Everybody needs..........

Section 333

.......to start drinking (heavily) rewind the game re-start the game thread. Your negativity over pre-season game 1 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also anyone who uses the phrase "same old jets"(u know who u are) needs to be punched in the face (relativity hard)

That phrase is an insult to anyone who is over the age of 30 who sat through many many many years of ridiculously uncompetitive teams.

In the last 10 years this team has been in the playoffs 5 times.

Lets at least get to the regular season before we start jumping off bridges. This D will be good. We will have issues offensively we all know that.

If Mark is picked as the starter lets at least give the 1st 4 games of the regular season. (3 of them are winnable.) If we start 1-3 or 0-4 Ill jump in the negativity. But come on folks its pre-season game 1 for christ sake. 

I find it silly that it is just a 100% bash fest and its so hip and cool to be overly negative. 

I saw the game and I am not in a state of panic.  Lots of things to work on but I saw:

• An offensive line that has an attitude
  • Wide receivers that are actually open
  • A defensive line that has so much talent

Too many penalties and the running game is a huge concern.  Sanchez has to cut it out with the stupid pick 6's.  But this is a practice game.  This was an improvement over last season.  They are headed in the right direction.

Section 333, did you watch the game?  I mean, have you seen it yet, or are you one of the guys waiting to see it tomorrow?

I watched it. But it is pre-season game 1. What am I supposed to take from it? Its a meaningless game. Nothing I see in a pre-season game can make me get either high or low. 

I mean there are always positives and always negatives to take away from these games.  But all I see is everyone lining up to throw the season away. What about the fact that Wilk is a beast. Milliner made a few nice plays. What about if we do go to week 1 with Mark,t a west coast style with MM calling slants and timing patterns is something that even Mark could possibly succeed in?  Folk kicked a fg that would have been good from 65.

I could see the negatives just as clearly as you did. Coples did not look too good, The line looked poor. The WR had a few drops.

My point is that nobody even brings up any positives. Thats all I am saying.  Everyone is so conditioned to sh*t all over this team and I just think thats too easy to do. All im saying is t couldn't hurt anyone to at least try to look at the positives. 

As you very well know there are always a handful of teams in this league that surprise each year. Hell we were even one of them in 2009. This roster had a big turnover. Let the team come together and let the staff get sh*t sorted out before you get in the lie to throw the season away.

I saw the game and I am not in a state of panic.  Lots of things to work on but I saw:

• An offensive line that has an attitude
  • Wide receivers that are actually open
  • A defensive line that has so much talent

Too many penalties and the running game is a huge concern.  Sanchez has to cut it out with the stupid pick 6's.  But this is a practice game.  This was an improvement over last season.  They are headed in the right direction.

Thats more like it. You took a few positives and a few negatives. Thats what preseason is all about. I was very exited about seeing open WR as well. MM will really help this O.

Thats more like it. You took a few positives and a few negatives. Thats what preseason is all about. I was very exited about seeing open WR as well. MM will really help this O.

The starting offense scored a TD in the first game.  That didn't happen last year.  :)

Someone has to teach Mark how to throw a screen pass. I thought he looked good after that play. The line is a disaster. I like the attitude - but you can't have more penalty yards, then rushing yards. Honestly though, in the MM offense, the screen passes are the running game. 

Someone has to teach Mark how to throw a screen pass. I thought he looked good after that play. The line is a disaster. I like the attitude - but you can't have more penalty yards, then rushing yards. Honestly though, in the MM offense, the screen passes are the running game. 

Agreed abou screen passes being the running game. Also using them will even open up the running game. Think B Westbrook in Philly. Or even Mccoy last year. Using them really opens things up. Im not suggesting that Powell Mcnight or Ivory are on Westbrook or Mccoys level, but The west coast will open holes.

Agreed abou screen passes being the running game. Also using them will even open up the running game. Think B Westbrook in Philly. Or even Mccoy last year. Using them really opens things up. Im not suggesting that Powell Mcnight or Ivory are on Westbrook or Mccoys level, but The west coast will open holes.

Agree, Spahn and Ivory will fill those roles nicely though. Perhaps even McKnight. West Coast teams do not impose their will on the opposition. Like you said, they use screens and short passes to set up the run game. It's probably the reason our line looked like it did. Partially anyway.

Someone has to teach Mark how to throw a screen pass.

He's the special kind of stupid that can't be taught.  Geno can be.  If his ankle his OK he should win the job.

Yeah yeah he looked good other than the pick blah blah.  Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the show?  Same old sh**.  He'll keep throwing us pick 6's that cost us games before they even begin.  He won't "just stop" turning the ball over in Year 5 like he claimed he's going to do.  New OC, same old Sanchez.  We're 2 years overdue for a freaking change already.

.......to start drinking (heavily) rewind the game re-start the game thread. Your negativity over pre-season game 1 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also anyone who uses the phrase "same old jets"(u know who u are) needs to be punched in the face (relativity hard)

That phrase is an insult to anyone who is over the age of 30 who sat through many many many years of ridiculously uncompetitive teams.

In the last 10 years this team has been in the playoffs 5 times.

Lets at least get to the regular season before we start jumping off bridges. This D will be good. We will have issues offensively we all know that.

If Mark is picked as the starter lets at least give the 1st 4 games of the regular season. (3 of them are winnable.) If we start 1-3 or 0-4 Ill jump in the negativity. But come on folks its pre-season game 1 for christ sake. 

I find it silly that it is just a 100% bash fest and its so hip and cool to be overly negative. 

+1 to this entire post. Except the Mark Sanchez part.

He's the special kind of stupid that can't be taught.  Geno can be.  If his ankle his OK he should win the job.

Yeah yeah he looked good other than the pick blah blah.  Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the show?  Same old sh**.  He'll keep throwing us pick 6's that cost us games before it even begins.  He won't "just stop" in Year 5 like he claimed he's going to do.  New OC, same old Sanchez.

Idk dude. I used to think that. lol. He stares down one receiver too much from what I saw. I think he needs time to watch, I don't know how much time - but he is not ready yet. Sanchez was good except those screen situations. With the amount the Jets probably run in practice, he should get it down. He ran this offense in college, just not against NFL defensive lines.

Idk dude. I used to think that. lol. He stares down one receiver too much from what I saw. I think he needs time to watch, I don't know how much time - but he is not ready yet. Sanchez was good except those screen situations. With the amount the Jets probably run in practice, he should get it down. He ran this offense in college, just not against NFL defensive lines.

It'll all depend on the ankle.  Dammit, just dammit.

It'll all depend on the ankle.  Dammit, just dammit.

Yeah I know. Still hopeful here too. If they can just somehow get one of these QB's to play mistake free football, the defense looks really good. When the starters were out there, it looked like the Jets were playing with 12 guys on defense. It was very vanilla stuff they were running too. Still feel like our GM could have added a few more pieces to the offense too.

Yeah I know. Still hopeful here too. If they can just somehow get one of these QB's to play mistake free football, the defense looks really good. When the starters were out there, it looked like the Jets were playing with 12 guys on defense. It was very vanilla stuff they were running too. Still feel like our GM could have added a few more pieces to the offense too.

Don't know who else he was supposed to bring in.  Maybe a TE at the 13th pick I suppose.  Imagine if we could have paired Geno with Tavon Austin?

Yeah yeah he looked good other than the pick blah blah.  Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the show?  Same old sh**.  He'll keep throwing us pick 6's that cost us games before they even begin.  He won't "just stop" turning the ball over in Year 5 like he claimed he's going to do.  New OC, same old Sanchez.  We're 2 years overdue for a freaking change already.

From what I saw I dont see any way he wins the job. All they talk about in camp is he has the arm he has the legs. They are impressed on his progress with the playbook. But looking at the plays that were called for him it looks like hes not even close. I do not see him winning this job even if the ankle is 100%

Don't know who else he was supposed to bring in.  Maybe a TE at the 13th pick I suppose.  Imagine if we could have paired Geno with Tavon Austin?

Austin would have been great. Maybe a scat back in the later rounds? I'm too tired to go back and look at the draft right now. lol Could he have traded for someone? Maybe someone will open up before the season. Seems like we need a homerun threat someplace in this offense. 

Austin would have been great. Maybe a scat back in the later rounds? I'm too tired to go back and look at the draft right now. lol Could he have traded for someone? Maybe someone will open up before the season. Seems like we need a homerun threat someplace in this offense. 

I really liked the Ivory trade, though most seem to be down on it.  He has more upside than maybe any Jet RB I can remember with his speed/size combo.  He's had a super-high YPC AND yards after contact average in his relatively small sample size.  

From what I saw I dont see any way he wins the job. All they talk about in camp is he has the arm he has the legs. They are impressed on his progress with the playbook. But looking at the plays that were called for him it looks like hes not even close. I do not see him winning this job even if the ankle is 100%

They probably didn't open the playbook much for him, but what does that say?   That he's not ready.  Or that going 6-7 but doing absolutely nothing isn't going to win you a starting job.     Who knows as it is preseason, but the truth is,  many people said who cares its only preseason last year and the offense never showed signs of improvement the entire year.    

What I saw was typical Sanchez.  He makes bad plays. He'll make a couple of nice plays now and again, but other than that, he's the same QB that sucks.     The Defense has to keep the team in games.  But even when the defense was really good a few seasons back, they still lost games 9-0.  And who is to say the running back situation gets better. Lets just hope they all get healthy, but there isn't anything that says these running backs will be healthy or actually be any good.  People act like Ivory is Curtis Martin cloned or something.

Agree on the HR threat. But Im good with D in the 1st round. We had a bit of that with L Washington. The threat doesnt need to be an every down player. Just a threat on the field to make the D think about. Brad Smith did that as well.

They probably didn't open the playbook much for him, but what does that say?   That he's not ready.  Or that going 6-7 but doing absolutely nothing isn't going to win you a starting job.     Who knows as it is preseason, but the truth is,  many people said who cares its only preseason last year and the offense never showed signs of improvement the entire year.    

What I saw was typical Sanchez.  He makes bad plays. He'll make a couple of nice plays now and again, but other than that, he's the same QB that sucks.     The Defense has to keep the team in games.  But even when the defense was really good a few seasons back, they still lost games 9-0.  And who is to say the running back situation gets better. Lets just hope they all get healthy, but there isn't anything that says these running backs will be healthy or actually be any good.  People act like Ivory is Curtis Martin cloned or something.

I dont think anyone said anything close to Ivory being a Martin clone. 2 completely different backs for anyone to say that. Ivory has potential. Thats what I have heard people say. Look at his APC its impressive. But can he do it every down, thats the question. Or even at all and get back on the field?

Back to Geno, you are correct it is only pre-season. I dont like to take too much out of it. But I Really think Sanchez in too far ahead at this point for Geno to catch up. This D is too good to put a guy who you cant even use your full playbook with. Im not saying Mark is great or even good. But I cant see Geno being ready in time.

Agree on the HR threat. But Im good with D in the 1st round. We had a bit of that with L Washington. The threat doesnt need to be an every down player. Just a threat on the field to make the D think about. Brad Smith did that as well.

I agree 100%.

I really liked the Ivory trade, though most seem to be down on it.  He has more upside than maybe any Jet RB I can remember with his speed/size combo.  He's had a super-high YPC AND yards after contact average in his relatively small sample size.  

I liked that trade at the time too, a lot. Not so much until he gets on the field. 

I watched it. But it is pre-season game 1. What am I supposed to take from it? Its a meaningless game. Nothing I see in a pre-season game can make me get either high or low. 

I mean there are always positives and always negatives to take away from these games.  But all I see is everyone lining up to throw the season away. What about the fact that Wilk is a beast. Milliner made a few nice plays. What about if we do go to week 1 with Mark,t a west coast style with MM calling slants and timing patterns is something that even Mark could possibly succeed in?  Folk kicked a fg that would have been good from 65.

I could see the negatives just as clearly as you did. Coples did not look too good, The line looked poor. The WR had a few drops.

My point is that nobody even brings up any positives. Thats all I am saying.  Everyone is so conditioned to sh*t all over this team and I just think thats too easy to do. All im saying is t couldn't hurt anyone to at least try to look at the positives. 

As you very well know there are always a handful of teams in this league that surprise each year. Hell we were even one of them in 2009. This roster had a big turnover. Let the team come together and let the staff get sh*t sorted out before you get in the lie to throw the season away.

Hey man, I'm with you.  I made a list of things I'd like the team to work on...but after a game like that, It would just feel like piling it on. 

Kinda like Coples belly-flopping on Shaun Hill after the play was dead. 

Ivory is nothing like Curtis Martin

Ivory is a super-fragile playmaker.

Martin was a super-durable non-playmaker.

Hope Ivory changes his durability.  Truth is it's pre-season and it doesn't matter that much.  Yet.

The team we watched tonight is not the team we'll field in September. The mini-draft will net us a couple starters. I know this.

I'm watching the GB game as we speak. Just at RB, they have: DuJaun Harris (their named starter), James Starks (the back who got the start tonight), Alex Green, and their rookies Lacy and Franklin. A pass first team is not going to carry 5 RBs, and any one of those dudes could come here and start over Powell.

They also have some talented WRs: Jones, Jordy and Cobb are locks then they have like five viable options to round out their roster.

Thats just one team. With an excess of talent. That we need.

I predict some PS poaching, or some serious swooping once cuts start. Our team isn't done stocking up, and the more injuries we incur the more likely we can infuse a higher caliber talent before week one.

Archived