Johnny Damon on the Boston Redosx

Smizzy

But both men no doubt had the Yankees in mind when they shook hands on this contract in 2001. "If it works out for the Rangers, great! If not, we'll ship him off to NYY and they'll pick up the tab"

If you actually believe 1% of this nonsense you're an imbecile. Talk about pulling from your a**.

on the surface...it looks like Tom Hicks designed it once $cott Bora$ convinced him to bid against himself. But both men no doubt had the Yankees in mind when they shook hands on this contract in 2001. "If it works out for the Rangers, great! If not, we'll ship him off to NYY and they'll pick up the tab"

Either way...by saying they didnt "design" (is that the right word to use, or is it your interior decorating experience talking?) A-rod's contract, is that your way of saying that fat george is practicing some type of sound financial investing?

By the way...$cott Bora$ is a genius! I stand by this comment that I first made last week. Not only did he convince the Yanks that it was a good idea to overpay for more offense but he screwed Texas again by convincing them to give 5 years and $60 million to Chan Ho Millwood!?!??!!?

How does he do it?

That's convoluted logic... I mean, I know you like to think everything revolves around the Yankees (as your posting seems to do), but I don't think the contract between Boras and the TEXAS RANGERS had anything to do with the Yankees.

That's convoluted logic... I mean, I know you like to think everything revolves around the Yankees (as your posting seems to do), but I don't think the contract between Boras and the TEXAS RANGERS had anything to do with the Yankees.

Don't tell him that. If JBF finds out about your post, you will have utterly destroyed his illogical nonsense.

WHich is normally not a difficult thing to do, as any post of his can easily get taken to the woodshed. The only posts he ever makes that make sense are...............umm.............well, I never actually saw one yet. :mrgreen:

The funny thing is...events unfolded just as my post would have logically dictated, didnt they?

A-rod signed with Texas in the offseason of 2001, proceeded to single-handedly cripple the franchise, and 3 offseasons later, wound up as a Yankee, one of only 2 teams that could have afforded him. The Mets being the other. As we know, Boston did not trade for A-Rod due to the financial peril it would have caused them, thus, they couldnt have AFFORDED him.

So, the Rangers offered Alexander the Great a 10-year, $252 million contract and willfully gave up on him after a mere 3-year span...and none of you think that Hicks had the Yankees in mind as an option in case the biggest deal in baseball history didnt work out???

So not only did real life events actually prove my retroactive theory to be true...not a single one of you has even offered a theory to counteract mine. Example; "Hicks and Bora$ couldnt have had the Yanks in mind because..." All I am seeing is personal insults. I guess that is to be expected from the likes of you overmatched buffoons.

The funny thing is...events unfolded just as my post would have logically dictated, didnt they?

A-rod signed with Texas in the offseason of 2001, proceeded to single-handedly cripple the franchise, and 3 offseasons later, wound up as a Yankee, one of only 2 teams that could have afforded him. The Mets being the other. As we know, Boston did not trade for A-Rod due to the financial peril it would have caused them, thus, they couldnt have AFFORDED him.

So, the Rangers offered Alexander the Great a 10-year, $252 million contract and willfully gave up on him after a mere 3-year span...and none of you think that Hicks had the Yankees in mind as an option in case the biggest deal in baseball history didnt work out???

So not only did real life events actually prove my retroactive theory to be true...not a single one of you has even offered a theory to counteract mine. Example; "Hicks and Bora$ couldnt have had the Yanks in mind because..." All I am seeing is personal insults. I guess that is to be expected from the likes of you overmatched buffoons.

Retroactive theory = hindsight 20/20.

Well of course it is going to work on the way you say. It is called "Spin Doctoring"

Give me a fact. Nothing serious mind you. A simple article will do from 2001 that shows without a doubt that Boros that was Boros master plan for A-Rod.

It shouldn't be that hard now should it.

Well yeah it might because like 99.9% percent of your posts your full of Sh!t again.

So when you give us a fact that proves that that was Boros main intention then come back and let us all know.

As a matter a fact I'll even let you get your little buddies Thor and 80 to help you on this project.

Just let us know when you find that article.

Now, to show what a fool you really are..

Check out the local Arlington papers from around the time A-rod signed. Check out the Business section. (It's OK if you can't read, there are 4 year olds around who will explain everything to you, in terms that are simple enough for you.)

Hicks had grand plans to built a hugh shopping/hotel/business park complex around the Stadium. His theory was that if he signs a big name player to act as the centerpiece of the Baseball team, it would be easier to attract investors to his plan. A-Rod was the biggest name around, so he went after him, biddig against himself.

To make a long story short, the idea never got off the ground. And since the A-Rod contract was killing the Rangers, from a financial standpoint, the Rangers needed to cut bait.

So, they first approached the Bosox, but the Bosox were not shrewd enough to work out a deal. Then Hicks and the Yankees got together, and the Yankees were shrewd enough to get A-Rod for 7 years, with Texas kicking in enough that the Yankees are actually paying only $98 million, or $14 million a year, for the best player in the game. True, he is costing the Yankees his full contract value on the cap, but in real dollars, the Yankees received enough money from Texas that the out of pocket salary cost for A-Rod in $14 million per.

Them's the facts. I hope I didn't use any words that are to big for you to understand, Spin Doctor.

Yet they were shrewd enough to win a World Series without his overpaid a$$.

Fair retort.

But that is not close to the point of this discussion. The Bosox wanted A-Rod, but were unable/unwilling/incapable/whatever of completing the deal. The Yankees were able to get it done. And at a cost of $14 million per season, or just $3 million more the JD Drew, they have the best player in the game.

Fair retort.

But that is not close to the point of this discussion. The Bosox wanted A-Rod, but were unable/unwilling/incapable/whatever of completing the deal. The Yankees were able to get it done. And at a cost of $14 million per season, or just $3 million more the JD Drew, they have the best player in the game.

I didn't realize that Texas is still paying 9 million a year for him, if this is true.

Right in your post is the big problem that the rest of the baseball world has with the Yankees. There is no other team that is capable of hanging with them, payroll wise. That includes the Mets and the Red Sox.

I didn't realize that Texas is still paying 9 million a year for him, if this is true.

Right in your post is the big problem that the rest of the baseball world has with the Yankees. There is no other team that is capable of hanging with them, payroll wise. That includes the Mets and the Red Sox.

Wealth-wise, there are quite a few owners who can easily compete with the Yankees, but no one is willing to. Right or wrong, these are the facts. But thi sis old news.

I appluad the Blue Jays for loosening the purse strings a bit this winter. They spent big on a closer, starter, 3B, and added a bat at 1B, although the last 2 were trades. Now, just after adding some 25-30 million to the payroll, which is not chicken feed, but is not a killer, they are highly competative. I don't think they are a challenge for a Division crown, but they are a strong player in the WC race now.

One other note. I do believe that the Yankees will start a trend of spending less on player salaries. They will always be at or near the top, and part of the deal is the cost of living here (ever compare a house in the City, or the 'burbs, with one in KC? It's an eye-opener!!). But they will not be 70 million more then their next competitor.

Already, 2006 projects to be 15 million or more below 2005. Not much, but it's the start of a trend.

Now, to show what a fool you really are..

Check out the local Arlington papers from around the time A-rod signed. Check out the Business section. (It's OK if you can't read, there are 4 year olds around who will explain everything to you, in terms that are simple enough for you.)

Hicks had grand plans to built a hugh shopping/hotel/business park complex around the Stadium. His theory was that if he signs a big name player to act as the centerpiece of the Baseball team, it would be easier to attract investors to his plan. A-Rod was the biggest name around, so he went after him, biddig against himself.

To make a long story short, the idea never got off the ground. And since the A-Rod contract was killing the Rangers, from a financial standpoint, the Rangers needed to cut bait.

So, they first approached the Bosox, but the Bosox were not shrewd enough to work out a deal. Then Hicks and the Yankees got together, and the Yankees were shrewd enough to get A-Rod for 7 years, with Texas kicking in enough that the Yankees are actually paying only $98 million, or $14 million a year, for the best player in the game. True, he is costing the Yankees his full contract value on the cap, but in real dollars, the Yankees received enough money from Texas that the out of pocket salary cost for A-Rod in $14 million per.

Them's the facts. I hope I didn't use any words that are to big for you to understand, Spin Doctor.

Why do I care why Hicks signed A-rod initially? Forget all the hotel/shopping plaza garbage...why cant it just be because he is/was one of the best baseball players in the game? That has nothing to do with anything pertinent to this discussion! All I said was Hicks had to know that he could rely on the Yankees to assume A-rod's contract (or most of it as the case may be) at some point down the road if things didnt work out. Which everyone (including 60 Minutes) knew it wouldnt!

Oh, and you are wrong about something else too. A-rod's contract was only 50% of the reason why he was moved out of Texas. The other 50% being (and this may interest you, Thor, as to why Texas was so intent on paying alot for A-rod to leave) the fact that A-rod clashed with Buck on a daily basis. Hicks chose Buck over A-rod because he knew Buck had a better chance of helping his team win. A-rod used to say publicly that he "wants to play for a manager that has actually played the game before." Guess he got his wish. So did I! Now the Yankees are cursed and we are not!

So, Hicks was willing to pay some of A-rod's contract because he wanted that jinxed clubhouse cancer out of his life and off his team. It was ugly in Texas for the 3 years A-rod was there, then things magically got better and Texas finished the next season 2 games away from the pennant.

Just when I was about to give Texas some credit, they go and sign Kevin Millwood to a $60 million deal! DOH!

Just when I was about to give Texas some credit, they go and sign Kevin Millwood to a $60 million deal! DOH!

There is a report out there (ESPN? FOX?) that the deal is 4 for 48 guaranteed, with a team option at a 5th year for the same 12 million. But regardless, your point on this contract is valid.

But then again, this is the same team that is going to end up paying A-Rod $154 million for playing 3 seasons for them, and 7 for their competitor!! and also the same team that gave Chan Ho Park $65 million over 5 seasons. So Millwood is a bargain for Texas compared to their previous signings. :mrgreen:

Archived