Jets bringing in QBs.

joewilly12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why aren't the Jets embracing this as their chance to suck for Clowney alla the 2011 Colts did for Luck? Yea Clowney isn't a QB, but he is possibly the best defensive prospect to come out ever!

If Geno develops into a quality starting QB, then I'd love to add Clowney.  If he doesn't, the Jets HAVE to get a QB.  Period.  QB  is THE most important position on any team and trumps even the glaring need of the Jets for a stud pass rushing OLB.

amazing how we have two QBs in Mcelroy & Simms and they arent even getting a breath of airtime. this organization is rotten on the inside. Seriously bringing in any of these guys is a slap in the face to fans.

One thousand percent agree,..Kurt Warner was literally a punchline when Trent Green went down,..now I'm obviously not comparing either one of these guys to Warner but just saying...what the hell, Matt Leinart?..jeez.

amazing how we have two QBs in Mcelroy & Simms and they arent even getting a breath of airtime. this organization is rotten on the inside. Seriously bringing in any of these guys is a slap in the face to fans. 

It makes no sense.  That was the last "real" pre-season game.  If Sanchez is out for a couple of weeks, if he gets PUP'ed, or even if he's out for the season, what does it matter? We have 3 QBs on the roster.  If there was an available 4th that the team already thinks is an upgrade to Simms or McElroy or both, then what the hell are they doing dicking around with those two guys all summer long? 

We need 3 QBs.  In Sanchez's absence, we have 3 QBs.

Unless they think Geno is a better option than the 2 guys duking it out for the #3 job BUT they don't want to put him in just yet out of fear of him panicking his way into picking up bad habits that are hard to break out of.  Even still, a Trent Edwards could have been had for the veteran minimum (on the cap) so he isn't going to appreciably cost more than a McElroy or Simms (one of whom would be cut loose to offset the difference).  Maybe another $300-500K at the most.  I'm not big on throwing money away on a lost season, but the position dictates that it's treated differently than picking up another stop-gap corner for an extra $400K that we won't be able to carry over to 2014.

Either way, there's something uneasy/unsettling going on behind closed doors if they bring in another QB.  

It makes no sense.  That was the last "real" pre-season game.  If Sanchez is out for a couple of weeks, if he gets PUP'ed, or even if he's out for the season, what does it matter? We have 3 QBs on the roster.  If there was an available 4th that the team already thinks is an upgrade to Simms or McElroy or both, then what the hell are they doing dicking around with those two guys all summer long? 

We need 3 QBs.  In Sanchez's absence, we have 3 QBs.

Unless they think Geno is a better option than the 2 guys duking it out for the #3 job BUT they don't want to put him in just yet out of fear of him panicking his way into picking up bad habits that are hard to break out of.  Even still, a Trent Edwards could have been had for the veteran minimum (on the cap) so he isn't going to appreciably cost more than a McElroy or Simms (one of whom would be cut loose to offset the difference).  Maybe another $300-500K at the most.  I'm not big on throwing money away on a lost season, but the position dictates that it's treated differently than picking up another stop-gap corner for an extra $400K that we won't be able to carry over to 2014.

Either way, there's something uneasy/unsettling going on behind closed doors if they bring in another QB.  

I agree.  Part of me would love to be a fly on the wall in the room where the discussions are ongoing, but another part of me knows it would probably just make me sick, angry and very frustrated.

I agree.  Part of me would love to be a fly on the wall in the room where the discussions are ongoing, but another part of me knows it would probably just make me sick, angry and very frustrated.

lol

Yeah it's probably a good thing none of us are in the room where we could hear what was going on but not be able to yell at any of them (or worse), as would be appropriate with some of this stuff.

Well, Leinart signed with the Bills, John Beck was never scheduled, and Trent Edwards was already signed in Chicago. Time for someone to take Gil Brandt out behind the woodshed.

Didn't realize that he was the one who gave the names of the QBs the Jets were gonna bring in.  IMO they shouldn't bring anyone in.  They have 3 QBs on the roster and didn't bring in another vet after Garrard retired, and they should just go with what they have.  It's a win-win situation.  They don't use up any cap space, Geno gets a chance to develop on the job and prove himself and/or Simms or McElroy get a chance to prove themselves.  If one of the present QBs develop and proves to be a quality starter, great.   If two do, it's gravy.  If none of them do and the team finishes with a top 3 draft pick, they really didn't lose anything, and since it's a rebuilding year, it will actually benefit the team by accelerating their rebuild by having much better draft position.

Archived