Matt Simms: MERGED

CobraVerde

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I totally missed that the 70 yard pass during the giants game was from his own end one. And it was on the money while he was on the run... You were saying about him being accurate?

Well technically it was a little behind Spadola, who had to stop running to make the reception (not merely thrown a little behind the receiver who still doesn't have to break stride).  If Spadola wasn't so wide open there's a chance that's picked off.  

But throwing across his body, while on the run, from that distance, was plenty good enough.  And I'm sure Simms realized just how open Spadola was & determined that even if he was off a bit that Spadola had more than ample time & room to adjust to the pass and make the catch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000233694/Matt-Sims-completes-70-yard-pass-to-Ryan-Spadola%C2'>

Pretty looking play.

passes on the money.at this point,the jets don't have a better option for week 1.2 injured qb's, and simms looks alot  more ready than geno.do the jets pull a seahawks and start simms over geno? starting to look like a no brainer.add in the fact that genos ankle isn't 100%

Some opinions:

Wayne Chrebet @waynechrebet 12s

Good for MATT SIMMS. Nice kid. Great family. He deserves to be the 3rd after that. Bigger potential. Preseason game or not. Impressive.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 21m

Quick thoughts: Bravo, Matt Simms. McElroy, be worried. Impressed with Kahlil Bell. OL, no good, especially J. Smith. Nice job by No. 2 D.

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers 23m

I really think Matt Simms, with a full year on the practice squad could be a nice commodity for the Jets next year. The arrow is pointing up

Some opinions:

Wayne Chrebet ‏@waynechrebet 12s

Good for MATT SIMMS. Nice kid. Great family. He deserves to be the 3rd after that. Bigger potential. Preseason game or not. Impressive.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 21m

Quick thoughts: Bravo, Matt Simms. McElroy, be worried. Impressed with Kahlil Bell. OL, no good, especially J. Smith. Nice job by No. 2 D.

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers 23m

I really think Matt Simms, with a full year on the practice squad could be a nice commodity for the Jets next year. The arrow is pointing up

No possible way Simms would make it to the PS.

Some opinions:

Wayne Chrebet ‏@waynechrebet 12s

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 21m

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers 23m

fine dude i guess we can close the book on Matt Simms cause the "experts" have spoken. Let's start Geno Smith. Go right ahead...

not. happening. common. sense.

Sadly your right  

Based on the QB play in the preseason here is what the QB depth chart should look like

Sanchez------  Nothing special.  Decent Preseason.  made same type mistakes

Simms----- Hated Simms coming into the season.  Has been the best QB on the team.  Expected him to melt down tonight.  Played real well with questionable protection. 

Smith-----Kid has some upside, but really has had a shaky preseason.

fine dude i guess we can close the book on Matt Simms cause the "experts" have spoken. Let's start Geno Smith. Go right ahead...

Hey, I'm just posting what a few people who know a few things posted on twitter.  There are plenty of Jets fans that want him to start.  They are just as misguided as you.

Hey, I'm just posting what a few people who know a few things posted on twitter.  There are plenty of Jets fans that want him to start.  They are just as misguided as you.

I was pretending to talk to the experts when i said Let's start Geno Smith Go right ahead. Im not misguided, im delusional....

Sadly your right  

Based on the QB play in the preseason here is what the QB depth chart should look like

Sanchez------  Nothing special.  Decent Preseason.  made same type mistakes

Simms----- Hated Simms coming into the season.  Has been the best QB on the team.  Expected him to melt down tonight.  Played real well with questionable protection. 

Smith-----Kid has some upside, but really has had a shaky preseason.

I struggle with putting simms #2 right now.  geno went up against the giants starters.  but he had time to throw and still turned it over 3 times.  simms had 2 picks dropped.  

I love how simms responded after the safety, but you just have to give geno the first crack at starting if sanchez can't.  

I'm just literally going to pray they cut mcelrat, I couldn't take this team and the backlash if they cut simms or try yo stash him on the PS

I struggle with putting simms #2 right now.  geno went up against the giants starters.  but he had time to throw and still turned it over 3 times.  simms had 2 picks dropped.  

I love how simms responded after the safety, but you just have to give geno the first crack at starting if sanchez can't.  

I'm just literally going to pray they cut mcelrat, I couldn't take this team and the backlash if they cut simms or try yo stash him on the PS

It'll be like this week 1:

Geno

Simms

Sanchez (out injured)

McElroy cut.

That's the way I see it anyway. If Sanchez is healthy, he starts, Geno #2, Simms still on team as #3.

It'll be like this week 1:

Geno

Simms

Sanchez (out injured)

McElroy cut.

That's the way I see it anyway. If Sanchez is healthy, he starts, Geno #2, Simms still on team as #3.

wow

can you imagine if geno hurts his vagina and simms rallies the team to a win ?

can we be so lucky as to catch lightning in a bottle ?

Simms looked awesome against second and third stringers. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying my Super Bowl gear yet. Do Jets fans ALWAYS instantly overrate anyone who looks like they might not suck entirely?

Nobody is asking you to buy Super Bowl gear.  Yes, Simms looked very good against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Smith looked bad against the same type people.

Their both very young players.  Right now Simms has outplayed Smith.  Why should Smith get the #2 spot?  Because he's a 2nd round pick?  Make him ear that #2 spot.

He hasn't

Nobody is asking you to buy Super Bowl gear.  Yes, Simms looked very good against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Smith looked bad against the same type people.

Their both very young players.  Right now Simms has outplayed Smith.  Why should Smith get the #2 spot?  Because he's a 2nd round pick?  Make him ear that #2 spot.

He hasn't

I thought Idzik was all about open competition? Isnt that what we read about all spring?

Archived