Question on Jets / Giants Tickets

So I figured I'd ask for a little help here, since this is definitely throwing me off a bit.  Can anyone tell me what is with the absurdly high prices at which people are trying to sell tickets for this Saturday?  It's a preseason game for crying out loud and the stadium is sure to be half empty.  I've always used this game as an opportunity to get a bunch of friends together from the area who are fans of both teams for some cheap prices, but outside of the first game at MetLife (which I at least understood), I've never seen anything like this.  Part of the problem I do realize is I am looking for 5+ tickets together, but could always break it up if need be and then work it out when we get there.  I also know if I really wanted to I'd probably have next to no problem scalping tickets for dirt cheap, but really would rather avoid doing that.

So I guess the question is, anyone have any thoughts?  eBay had a could of reasonably priced options, but most don't have enough tickets together, and the prices over at stubhub and tiqiq are just plain ridiculous for a preseason game.  There's simply no way 99% of those tickets are selling at those prices.  Any suggestions?

my point was that people who have season tickets and are considered "real fans" suck. It was never intended to say you werent a real fan.

Ah, gotcha.  I didn't take it like that, but I thought you had seen it as if I was just trashing all season ticket holders with my comments.  I don't necessarily hold it against anyone as, frankly, it's their money and their decision, but I just found it so odd, as anyone trying to mark up preseason ticket prices is going to find themselves getting $0 for a game they're apparently not going to.  I don't get it.

Ah, gotcha.  I didn't take it like that, but I thought you had seen it as if I was just trashing all season ticket holders with my comments.  I don't necessarily hold it against anyone as, frankly, it's their money and their decision, but I just found it so odd, as anyone trying to mark up preseason ticket prices is going to find themselves getting $0 for a game they're apparently not going to.  I don't get it.

I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I agree with you

Archived