Revis: "It’s more of a family here. Everybody is real tight here. We all get along."

Matt39

He didn't like a lot of things about the Jets.  And really, if it weren't for Rex,  Revis probably would have talked crap about the team for years.  And in all honesty, after the past few years, why would anybody?   It has been a bad circus environment with players talking crap about other players.  And Rex making a fool of himself over and over.   

And really, it is like a guy dating a new girl who is more attractive, seems to treat you well at first,  and you feel slighted or disrespected by your ex,  most people do try and show off.  I mean this is the social media society where everybody and their brothers and sisters tries to show off with their flashy new toys or girls/guys.    It's a new relationship for him and he thinks it's great.  Not sure why anybody would be pissed about what he said.  Not like the Jets have been a shining example of how to run an organization over the past few years.

He didn't like a lot of things about the Jets.  And really, if it weren't for Rex,  Revis probably would have talked crap about the team for years.  And in all honesty, after the past few years, why would anybody?   It has been a bad circus environment with players talking crap about other players.  And Rex making a fool of himself over and over.   

And really, it is like a guy dating a new girl who is more attractive, seems to treat you well at first,  and you feel slighted or disrespected by your ex,  most people do try and show off.  I mean this is the social media society where everybody and their brothers and sisters tries to show off with their flashy new toys or girls/guys.    It's a new relationship for him and he thinks it's great.  Not sure why anybody would be pissed about what he said.  Not like the Jets have been a shining example of how to run an organization over the past few years.

And Tampa is? lulza

I know what it is.. I could tell even in his interview when he first was traded.. he is sad.. he misses the Jet's .. why else would he keep taking soft nerf gun shot's at us ? ..

He got what he wanted, now move on .. but no. He is butt hurt because he  thought he had us trapped and he was the best thing ever, and we would never give him up.

But we did and he was so confident he would stay a Jet it surprised the hell out of him and he was just like... " Wow... they did it... I didn't really wanna leave......"

Just my input.

Answer: Jericho Cotchery, Leon Washington, Laveraneus Coles, Shaun Ellis, Kevin Mawae, Braylon Edwards, Ladainian Tomlinson, Brett Favre, Thomas Jones, Alan Faneca, and Darelle Revis

Question: Name players beloved by Jetnation until they became horrible/incompetent/assholes the minute they were no longer Jets.

Answer: Jericho Cotchery, Leon Washington, Laveraneus Coles, Shaun Ellis, Kevin Mawae, Braylon Edwards, Ladainian Tomlinson, Brett Favre, Thomas Jones, Alan Faneca, and Darelle Revis

Question: Name players beloved by Jetnation until they became horrible/incompetent/assholes the minute they were no longer Jets.

Blackout still LOVES Cotchery and thinks he will be the savior of the team. 

Revis always was and we all knew it. Difference is, he use to be our scumbag. Now he's theres. So no reason for us to love him.

Revis always was and we all knew it. Difference is, he use to be our scumbag. Now he's theres. So no reason for us to love him.

Exactly.. screw Revis.. hope he costs the game for the Buc's and grab's his knee like he grabbed his Hamstring when Moss "Mossed" his ass.

Serve's him right for missing traning camp.. damn fool. No one said it served him right because he was on our team.. but he intercepted 0 balls that season for a damn reason.

Not sure where you're getting Cotch or Braylon from, as I can't think of either ever being particular hated around here, but the rest of these guys were either:  already seen as douchebags while with the Jets (Coles, Mawae, Faneca, Revis), had people turn on them based on how they left the team (Washington, Ellis), or had plenty of people that never even liked them to begin with (LT, Favre, Jones).

The real difference is that once they're off the team, there aren't quite the same volume of people around here rushing to the defense of every single thing these guys say and do.

No. You're confusing us with Pats fans. 

Cotchery is and has always been a damn good receiver and it was mistake to let him go. Leon Washington is a great kick returner but he's hardly been missed as McKnight's actually been a little better. I don't think anyone ever called Coles horrible, incompetent or and a$$hole... most around here blasted the organization for letting him go. Shaun Ellis was kicked around by Jets fans for taking less from our arch rivals than what the Jets were offering - that gripe was perfectly legit. Kevin Mawae was a great player but he was feeding anonymous quotes to the media and we replaced him with Nick Mangold so that was a win-win. Tomlinson classlessly ripped the team on his way out the door, eff him. Brett Favre is the reason we got rid of Chad Pennington - for that reason alone he will always hold a special place in my heart. Thomas Jones sucked ass, I hated him when he played for us. Alan Faneca was finished when he left. 

Darrelle Revis is a great player, maybe the best cover corner in the history of the game - but his constant need to be the highest paid player at his position was hurting the team and their future prospects by causing them to put way too much money into one position. Now he feels the need to take shots at the team when he leaves. Sorry, but he's the one being the a$$hole. We're just reacting to it. 

Exactly.. screw Revis.. hope he costs the game for the Buc's and grab's his knee like he grabbed his Hamstring when Moss "Mossed" his ass.

Serve's him right for missing traning camp.. damn fool. No one said it served him right because he was on our team.. but he intercepted 0 balls that season for a damn reason.

When Randy torched him, that was really cringe worthy. 

Helllooooo Week 1.

Today's comments from our former CB

This is the politically correct way of expressing what we already know... the Jets lockerroom has been a mess since they jettisoned Cotchery, Richardson, Jenkins and most of those other veterans that Rex inherited. 

It only takes a couple of Plaxicos and Holmes to fracture that "brotherhood" dynamic. Ironically, there's a quote from Rex in another thread about how Ray Lewis motivated him as a coach, and it has Rex saying that he's all about that "brotherhood" feel, even though he was oblivious to it deteriorating not once, but twice in the past 2 years... and in a lot of ways, because of his hand-picked turds.

not true. never heard a bad thing bout cotchery and it seems we all love edwards around here for the most part.  ellis and leon were fan favoirtes but because of other factors (leons wife and ellis going to the pats) we turned our backs on them

Oh, and I get all the "screw Revis" sentiment, I really do... but face it, he's diagnosing a huge problem that nobody has done anything about in 2 years. He's doing the Jets a favor by saying something... now hopefully they course correct.

He has 16 million reasons to like his  new family - otherwise he could care less

Actually not yet he doesnt. If he blows up his knee in TC again he gets nothing, or some small injury settlement. I don't like him but the contract he signed is ballsy arrogant.

This is the politically correct way of expressing what we already know... the Jets lockerroom has been a mess since they jettisoned Cotchery, Richardson, Jenkins and most of those other veterans that Rex inherited. 

It only takes a couple of Plaxicos and Holmes to fracture that "brotherhood" dynamic. Ironically, there's a quote from Rex in another thread about how Ray Lewis motivated him as a coach, and it has Rex saying that he's all about that "brotherhood" feel, even though he was oblivious to it deteriorating not once, but twice in the past 2 years... and in a lot of ways, because of his hand-picked turds.

#maybereviswastheproblem

Archived