Report: Jets considering re-signing WR Braylon Edwards

Jetfan13

The New York Jets are still considering re-signing free agent wide receiver Braylon Edwards according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

The 30-year-old Edwards was waived by the Seattle Seahawks in a surprise move last December and appeared in three games after being claimed by the Jets.  He will likely only be an option if the Jets don't sign either Austin Collie or Laurent Robinson, who both worked out for the team today.  Edwards would seem to be the kind of big physical receiver this offense desperately needs but concerns about his knees and his attitude have limited interest in him throughout the NFL

As of yesterday that Jets had no interest, today, he's on their radar.  This is sooooo suspenseful. 

This "article" is referencing Manish, who simply made a random tweet about despite them working out Collie and Robinson, the Jets might still be interested in Edwards.  It's pretty much a whole lot of nothing.  At this point Edwards clearly seems to be the Jets' last resort and that's why they're looking around at everyone else.  They already know who and what he is, so there's not much need to meet with him, but Idzik's past experience with him is obviously not so great and he's probably still hoping some other team will sign him to get the Jets another comp pick.  They'll keep looking to see if they can find anyone better and I think only if they can't and Holmes doesn't look like he'll be ready for the season will they look at bringing him in.

This "article" is referencing Manish, who simply made a random tweet about despite them working out Collie and Robinson, the Jets might still be interested in Edwards.  It's pretty much a whole lot of nothing.  At this point Edwards clearly seems to be the Jets' last resort and that's why they're looking around at everyone else.  They already know who and what he is, so there's not much need to meet with him, but Idzik's past experience with him is obviously not so great and he's probably still hoping some other team will sign him to get the Jets another comp pick.  They'll keep looking to see if they can find anyone better and I think only if they can't and Holmes doesn't look like he'll be ready for the season will they look at bringing him in.

The whole Braylon thing is an utter mystery to me.  Outside of the whole DUI thingy, he seemed to be turning his career around to an extent.  He loved being a Jet, seemed like a great teammate and was giving it his all.  Then the Jets dont resign him, he barely finds a club and now nobody wants to touch him.  He's either got some deep seeded issues or that knee is completely shot.  Otherwise, he'd seem like a nice option to have even if he's a #3/4 option.

Still surprised despite his attitude that Brandon Lloyd hasnt received a call from seemingly any team.  

Pretty sure Santonio won't be back.  That injury for a guy like him is the kiss of death.  Good chance he will never be able to run and cut like he could.  Sadly I think he is toast.

Every day some idiot at the press conference asks "Would you ever consider bringing in Braylon Edwards?"  and every day they answer "We will consider anybody that will help the team"   Somehow this morphs into "Jets considering Braylon Edwards"  We have been reading this bullsh*t since the guy hit the street the first time.

Every day some idiot at the press conference asks "Would you ever consider bringing in Braylon Edwards?"  and every day they answer "We will consider anybody that will help the team"   Somehow this morphs into "Jets considering Braylon Edwards"  We have been reading this bullsh*t since the guy hit the street the first time.

Yeah, I read this in another article and the "we'd consider it" answer meant if they couldn't find 4 guys to trot out there week 1 and were so desperate that they had no other choice, then maybe - MAYBE - they'd bring Edwards in.  The "we'd consider it" reply, to me, was a "yeah, whatever" answer in the same way they're "considering" other guys they have no interest in.

Translation: they are not considering Edwards unless there is literally no other option available without overpaying for a 1 year placeholder.  

The jets are winning nothing this year with or without Braylon, loyd or whomever else.

Are you sure?

Because our defense is back to being run by Rex like it was when it was really clicking in 2009 and 2010.  And Mornhinweg is the most accomplished Offensive Coordinator Rex has had by far.  Our backfield also has backs who not only can catch, but are reputed to be quick enough to take a quick pitch and beat the defender to the outside.

Yes, we have some holes in the personnel, (which might be filled at the start of the season),  but I sure wouldn't rule out playoffs at the start of training camp.

The Jets might hold off on bringing in another receiver for a few weeks.  One reason being they may feel another team may cut someone of value, and another is they probably want to see what they already have on the roster.

Archived