Jets Camp Notes – 07/25

JetNation

Here are some notes from New York Jets training camp.  The first practice is on Friday at 10am.

Santonio Holmes

Rex Ryan says that Holmes will be in Cortland but he doesn’t know when he will be cleared to practice.  “You know, I’m not sure when he’s going to be cleared but I will say this – he has been at the facility just working his tail off so hopefully he’ll get cleared soon and be ready to get out there with his teammates. I know that’s what he wants, but he’ll definitely be here.”

Braylon Edwards

Rex was asked about Braylon being on a “pitch count” in camp.  We’ll make sure that we’re doing right by him as well, kind of like LaRon Landry, we had kind of a pitch count on him in practice to make sure he’s there on Sundays. I think we’ll have to look at him, maybe some other vets and players, Willie Colon and different players. I’ll lean on the medical staff who I think is as good as any in this league. But Braylon is in phenomenal shape. I think he weighed 214 pounds or 215 pounds. That’s quite a ways down from where we last saw Braylon.

Mike Goodson

Mike did not report to camp but the Jets were aware that he wouldn’t be there.

Joe McKnight

Joe failed his conditioning test and was placed on the active non-football injury list.

Anyone know

But Braylon is in phenomenal shape. I think he weighed 214 pounds or 215 pounds. That’s quite a ways down from where we last saw Braylon. 

Anyone know where we "last saw Braylon"?

At 6'3, tipping 220 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Especially if we're bringing him in to run possession-style slants and in-routes. 

Yeah.. after all that big talk about being the starter and proving what he has he vomit's all over his resume and reputation, and will probably be cut.  

It's a shame... I thought he had a fighting chance in the WCO, thought we could of really made him a threat. Maybe even a CJ Spiller type back, a chance of pace type back.

Archived