Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting conclusion to the game.

I can't say I agree - the maffia shouldn't be able to win while there is a threat out there to be eliminated. They usually have to outnumber the town too.

They have neither:

1) They only got 1 out of 3 votes

2) They have a NK threat out there

If you count me with the maffia for the win condition, then you should count me a winner too.

I'm not gonna bitch about it, I've made the last three and it's fine.

Scum win condition is almost always equal or greater than the amount of town. The game should not have ended until we had a lynch out of the final 3 players, wherein I would have absolutely put on the full court press to get Verb to vote you with me.

It's mafia, I lie as much as I need to in order to win.

That said, it didn't have the chance to play out, so.... 

It's too late to go back and finish it now, mods have called the game. But I think Salami should be a co-winner.

I agree with Ishy here, you and I are co-winners in this one. You played an excellent game.

Only?? Hehe

You shouldn't have had lynchproof at all dude.....vest is fine, though.

Agree with this. He was too supped-up. Scum should have had more useful Jack of all trades abilities, like roleblock and vest --- framing and vote counts suck IMO, and bus drive is hard to use successfully too. Role cop has value. With a game mostly filled with killing roles, it would have been more balanced to give scum a couple opportunities to block some kills.

Well done Ape. This rates right up with Dan x's crazy cop mafia win after JiF and I died Day1 and Day2.  Awesome job.  Yet game seems a little Hollow to me without Hess here to play one fo the black guys.  

Thanks bro.

Ahem...

I told you I could read you - read you as a power role that is. LOL

Yea I'm sure a doc wouldn't have helped in the endgame. Practically no usage at all.

If the Doc was still hidden and alive, it could have blocked one of our kills. Yeah, plenty of scenarios where doc being alive would have helped them. Block one kill and town retains numbers advantage.

I told you I could read you - read you as a power role that is. LOL

If the Doc was still hidden and alive, it could have blocked one of our kills. Yeah, plenty of scenarios where doc being alive would have helped them. Block one kill and town retains numbers advantage.

LOL, that you did!

When you made that "I read AVM so well" post I actually said damn dirty ape out loud.  I was so in shock/impressed I couldn't be mad -- though I pegged you as SK and salami as scum.  

In retrospect I suppose I shouldn't have "slow played" the pressure, but I honestly thought I was in great shape.  So suspicious I wouldn't get NK'd, and there was just NO WAY anyone would speed lynch me :D  ugh...oh well.  That's what happens when you can't be as active.

LOL @ Ape completely missing Salami's sarcasm.

No, I don't think he has missed my sarcasm, or did he?

BTW, I was considering situations like there might be a roleblock out there (from the inventor), or a possible common 1xBPV for the FBI (overpowered on a mason though). 

Actually, I thought that's why Ape would want me to shoot Ishy - cause they'd win the WiFoM vs you, but wouldn't trust me to succeed.

But I was hoping there were no surprises out there, that was the likely scenario - would have used already, or even died with it (regarding the inventor thing).

Scum win condition is almost always equal or greater than the amount of town. The game should not have ended until we had a lynch out of the final 3 players, wherein I would have absolutely put on the full court press to get Verb to vote you with me.

Well, I'd have voted Verb as soon as possible. If you guys vote me in asap, sh*t happens.

If you vote me, I keep my vote on Verb and call you out on it, if you don't move your vote and Verb votes with you, there's nothing I could have done anyway.

If Verb votes you, however, you've got some window of oppurtunity to vote him (and die the night to my BPV advantage), or you get lynched. I wouldn't keep the deal after you broke it.

It's mafia, I lie as much as I need to in order to win.

That said, it didn't have the chance to play out, so....

Me too, but at this point complete honesty seemed just as good as lying, so I just told the truth. 

I agree with Ishy here, you and I are co-winners in this one. You played an excellent game.

As for my BPV + LPV, it sounds very good on paper and I was happy with it, but I couldn't find any way to use it in any kind of false-claim, so as soon as I'm shot or lynched, I'm effectively outed. A stray bullet can find me easy enough.

I still didn't give myself much chance at winning, or getting into the top 3.

Mafia team was pretty weak on abilities, we had a GF, a symp and my Jack of all Trades (bus drive, role cop, frame and vote control) only. I wasn't lynchproof, or bulletproof.

The SK was loaded. 

McClane role was weak as crap. IMO McClane and Karl should have been the most lethal and most difficult to kill. 

The modesses did a good job overall, just some balance things I'd have done differently.

Allowing character reveals was the thing that nearly broke the game, especially with scum not getting any safe claims.

Plus, you were stuck with 80 and Pac on your team.

In the night a gunshot was heard.  Walt was just the power guy, no one special, but he must've been mistaken for someone in the night.

walt_002_1195173011-2202639_640w.jpg

Dap - Walt - Vanilla Town was shot!  It is still Night.

Missed this.  TOLD YOU GUYS MY CLAIM WAS VALID.  lol.

LOL, that you did!

When you made that "I read AVM so well" post I actually said damn dirty ape out loud.  I was so in shock/impressed I couldn't be mad -- though I pegged you as SK and salami as scum.  

In retrospect I suppose I shouldn't have "slow played" the pressure, but I honestly thought I was in great shape.  So suspicious I wouldn't get NK'd, and there was just NO WAY anyone would speed lynch me :biggrin:  ugh...oh well.  That's what happens when you can't be as active.

When I had to decide my N2-kill, I considered you and JC mainly, but I went with JC.

Ahem...

I wasn't going to say anything during the game, didn't want to be a whiney bitch, but if you look at the timestamps of the last three votes, I was mega-ninja'd. I honestly thought I was the third vote, not the hammer, but the third-hammer vote all came within two minutes. I would definitely have given you the opportunity to claim first big guy.

I wasn't going to say anything during the game, didn't want to be a whiney bitch, but if you look at the timestamps of the last three votes, I was mega-ninja'd. I honestly thought I was the third vote, not the hammer, but the third-hammer vote all came within two minutes. I would definitely have given you the opportunity to claim first big guy.

Thank you. One Verbal is enough.

From the QT:

Wombat - disgustingly SMC'ing it:

Also, Ape being allowed to use his night action during the day is meh. Leelou, SMC and I had vote control as mafia in JiF's Young Guns game with an SK and Vig and we didn't whine.

Town is going to lose I think. Makes no sense for Ape or Csarmi to shoot each other.

What point is there to giving scum a vote control ability, unless it's a day action? I wasn't whining, I was advocating for what I feel is sensible.

I don't care if you didn't have the sense to ask for the action to be administered properly in your other game. That's on you. 

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA... you goofball:

Yeah.

I'm gonna ride the Ape for a while and see where he takes us. If he's SK, he can sniff out scum along with us, and then we take him down.

Towards the end of the game, you can always look back and tell if Ape was playing as a townie or not. He won't survive to endgame regardless of his alignment.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA... you goofball:

I sniffed you out, but thought you were SK.  I also didn't think the SK had a lynchproof.  Look at it from my POV at that time - looked like town could pull through.

I sniffed you out, but thought you were SK.  I also didn't think the SK had a lynchproof.  Look at it from my POV at that time - looked like town could pull through.

Yeah, around the same time I was thanking my team for an impossible task. I get it.

Just found it ironic, given how many things you DID predict... that this was where you were most wrong. :)

When I had to decide my N2-kill, I considered you and JC mainly, but I went with JC.

Would have gotten me.  I was protecting DPR...felt there had to be something more to him than just a straight up Vig.

Haha, yeah it happened real quick.  Like I said, I was too shocked and impressed by Ape's ability to pull that off to be mad.  If I can't find humor in my speed lynch when over half the train didn't seem 100% on board AND all but 1 were town, then I never will.  I hate we lost, because I felt like we had it in the bag at that point, but it made for an insanely dramatic ending and was fun to watch.  

Don't feel bad, it happens.  I'm not sweatin' it haha

Would have gotten me.  I was protecting DPR...felt there had to be something more to him than just a straight up Vig.

Haha, yeah it happened real quick.  Like I said, I was too shocked and impressed by Ape's ability to pull that off to be mad.  If I can't find humor in my speed lynch when over half the train didn't seem 100% on board AND all but 1 were town, then I never will.  I hate we lost, because I felt like we had it in the bag at that point, but it made for an insanely dramatic ending and was fun to watch.  

Don't feel bad, it happens.  I'm not sweatin' it haha

I love how you were waiting for the impending meltdown from me on that.

I don't know how I got that shtick, but I'm running with it.  I'll out-SMC the sh*t out of this place!

I love how you were waiting for the impending meltdown from me on that.

I don't know how I got that shtick, but I'm running with it.  I'll out-SMC the sh*t out of this place!

LOL!  I really did expect it.  Not so much for the Ape bit (hell even the Ape didn't realize what he'd done) but everything combined.  Teamed with Darthe all game, town had game in the bag and let it slip away, PLUS the lynch avoidance.  I mean damn...lol

Archived