Milliner Signs

TnT

Jets, Milliner agree to terms

Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT

Dee Millner

Like Darrelle Revis held out of his rookie training camp.  The Jets hope the similarities will continue.

According to the team’s official website, the Jets have agreed to terms with the ninth overall pick in the 2013 draft.

The delay resulted directly from the offset issue.   The player wanted to secure the ability to double dip if he’s cut.  The team wanted credit for any money the player earns elsewhere, if he’s terminated at any point during his four-year guaranteed deal.

It’s unknown for now whether the Jets or Milliner blinked.  For now, our guess would be that the deal includes offset language.

Regardless, there’s now only one team who hasn’t signed:  Titans guardChance Warmack

, the 10th overall pick in the draft.

Gut feeling is that Milliner's camp "cave," i just don't see Idzik blinking at all, especially when he holds all the leverage. Jury is still out on his moves, but I certainly like the way he operates.

Ditto. Quiet, professional, no drama, no leaks, no stupidity.

I wanted to see the details of the contract.  Rotoworld only mentions that it is a four year contract; which made me curious.  I looked up the duration of first-round rookie contracts and (with the exception of the "undisclosed contracts") they are ALL four year contracts.  Except one. 

#5 overall pick, Ziggy Ansah.  He of Ghana, who just started playing organized football last Wednesday...got duped into signing the only "disclosed" contract of five years. 

I thought that was interesting.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000168476/article/2013-nfl-draft-firstround-picks-signing-status

When you want Idzik he doesn't seem 100% polished.  We expect everyone in these positions to be 100% polished.

But you know what?  Some times people who are 100% polished are full of it.

Idzik does seem calm and in control.  Hopefully he continues to set a professional tone for this organization.

When you want Idzik he doesn't seem 100% polished.  We expect everyone in these positions to be 100% polished.

But you know what?  Some times people who are 100% polished are full of it.

Idzik does seem calm and in control.  Hopefully he continues to set a professional tone for this organization.

First time I can say I've seen Max babble, but agreed that Idzik seems to be all three of those things. I would actually say that Tannenbaum was more raw as a GM hire, we the fans just have known he exists longer than Idzik has had to be acknowledged.  His game is pretty polished and this is showtime. I really like where this organization is going. 

No problem with this, Idzik wants some input, and having Rex on a short lesh is a good thing. It's putting this Franchise back on a more professional footing. We are all sick of the Circus act and this is another step in the right direction.

I wanted to see the details of the contract.  Rotoworld only mentions that it is a four year contract; which made me curious.  I looked up the duration of first-round rookie contracts and (with the exception of the "undisclosed contracts") they are ALL four year contracts.  Except one. 

#5 overall pick, Ziggy Ansah.  He of Ghana, who just started playing organized football last Wednesday...got duped into signing the only "disclosed" contract of five years. 

I thought that was interesting.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000168476/article/2013-nfl-draft-firstround-picks-signing-status

It must be a player option then, which is still really a 4 year contract.  An NFL team can't lock a draftee into a 5 year contract anymore. 

Archived