Dumbest plan ever by Jets management

Cmartin

LIke hell it did. :akf:

It started with the upper end zone crazies in Shea back when Ed was a friggin' Dolphins bandwagon jumper.

Think it was the guys in the upper end zone called Klecko's Crew. the guy who led the chant had a Klecko jersey. Ed may have been there back then but those guys were first. They started doing in the late 1970s.

Guys, I'd like to have a lengthy, free-ranging discussion regarding who counts as a real

Jets fan and who doesn't.

Purchased PSL, but not one of those ridiculously priced ones?  Real fan.

Purchased $25,000 psl? Not real fan.  Wine and cheese crowd.

Purchased upper deck seats? not real fan. just cheap f#ck who is there to get drunk, start fights and chant show us your t!ts.

when ed missed a season a few years ago it was a total disaster for the Jets chant.

Just hire someone, put them on a platform in an endzone, and have them lead the chant.  Wave a big f#cking flag to get the fans pumped.  Shoot some lazers...  maybe have a goal song like hockey...Maybe have the FLight Crew strip off 1 piece of their outfit for each scoring drive...  just something better than .....EEEEEEE..................JETS! JETS!! JETS!!!

I am ok with this. last year post ed,  the boards showed random people doing the chant which was silly. And all over the stadium people in scattered sections were trying to start one. Thousands of drunks were trying to get on camera in a sorry attempt to be the next ed. I say theres nothing wrong with what they are trying.

2 problems with this getting implemented,

1) How will the people in the J section know when to start the chant all at the same moment? We saw this problem in the game after Ed left, with no single person to organize the start it just doesn't happen on a stadium wide basis.

2) I do not like where they are starting the chant, a side of the stadium mostly filled with club seats. This is being said as someone who has 4 club seats btw. Sorry, but the club sections don't cheer like like regular sections do, to the point that I choose to sit in my corner lower seats rather than my chase 45 yard line seats. It would have been better to have the chant start in one of the end zone sections.

Purchased PSL, but not one of those ridiculously priced ones?  Real fan.

Purchased $25,000 psl? Not real fan.  Wine and cheese crowd.

Purchased upper deck seats? not real fan. just cheap f#ck who is there to get drunk, start fights and chant show us your t!ts.

I am in the upper and I would like to dispute 1 of the 3 stereotypes you have laid out. I do not start fights. But the real reason I got them is for the last 7 years or so prior to getting my season tix I have gone to about 4-5 games per year. I would get decent end zone seats. I made the decision to get a lesser seat but go to all games. I do not regret that decision. I like the game day exp, tailgating, and such.

Consider .In the first half, we now will have 25% of the fans chanting each letter, reduce noise volume by 75%. In the second half when the $700 club owners retreat to the bars, there will be virtual silence for two of the four letters. In more than 50 years as a Jets fan, this is the dumbest move yet by the Jets PR dept. - and that is a BOLD statement!

2 problems with this getting implemented,

1) How will the people in the J section know when to start the chant all at the same moment? We saw this problem in the game after Ed left, with no single person to organize the start it just doesn't happen on a stadium wide basis.

2) I do not like where they are starting the chant, a side of the stadium mostly filled with club seats. This is being said as someone who has 4 club seats btw. Sorry, but the club sections don't cheer like like regular sections do, to the point that I choose to sit in my corner lower seats rather than my chase 45 yard line seats. It would have been better to have the chant start in one of the end zone sections.

Really really really good points.

Joe was kind enough to let me sit with him in the club seats last year.  And it is scary how quiet some of those sections are.  I was screaming (positive) for the Jets and people were looking at me like I had two heads.

i also hear they are going to charge royalties for saying it at non-sanctioned events

Only if you use all 4 letters at once.  4 people taking one letter each was GrandFathered in as an exemption.  :)

Here is Eric Allen's response.  Wow.  I actually like Eric.  But man he really needed to not write this.  Obviously the Jets have to cover the team a certain way, I have discussed this with Randy Lange in the past.  That is understandable, they are going to be pro-Jets.  But this article is unreal. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-insidewithea/J-E-T-S-Chant-Chatter/6b37bcc9-caab-452f-8efa-298133c64761

J-E-T-S Chant Chatter

Posted Aug 1, 2013

120725-on-the-inside-with-eric-allen-hea Eric Allen Sr. Reporter/Director, Internet Programming Email @eallenjets On the Inside

The mantra is yours.  It is a tune that is synonymous with this franchise and its ringing has followed some of the top moments in club history.

J-E-T-S!  Jets! Jets! Jets!

Blessed to call this my place of employment for 13 years, I literally have had goosebumps when I watched Jets Nation get up to deliver its hymn on a multitude of occasions.  It is a truly a unique tradition and one that continues to evolve over time.

Fireman Ed Anzalone stepped down from his unofficial role as J-E-T-S chant captain last season.  And now a month out from regular season play, the Green & White have announced that they will transform an old tradition — when the endzones used to compete to be the loudest chanters — to include the four sides of the stadium.  Each side will have a letter and fans will kick things off in the preseason against the Jaguars on Aug. 17 before eventually pumping the volume up to another level on Sep. 8 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come to town.

Over the last 24 hours, there has been mixed reaction to the Jets announcement.  The only constant in life and sports is change and people react differently to any alteration.

This is your chant and this is your team.  I am not going to be the one to tell you how to feel because that is ludicrous. But what I can tell you is the men leading your team are part of your extended family. 

“I got to spend a lot of time with my father going to camps and on the sidelines,” said GM John Idzik, the son of former Jets offensive coordinator John J. Idzik.  “I was in Hempstead and Shea (Stadium) as a skinny high school receiver. I treasure those times.”

John J. Idzik was a member of the Jets organization from 1976-’79.  His son celebrated every Jets score during that time and I’m sure the chant had a special meaning considering John Z. Idzik was the offensive play-caller.

“He taught me life lessons that extend well beyond football,” said Idzik at his introductory news conference.  “I think you get a sense from me that family, cohesion and teamwork are at my core. They’re at the core of the New York Jets.”

The Jets have always been a dream job for head coach Rex Ryan.  His dad, Buddy Ryan, was the Jets defensive line coach from 1968-’75 and helped the Jets scheme up their Super Bowl III win over the Colts. 

In his fifth season back home with the Jets, Rex Ryan has talked about a united front heading into the 2013 campaign.

“This is as close a group as I’ve been with and worked together when you look at everything,” he said.

All of the Jets gameday changes have not been announced.   But if Idzik and Ryan are in favor of the new Jets chant, it’s good enough for me.  When decisions are to be made, I’m a family guy.

Did I miss the part where Idzik and Rex actually said they are in favor of doing the chant this way?  More importantly if they (Rex and Idzik) take 2 seconds out of their day to even think about the Jets chant, that is too much.

I know that I am crazy but am I actually losing my mind at a faster pace than I realize?

Really disappointed in Eric that he didn't stand up to whoever made him write this article.  There is no way he wanted to do this on his own.

Also, where is the mixed reaction to the chant?  I have read reaction from hundreds of fans and almost every one of them has been negative.  So where is the mixed part?  Is there a group of fans that really supports the one letter \ micro management approach and they are in hiding somewhere?

They better get out of hiding soon, Fed Ex will be delivering the tickets soon.

This is your chant and this is your team. I am not going to be the one to tell you how to feel because that is ludicrous. But what I can tell you is the men leading your team are part of your extended family.

KNEEL DOWN FOR YOUR EXTENDED FAMILLLYYYYY. EMBRACE THEIR SCHEMES BECAUSE THEY'RE JUST LIKE YOOOOOOOUUUUU.

GFY, Eric Allen.

I am in the upper and I would like to dispute 1 of the 3 stereotypes you have laid out. I do not start fights. But the real reason I got them is for the last 7 years or so prior to getting my season tix I have gone to about 4-5 games per year. I would get decent end zone seats. I made the decision to get a lesser seat but go to all games. I do not regret that decision. I like the game day exp, tailgating, and such.

I profile people.  You hang with the riff-raff, so you are the riff-raff.   :-D

Did I miss the part where Idzik and Rex actually said they are in favor of doing the chant this way?  More importantly if they (Rex and Idzik) take 2 seconds out of their day to even think about the Jets chant, that is too much.

I know that I am crazy but am I actually losing my mind at a faster pace than I realize?

Really disappointed in Eric that he didn't stand up to whoever made him write this article.  There is no way he wanted to do this on his own.

07-minister.jpg

JetNation.com twitter- 9,600 followers

Eric Allen twitter-2,910 followers.

Maybe Mr. Allen should let Max speak for the fans.

They better get out of hiding soon, Fed Ex will be delivering the tickets soon.

How long before they decide it might be a nice idea to get sponsorship for extra certain letters, and try to get the crowd to shout them? F-E-D-X, for example. This is The Woody Brain Trust, after all.

JetNation.com twitter- 9,600 followers

Eric Allen twitter-2,910 followers.

Maybe Mr. Allen should let Max speak for the fans.

If I had the backing of the Jets we would be at 11,000 followers easy.  :)

Archived