Tom Brady leaves practice, looking at knee

JOJOTOWNSELL

On a more serious note........whats the general feeling among Patsy fans regarding Mallet?

I am on record saying he was a steal in his draft and will be a star when Brady hangs it up.

he's has marginally better accuracy than Tebow....meaning he kind of sucks. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note........whats the general feeling among Patsy fans regarding Mallet?

I am on record saying he was a steal in his draft and will be a star when Brady hangs it up.

It is hard to tell.  Most people compare his performances to that of Matt Cassell pre-2008.  Spotty performance in preseason snaps that we saw on TV, where both guys would pass the eye test (they looked like they could be pro quarterbacks) but their actual performance in those games was... underwhelming.

I think most Patriots fans will admit that they were pleasantly surprised when Matt turned out to be serviceable in 2008.  I feel like Mallett is in the same place.  He'd probably be a mediocre to serviceable QB if Brady went down for the season, but he hasn't shown anything that indicates he will be more than that.

You could choose to interpret signing Tebow as an indication that BB isn't sold on Mallett the way he was sold on Hoyer (with Hoyer as the only backup QB for a couple years), but Tebow looked terrible throwing the ball in the first preseason game.  Right now I am scared to have either one playing QB.  The only reason I wouldn't slit my wrists over a Brady injury is Josh's success with Tebow in Denver, and Matt's success in 2008.

Remember all the times this board has predicted doom in NE?

You havent learned anything.

You can try and change the subject all you want. (For the record, I have been posting on Jets message boards since 2005 and I have been 100% correct in prediction since day one that the Pats were done winning Super Bowls :Nuts: )

I'd like you to answer my question - what do you think of Wes Welker now?

You can try and change the subject all you want. (For the record, I have been posting on Jets message boards since 2005 and I have been 100% correct in prediction since day one that the Pats were done winning Super Bowls :Nuts: )

I'd like you to answer my question - what do you think of Wes Welker now?

Klacko the Pats had Welker and didnt win a super bowl.

How does that fact support your latest prediction? Remember when you were blabbering about Welker doing nothing if Randy Moss wasnt there? The Pats didnt win a championship with Moss either. So, you were wrong about Moss and youll be wrong about Welker. Nothing new.

Klacko the Pats had Welker and didnt win a super bowl.

How does that fact support your latest prediction? Remember when you were blabbering about Welker doing nothing if Randy Moss wasnt there? The Pats didnt win a championship with Moss either. So, you were wrong about Moss and youll be wrong about Welker. Nothing new.

That's fine and good but you still didn't answer my question. 

But not for nothin', I haven't been wrong about anything. I said in 2005 the Pats were done winning SBs and they haven't won one since. That's dead on balls accurate.

And again, answer the freakin' question - what do YOU think of Wes Welker now?

That's fine and good but you still didn't answer my question. 

But not for nothin', I haven't been wrong about anything. I said in 2005 the Pats were done winning SBs and they haven't won one since. That's dead on balls accurate.

And again, answer the freakin' question - what do YOU think of Wes Welker now?

:bwahaharoll:

You said Vern Ghoston wasnt a bad draft pick - WRONG

You told me that the Sanchise was improving - WRONG

You told us that Moss made West Welker and without Moss, Welker would be nothing - WRONG.

You said that you were not a doosh - WRONG AGAIN!

:bwahaharoll:

You said Vern Ghoston wasnt a bad draft pick - WRONG

You told me that the Sanchise was improving - WRONG

You told us that Moss made West Welker and without Moss, Welker would be nothing - WRONG.

You said that you were not a doosh - WRONG AGAIN!

First of all, I didn't personally attack you, so I don't know what the whole name calling BS is about. 

Second of all, PLEASE ANSWER MY ******* QUESTION!!!

WHAT DO YOU, PATRIOTREIGN37, THINK OF WES WELKER NOW THAT HE IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL TEAM?

if completing 11 of 12 passes you throw in the quarter you play is sexy, then yes, VERY sexy.

No that isn't sexy.  I meant was he still super hot.  You are no help, I will check with one of the guys, lol.

:)

Archived