Quinton Coples Out 3-4 Weeks!

BurnleyJet

As much as any injury sucks, particularly at this time of year, we have players waiting in the wings at OLB. I wouldn't hate to see what Barnes, Sapp and McIntyre can do with their opportunities.

Agreed.  I'm hoping that one of Sapp, Barnes or McIntyre do so well during Coples' absence, that he forces Rex to move Coples back to the DL.

We are a little late with this one, but here is an injury update on Quinton Coples.  Yesterday it came out that Coples would require a procedure on his ankle.

Rex Ryan added, “Again, I don’t know the particulars right now on surgery, whatever. We just know that he’s out for at least the preseason games. We’re putting it that he’s out indefinitely because we don’t know exactly the timeframe on it.”

Garrett McIntyre will step into the starting lineup while Coples is out per Rex Ryan,  “Yes, and we’ll rotate (Antwan) Barnes in there as well. But yes, Garret, I think he’s really earned that right. We brought Barnes in really to rush the passer and that would be his role, but obviously we’re going to challenge him to step it up in base as well. So, that’s why Garrett was starting primarily.”

Quinton Coples

Archived