Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Csalami - good game btw, I know I dogged you a lot, but that was just part of making the "integrity of the gameplay" appeal to Verb, when I needed him to vote you. 

I knew you weren't town on D1, but couldn't get any traction on your train - was too busy making sure I bused my team as they told everyone they were scum. LOL

Csalami - good game btw, I know I dogged you a lot, but that was just part of making the "integrity of the gameplay" appeal to Verb, when I needed him to vote you. 

I knew you weren't town on D1, but couldn't get any traction on your train - was too busy making sure I bused my team as they told everyone they were scum. LOL

That had nothing to do with why I voted him.  You offered beer.

Also, 33% anti-town with multiple kills each night was pretty stacked against town.

Town had cop, doc, 1-time vig, masons, 4-time inventor (kills could go anywhere), and character claims to their advantage.

Scum had GF, symp, goon and jack of all trades with abilities that all were statistically improbable to do anything to help, plus NKs.

SK had nightly kill, safe character claim, 1-time lynch proof and 1-time BPV.

Town had the vetting advantage, scum had garbage, and SK was loaded.

McClane role was very anti-climactic.

From your QT:

What a hypocrite.

At first, I thought that was the case... I wasn't being a hypocrite, so much as correcting my original assumption. I had to play out the game to begin realizing that things like bus driver and framer, as 1-time uses, have to be homeruns - otherwise they are strike outs. Statistical improbability that those abilities help. I just didn't realize it at first when I was all ramped up to be playing.

GFY.

Allowing character reveals was the thing that nearly broke the game, especially with scum not getting any safe claims.

Y'all didn't ask for them either, just sayin'. ;)

Not that they would have been fabulous, but there were characters that we cut from the setup that you could have used.

That had nothing to do with why I voted him.  You offered beer.

I know, but it was one of the things I tried and I just wanted him to know it wasn't truly how I felt, since he seemed bent about it.

Y'all didn't ask for them either, just sayin'. ;)

Not that they would have been fabulous, but there were characters that we cut from the setup that you could have used.

Should have to ask for them in a game that allow character reveals, and character can immediately vet alignment if un-countered. 

Salami's was awful, that's part of the flaw with a move with so few characters, character name should have been taken out of the mechanics.

Just my opinion.

Interesting conclusion to the game.

I can't say I agree - the maffia shouldn't be able to win while there is a threat out there to be eliminated. They usually have to outnumber the town too.

They have neither:

1) They only got 1 out of 3 votes

2) They have a NK threat out there

If you count me with the maffia for the win condition, then you should count me a winner too.

I'm not gonna bitch about it, I've made the last three and it's fine.

If you count me with the maffia for the win condition, then you should count me a winner too.

You weren't counted with them for their win condition.  But Verb's point is taken.  Will have to think about how the mafia win condition should be worded if there is an additional anti-town element that we don't want to make obvious from the outset.

So my hammer decision was to give the game to Salami or Ape?

Meh, I want my beer.

Yes, that was your hammer decision in this case. My decision tonight was apparently to choose between townie and scum win. I chose scum win - but I had no clue the game would be over with 1-1-1 left, that's pretty unusual.

With all that said, I loved the game and I find it quite entertaining that Ape won this - he's the John McClane anyway.

I knew he might have something up his sleeve, but I was fine with it.

I'm sorry, I probably messed it up.  My bad v.v

Meh, it was a pretty nice game, and don't forget that it's a game afterall. It was awesome either way and I feel just fine. These last two mornings were tiring for me, posting from 5am to 7am in the morning was hard on me. I can't sleep anyway though so it's fine.

You weren't counted with them for their win condition.  But Verb's point is taken.  Will have to think about how the mafia win condition should be worded if there is an additional anti-town element that we don't want to make obvious from the outset.

For what it's worth - I think it would be problematic to call it a game with a vig shot out there too. No lynch, then vig shoots maffi, game over.

At least that's how I usually saw it worded (and for that reason).

For the record, I'd have voted with Ape on the remaining townie even if the townie voted him - I'd have kept my word there. 

I'd also have holstered at night, if need be.

Anyway, I loved this game, yea I was loaded (1xlynchproof and 1xbulletproof is no joke), but I don't think it's easy to play SK here - also it was my first (online) SK game ever, I think.

Edit: yea well if Ape votes me and Verbal votes Ape, I'd switch my vote, I'm not a complete dummy - but I was willing to trust this scumbag.

As for my shots:

I killed JiF because I thought scum won't kill him and I had an idea that he was roled up. Not sure why, just a hunch.

I killed JC because I thought scum wouldn't kill him, I thought he might be roled up (the clean play) and because he said he'd be away a lot (I wanted to keep the more active players in the game, cause that's more interesting and shouldn't hurt me).

I killed Lily to make sure we don't shoot the same guy, I wasn't much worried about being viewed and I hoped either Ape shoots Ishy, or gets viewed and lynched. If Ape gets lynched there, I got the game.

My plan was to lynch scum, shoot town roles. I seen other SK'S holstering night one in some SK games I read, but I couldn't see how that would help me, especially because I can't claim Vig anyway because that's surely John McClane.

My guess was that McClane would have 3xVig, 3xCop, 1xProtect, or something like that.

I assumed that you were playing the game - so was I.

Also I did notice you changing your talk once I wasn't lynched - to make me go with your plan. But my best play was to go with it anyway.

Also, 33% anti-town with multiple kills each night was pretty stacked against town.

I disagree, town had pretty good roles, and a mason pair. SK should be counted as a 3rd team for balance purposes and 4 maffia / 10 townies don't sound bad at all.

The wording I liked most:

You win when you're holding the voting majority and all threats to the maffia have been eliminated.

Mafia team was pretty weak on abilities, we had a GF, a symp and my Jack of all Trades (bus drive, role cop, frame and vote control) only. I wasn't lynchproof, or bulletproof.

The Symp and GF are great (would the Symp have been viewed as town btw - it should, right?). Your roles aren't that bad either, for example your bus driver enabled you to remove any threats without doc protection (like you planned to do with DPR). Vote Control at the right moment is a game winner.

The SK will probably try and shoot town PR's for you.

Strangely enough, that was DPR. I'm mildly creeped out that he appears to have appropriated my avatar.

The question is, WHOSE AVATAR IS NEXT?

Nah, I already feel better back in my pirate clothes. It was weird to be re-reading and thinking "man, Ape made a great post there..." only to realize it was me. 

With the dawn, two more deaths added to the already large toll.  Al Powell was a good cop.  He tried to always do the right thing.  This time however, it cost him his life.  FBI Agent Johnson rarely left his partner's side, but curiosity killed the cat as it were.  He went off to investigate something on his own and never returned.

Other_agent_johnson.JPG

807726962_orig.jpeg

Ishy - Al Powell - Town Cop has been killed

Darthe - Agent Johnson - Town Mason has been killed

Mafia wins!  Ape, take a bow.  The number of town now equals the number of mafia, thus winning the game.

Well done Ape. This rates right up with Dan x's crazy cop mafia win after JiF and I died Day1 and Day2.  Awesome job.  Yet game seems a little Hollow to me without Hess here to play one fo the black guys.  

I don't have much of a choice here, I only had a BPV left, no more lynchproof. If I shoot the Ape, town wins (you lynch me).

Only?? Hehe

You shouldn't have had lynchproof at all dude.....vest is fine, though.

I disagree, town had pretty good roles, and a mason pair. SK should be counted as a 3rd team for balance purposes and 4 maffia / 10 townies don't sound bad at all.

You're forgetting they gave JiF a power role - that's like adding 3 to the scum team. ;-)

Archived