Stay Quiet Jets fans

JoeC36

Here is what I am proposing. . . .  Give the jets the worst home field advantage in the NFL. 

Since moving into Metlife Stadium in 2010, the stadium experience has not been the same. It is more of a corporate outing than it is a football game each week. 

Now with the invention of this new J!E!T!S! chant, that the FANS OWN, not the organization it is apparent now more then ever that they don't care about the fans. 

So Stay quiet jets fans, don't do the jets chant. dont yell "First Down" when Joe Nolan says to. 

I want to be able to hear rex screaming at players, the referees talking with one another. I want it to be like it was a ballet at Lincoln Center.

Stay quiet my friends.  

#Occupymetlife

Here is what I am proposing. . . .  Give the jets the worst home field advantage in the NFL. 

Since moving into Metlife Stadium in 2010, the stadium experience has not been the same. It is more of a corporate outing than it is a football game each week. 

Now with the invention of this new J!E!T!S! chant, that the FANS OWN, not the organization it is apparent now more then ever that they don't care about the fans. 

So Stay quiet jets fans, don't do the jets chant. dont yell "First Down" when Joe Nolan says to. 

I want to be able to hear rex screaming at players, the referees talking with one another. I want it to be like it was a ballet at Lincoln Center.

Stay quiet my friends.  

#Occupymetlife

GAY

This is the dumbest idea ever, sorry.

I mean your idea, not theirs...they're trying something to keep the chant going at least.  They've tried to focus on other people in the crowd and that never works.  It's something different.  Probably won't work because Jets' fans are stupid and will probably screw up the letter they're supposed to say, but at least they're trying something until someone else takes it upon themselves to take over for Fireman Ed.

I mean your idea, not theirs...they're trying something to keep the chant going at least.  They've tried to focus on other people in the crowd and that never works.  It's something different.  Probably won't work because Jets' fans are stupid and will probably screw up the letter they're supposed to say, but at least they're trying something until someone else takes it upon themselves to take over for Fireman Ed.

I agree.  I don't think it's the worst idea.  In fact, a lot of people thought Ed leading the chant made it more about him than anything else. This way, they're focusing on all of the fans rather than one guy.

I agree.  I don't think it's the worst idea.  In fact, a lot of people thought Ed leading the chant made it more about him than anything else. This way, they're focusing on all of the fans rather than one guy.

This.  I always despised Fireman Ed and am glad he's gone.

The Jets already have one of the worst homefield advantages in ALL of professional sports, because they still don't have their OWN house.  To top it off, lots of fans hang out on the ramps and outer walkways rather than going in and actually cheering.  In addition, many leave early to avoid traffic.

Granted it was a Monday night and a miraculous comeback, but I was there for the Monday Night Miracle, and the stadium (even though it was the old one) was practically empty.

I can't totally blame other fans, either.  For so many years the Jets were given such a lousy product on the field and the ownership continued making stupid hire after stupid hire and had a negative effect on the morale of the fan base.  It's gonna take some time and continued success to earn back our trust and faith in them.  Even the excitement from 2009-2010 has faded due to Rex creating a circus around the team, his sticking with Sanchez, his D failing to get off the field on 3rd downs, etc.  Rex alone can't be blamed for all of that as Tanny and Woody share in the blame as does the media for helping to create the circus, but since Rex is the face of the franchise and has made many of the decisions and statements that helped create the circus-like atmosphere, he has to take a hit for it.

There will be no roar ever heard like the BOO produced If Mark Sanchez trots out to take the snaps at starting QB. 

I can understand why fans would want to do that, but that's getting too much like Philly.  Because Geno may not be ready and the Jets face such a tough early schedule, starting Sanchez (as bad as he may be) may be what's best for both the team and Geno in the long run.  Why not wait and give Mornhinweg and Sanchez the benefit of the doubt?  Wait until he makes some dumb plays before booing.  Maybe even cheering the team and him as they take the field will actually show some support and the positiveness from the fans will carry over onto the field and help the team.

The fans respond to Ed. Remember they tried without him and it was comical.

Exactly, it was embarrassing that next Cards game with the in stadium cameras all over the stadium trying to find someone to lead the chants. The crowd couldn't organize to get one decent chant off. 

Why did Fireman Ed leave. I wonder if he was trying to finagle a sky box from the Jets for his services? He received some perks, no doubt about that!

Because other fans were complete @ssholes to him. I shared the same aisle with him, I always say some dips**t say something stupid to him last season. The whole Tebow thing really made it ugly in the stands last year with fans fighting each other. The worst I have ever seen it at the game.

Stay quiet my friends.  

#Occupymetlife

This horrible post puts you in the same lower echelon as JiF and T0m.

Why did Fireman Ed leave. I wonder if he was trying to finagle a sky box from the Jets for his services? He received some perks, no doubt about that!

Because Jets fans were trying to beat him up for wearing a Sanchez jersey.  Now we have a mod on a Jets board suggesting that the fans not root for the team.    Very strange fan base   :)

Because Jets fans were trying to beat him up for wearing a Sanchez jersey. Now we have a mod on a Jets board suggesting that the fans not root for the team. Very strange fan base :)

Seriously. As much as I hate the Jets at times, I've never rooted for them to lose, or suggested that fans should boycott the team, and I've especially never advocated violence toward any fan other than JiF, even if they are a sellout shill working for Uncle Woody.

Because Jets fans were trying to beat him up for wearing a Sanchez jersey.  Now we have a mod on a Jets board suggesting that the fans not root for the team.    Very strange fan base   :)

Self-loathing.

Hot chick.

Large Flag.

Platform.

Stripper pole

Archived