Jets - Giants Game Thread

Larz

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depth charts aren't even released at the start of camp. He proved himself immediately at the start of camp. As bad as geno and mark are dont u think if simms was a player they would have given him a shot even in practice? Just because r wilson took a job away from flynn doesnt mean we should be calling for simms to be given a chance with the ones.

Idk the answer to that - but I suspect Simms wasnt ready yet. He might be now though. He is certainly outperforming the level he is at.

Naw, for all the hate Rex get's, people often forget how sh*tty the Jets were pre-Rex. I mean c'mon, he got us to two afc championship games. That's a lot better than what the past Jets coaches can say.

Jets under Mangini were n different than under Rex.... More bad than good, and all hope gets erased by epic collapse style of badness.

Idk the answer to that - but I suspect Simms wasnt ready yet. He might be now though. He is certainly outperforming the level he is at.

Outperforming what? 3rd and 4th string borderline practice squad players? All u people that think you know more than nfl hc and gms make me laugh. U are probably one of the big McElroy supporters headed into the 12 sack san diego debacle.

Parcells took a 1-15 team with bad contracts and made them 9-7 next year with solid free agents and late round picks. You want to convince me that we couldnt go and get the top free agents, then I agree - but dont sit here and tell me he couldnt find ANY contributors this offseason because that is horsesh*t. This isnt the f'n NBA.

the best thing that ever happened to parcells was homeboy vinny was waived and fell into his lap.  he passed on a HOF LT with his first decision.  go ahead and look at his first 2 drafts.  then tell me about late round picks

get out of here with parcells as GM, he was a train wreck

look at that 98 coaching staff.  you have like 5 future HC's on that staff

Naw, for all the hate Rex get's, people often forget how sh*tty the Jets were pre-Rex. I mean c'mon, he got us to two afc championship games. That's a lot better than what the past Jets coaches can say.

The Jets were 9-7 before Rex and killing people before Favre's bicep blew out.

I have ZERO respect for NFL network OR LT..  he stated we will go 1 - 8 and i was like ok.. well that isn't a shocker given schedule .. Blah,blah,blah.. then he goes on to mock sanchez about the hot dog... seriously man..? i know its the "Thing" to dog there is a good reason.... most of the time.. but really you reach into his rook seasion 5 year's ago for the sake of making Kurt laugh.., even Kurt was puzzled he was like... Give the jet's a 8 los record before the season...? idk man. LT was like mark my word's. Then goes on to dog our play book when Geno got the safety.. the charger's come on... he's like GO CHARGER'S ... **** LT ... ZERO respect. Way to stay San Diego classy. 

the best thing that ever happened to parcells was homeboy vinny was waived and fell into his lap.  he passed on a HOF LT with his first decision.  go ahead and look at his first 2 drafts.  then tell me about late round picks

get out of here with parcells as GM, he was a train wreck

look at that 98 coaching staff.  you have like 5 future HC's on that staff

Are you serious? He went 9-7 with Neil O'Donnell and 8-8 with Rick Mirer and Ray Lucas. He had to trade down because of the cap, the Jets just had the #1 overall pick the year before, and oh yeah he got a pretty good tackle named Jason Fabini, in the 6th round, and Jumbo Elliot as a cheap free agents signing. Two examples of cheap players you can get to help your team, although there were more. Also, all of those coaches give Parcells credit for his effect on their carreers, as does Sean Payton. 

Only the jets can make people feel bad for Sanchez all media is saying why is he in there . Few think idzik is pulling the strings this isn't good guys

I was thinking when geno came back in after the nice drive in the 3rd that a smart coach would sit the entire starting offense, which means rex won't.  I have to say he opened himself up to the media whipping hes going to take

and typical jets, the giants o-line is a mess, the offense is playing poorly, and all anyone will talk about is how idzik and rex are bungling the QB sitch

and this week they deserve it

mehta and cimini are laughing their asses off right now

Are you serious? He went 9-7 with Neil O'Donnell and 8-8 with Rick Mirer and Ray Lucas. He had to trade down because of the cap, the Jets just had the #1 overall pick the year before, and oh yeah he got a pretty good tackle named Jason Fabini, in the 6th round, and Jumbo Elliot as a cheap free agents signing. Two examples of cheap players you can get to help your team, although there were more. Also, all of those coaches give Parcells credit for his effect on their carreers, as does Sean Payton. 

if you want to make the case for parcells as a great GM, knock yourself out.  I already made the point about how good the coaching was, don't know where you are going with that

lets just say we disagree

if you want to make the case for parcells as a great GM, knock yourself out.  I already made the point about how good the coaching was, don't know where you are going with that

lets just say we disagree

My only point is good GM's find contributors that do not cost a ton of money. Every good team has them, its a must in order to be successful.

you are clueless. his off season was to gut the team , repair the cap and get comp picks for next year. this is a throw away year. its a burn it down rebuild. its not his fault you were expecting playoffs. his FA signings were for the most part waived last year so we get the comp picks next year. its not his fault you don't know this

This is one of the hardest thing to do look at all the teams that are still trying to do this ! I hate this concept everyone thinks its easy if u DON'T have a qb it won't work !!! Plus our GM has no track record of doing this. So we don't know if he can rebuild!

Archived