7-31 Camp Tweets

flgreen

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  .

Stephen Hill said he feels like he can be "that guy," even if Holmes on the field. "That's just my competitive nature." #jets

2m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

Nice sentiment.  I just hope he realize "that guy" catches the ball most of the time.

Pure speculation on my part but I think they are anticipating Sanchez being the starter on opening day at least.  This just might be a way to get Smith on the field to adjust to the NFL until he is ready.

Just a guess

I agree. I just don't think it's a great idea. Bring him in when the game is out of reach one way or the other, but don't try to turn a pocket passer into a runner.

Manish Mehta  @MMehtaNYDN  .

Sanchez said he's noticed members of front office taking notes in practice: "Everything's under scrutiny.There's ton of pressure. It's fun."

7m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

I agree. I just don't think it's a great idea. Bring him in when the game is out of reach one way or the other, but don't try to turn a pocket passer into a runner.

Yeah

Only problem is when games are way out of reach teams have a habit of either sagging, or getting angry, and taking shots at the QB.

I'm wondering if they are contemplating going full time read option with Smith when his time comes.  I hope not.  1) he's not very elusive, 2)  He'll get killed the guy has no muscle at all 

Jane McManus @janesports  .

Braylon said its easy to think Sanchez would be the QB due to experience, but look at what happened in Seattle last season. #Jets

10m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

As I said, Braylon hearts Geno.

Archived