Matt Simms: MERGED

CobraVerde

Not until Ratliff gets his shot.

Yeah, I mean Ratliff did good against the 3's and never amounted to much - but that doesn't mean Simms will be the same. He could excel, or he could be Ratliff. We won't know until he gets a shot.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I mean Ratliff did good against the 3's and never amounted to much - but that doesn't mean Simms will be the same. He could excel, or he could be Ratliff. We won't know until he gets a shot.

Exactly +1

I mean he had the best pass of the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

She is right. I was at the game tonight and Simms was by far the best qb. He has a higher ceiling than McElroy. Drop McElroy and keep Simms. If we put him on PS someone will pick him up... Possibly bellicheat....

LL

I mean he had the best pass of the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

You sure you want that? I imagine Simms is the hope a lot of Jets fans are holding onto right now. If he ends up sucking ass, which he probably will seeing as how he's been fighting for the third string qb job, then I imagine all hope will be crushed. This board will turn into a board full of misery and despair. Either that or you'd guys would start calling for Mcelroy.

You sure you want that? I imagine Simms is the hope a lot of Jets fans are holding onto right now. If he ends up sucking ass, which he probably will seeing as how he's been fighting for the third string qb job, then I imagine all hope will be crushed. This board will turn into a board full of misery and despair. Either that or you'd guys would start calling for Mcelroy.

Dude, this board is already misery and despair. It doesn't get worse, no worries. 

This board lives off of the misery and despair. No matter what choice is made we still complain and whine about it being the wrong decision. On that note give him a shot. Today, was the first game Geno started and the fIrst game we saw Simms, who looked better. Its that simple.

I don't. I actually think it will get even funnier. Some of the best forum humor comes out when we are all trying to laugh through our blinding tears.

That is actually pretty true, but it will be depressing nonetheless. Right now we all have some hope that Geno or Simms is going to turn it around. It's going to suck if we start cheering for losses so we can get the 1st pick in the draft.

Sure there is. Picking twice in the first round, and taking a corner who couldn't wash two fours car, and then taking another D Lineman for the tenth year in a row.

It hurts.

It already is worse theyre all bad to mediocre at best

I refuse to give up hope on Geno. He's going to lead us to the playoffs and prove all the naysayers wrong.

That is actually pretty true, but it will be depressing nonetheless. Right now we all have some hope that Geno or Simms is going to turn it around. It's going to suck if we start cheering for losses so we can get the 1st pick in the draft.

I refuse to give up hope on Geno. He's going to lead us to the playoffs and prove all the naysayers wrong.

I will NEVER cheer for losses.

lol. You must be really young. But OK. Hope you're right.

I will NEVER cheer for losses.

lol. You must be really young. But OK. Hope you're right.

If Teddy Bridgewater starts having a Luck like season, I bet you anything you'd be cheering for losses. Hell, I probably would be cheering for losses if we were crappy enough to be in for the running.

If Teddy Bridgewater starts having a Luck like season, I bet you anything you'd be cheering for losses. Hell, I probably would be cheering for losses if we were crappy enough to be in for the running.

Nope. No thanks. I don't believe the hype. And the reality is, a #1 pick doesn't assure you anything. 

Simms was the best QB last week, and he was the best QB this week.  I can only judge him on who he's went up against to this point, lets see what happens if he gets to play against 1st stringers...... IF we get that opportunity.  I like what I see from him.  He's got a rocket arm (best on the team), he has passion, looks like a leader, and just looks poised out there.  I saw the same in Russle Wilson last year in the pre season, and I turned out to be right. 

Simms was the best QB last week, and he was the best QB this week. I can only judge him on who he's went up against to this point, lets see what happens if he gets to play against 1st stringers...... IF we get that opportunity. I like what I see from him. He's got a rocket arm (best on the team), he has passion, looks like a leader, and just looks poised out there. I saw the same in Russle Wilson last year in the pre season, and I turned out to be right.

Stranger things have happened.

We arnt winning this year anyway, and what's with this Giants game and hurting our Q.B's, (Pennington) and now Sanchez. Clowney here we come...

Speaking of Clowney, we once had a receiver named Clowney who was also great in preseason. I think it was Ratliff was throwing to him. So now we have gone full circle.

I think Matt Simms should start. He's tall, blonde, has a great arm and looks to be a very confident young man.

I also think the Giants should start their second and third team defenses, because you know, they're just as good as the starters. They also will be MUCH cheaper next year when they cut all the starters.

what Geno did last night was typical nervous rookie crap.  he still threw for 200 yards in 3 quarters.  Sanchez has trouble doing that over 60 minutes.  face it:  we do not have a legit starter on the roster, but we have a rookie with a chance to get better.

Archived