Mike Tannenbaum "Ask Me Anything" on reddit

Beaver

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jznxs/i_am_mike_tannenbaum_former_gm_of_the_ny_jets_ama/

Here is the link and I am not about to try and parse this out.   A lot of the same basic answers you have already heard, but a few interesting nuggets also.  They were really high on Matt Ryan. I still have not read all of it, but thought it would be interesting.

Hey Mike who was your favorite sleeper pickup? "Danny Woodhead"

are+you+fucking+kidding+me+meme+the+fuck

Such a sour note for me. I knew this kid was going to be great, and was looking into getting his jersey. Next thing I know, we release him ( to free up a position temporarily I think), he signs with the team I hate the most, and blows up. WTF?

That's perfect. Kind of surprised it wasn't Victor Cruz though.

Good point. Even with free time to reflect he is still effing clueless

It's right up there with his whole "I wouldn't have extended Sanchez if I knew he'd turn the ball over 26 times" nonsense, when he actually signed Sanchez to an extension coming off of a season where he had just turned it over 26 freakin' times.

Such a sour note for me. I knew this kid was going to be great, and was looking into getting his jersey. Next thing I know, we release him ( to free up a position temporarily I think), he signs with the team I hate the most, and blows up. WTF?

To be fair, he replaced UDFA Woodhead with McKnight who cost two draft picks, comes to camp out of shape, can't learn a playbook and recently got arrested.  So, yeah.

Archived