the day perfect, tbh. 

So how about you shoot Ishy, and I'll shoot Darthe and then we can lynch Verbal tomorrow?

You are ******* retarded.  If you get down to you and Salami, and he has a vest, YOU ******* LOSE.  If he does, and you lose like that, I'll laugh my ass off for quite a while.

You have ZERO chance of winning this game.  ZERO.  Either town wins or a lurking Salami who did nothing since D1.

EAD.

You are ******* retarded.  If you get down to you and Salami, and he has a vest, YOU ******* LOSE.  If he does, and you lose like that, I'll laugh my ass off for quite a while.

You have ZERO chance of winning this game.  ZERO.  Either town wins or a lurking Salami who did nothing since D1.

EAD.

This post alone is worth going with this plan.

Off to work, back in an hour.

EAD.

So, you are suggesting I should have shot at Salami tonight? Even though you just tried to scare me that he may have a vest to protect himself on the following night?

You have no idea what I have up my sleeves... but please, bring that emo.

With the dawn, two more deaths added to the already large toll.  Al Powell was a good cop.  He tried to always do the right thing.  This time however, it cost him his life.  FBI Agent Johnson rarely left his partner's side, but curiosity killed the cat as it were.  He went off to investigate something on his own and never returned.

Other_agent_johnson.JPG

807726962_orig.jpeg

Ishy - Al Powell - Town Cop has been killed

Darthe - Agent Johnson - Town Mason has been killed

Mafia wins!  Ape, take a bow.  The number of town now equals the number of mafia, thus winning the game.

With the dawn, two more deaths added to the already large toll.  Al Powell was a good cop.  He tried to always do the right thing.  This time however, it cost him his life.  FBI Agent Johnson rarely left his partner's side, but curiosity killed the cat as it were.  He went off to investigate something on his own and never returned.

Other_agent_johnson.JPG

807726962_orig.jpeg

Ishy - Al Powell - Town Cop has been killed

Darthe - Agent Johnson - Town Mason has been killed

Mafia wins!  Ape, take a bow.  The number of town now equals the number of mafia, thus winning the game.

Wow, you just royally screwed your Serial Killer.

Wow.

I'm not happy at all with the way things played out, but everyone should remember that this is Hobbit's first time modding ever. For her to try running it here took alot of guts. I have every confidence that her skills will improve. Thanks for running this for us Hobbit.

That's what I was hoping to hear regarding my win condition.

Serial killer usually has to eliminate all factions. Scum has to be equal to or more than town.

Tress and Hallia, I know I gave you some grief about balance - but it was minor stuff mostly - I've got to tell you, this was one of the most entertaining games I've played in a while and I'm grateful you waited for my ban to finish so I could play.

Thank you. :)

Wow, you just royally screwed your Serial Killer.

Wow.

SK would have had a guaranteed win if Ape had been lynched D4.

His win condition was to be the last man standing... he had a 1x lynchproof and a 1x BPV.

Depending on the choice of night actions, he still could have won after N4.  Trust me, he wasn't screwed.

That's what I was hoping to hear regarding my win condition.

Serial killer usually has to eliminate all factions. Scum has to be equal to or more than town.

Tress and Hallia, I know I gave you some grief about balance - but it was minor stuff mostly - I've got to tell you, this was one of the most entertaining games I've played in a while and I'm grateful you waited for my ban to finish so I could play.

Thank you. :)

Yes, but they ignored the 3rd party.  You can't ignore a living player when calculating a win condition.

SK would have had a guaranteed win if Ape had been lynched D4.

His win condition was to be the last man standing... he had a 1x lynchproof and a 1x BPV.

Depending on the choice of night actions, he still could have won after N4.  Trust me, he wasn't screwed.

Yes, he was.  You calculated a win for mafia by not counting his presence as a living player.  Mafia outnumbered town, yes, but there was more than town alive.

I'm not happy at all with the way things played out, but everyone should remember that this is Hobbit's first time modding ever. For her to try running it here took alot of guts. I have every confidence that her skills will improve. Thanks for running this for us Hobbit.

Mafia team was pretty weak on abilities, we had a GF, a symp and my Jack of all Trades (bus drive, role cop, frame and vote control) only. I wasn't lynchproof, or bulletproof.

The SK was loaded. 

McClane role was weak as crap. IMO McClane and Karl should have been the most lethal and most difficult to kill. 

The modesses did a good job overall, just some balance things I'd have done differently.

Allowing character reveals was the thing that nearly broke the game, especially with scum not getting any safe claims.

I'm sorry, I probably messed it up.  My bad v.v

Don't sweat it - like Ishy said, it was your first game.  We are pretty harsh here when discussing balance.

At least SMC isn't here, lol.

Yes, but they ignored the 3rd party.  You can't ignore a living player when calculating a win condition.

Yes, he was.  You calculated a win for mafia by not counting his presence as a living player.  Mafia outnumbered town, yes, but there was more than town alive.

I don't disagree. I had every intention of voting Csarmi this day though, so not sure who you would have voted - but I wasn't getting duped, that's why I shot Darthe not you, Darthe would have voted me in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry, I probably messed it up.  My bad v.v

It's fine - Verbal should just say what he was going to do, and then we can speculate as to how it would have ended. No biggie.

Don't sweat it - like Ishy said, it was your first game.  We are pretty harsh here when discussing balance.

At least SMC isn't here, lol.

She'd be in tears already.

Anyway, would you have voted Csarmi with me today? 

Archived