Clearly Idzik was behind this

Jetsfan80

All summer long we've heard about how Idzik was rooting for Geno to win the job, and that he was even trying to HELP him win it.

After 3 Geno interceptions, Idzik panicked.  He saw his young 2nd rounder's chances at winning the Week 1 starting nod going down the tubes.  So, despite Sanchez having an infected toenail and thinking he had the night off, Idzik demanded Sanchez enter the game with only the 2's and 3's on the line to protect him.

Now he suffers a potential long-term injury, and its Geno time.

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

The only reason your faking this excitement is because Geno isnt Sanchez.

Problem is, Sanchez's rookie preseason looked a hell of a lot more competent than Geno's.

And, the "Jets problems have been that Rex is saddled with a bad QB" crew, now have sealed Rex's demise, as this was the final nail in the coffin.

The only reason your faking this excitement is because Geno isnt Sanchez.

Problem is, Sanchez's rookie preseason looked a hell of a lot more competent than Geno's.

Sanchez played in a pro-style offense, Geno did not.

Certainly not excited, but last night just took our season from bad to still bad.  So, honestly, who cares?

Certainly not excited, but last night just took our season from bad to still bad.  So, honestly, who cares?

I care. I was hoping Geno could be the answer. Granted, its still very early....but I guess I should change my expectations on the season from excited to watch a rookie QB develop with a good defense behind him...to which number is Clowney going to wear next year.

I care. I was hoping Geno could be the answer. Granted, its still very early....but I guess I should change my expectations on the season from excited to watch a rookie QB develop with a good defense behind him...to which number is Clowney going to wear next year.

Lay down for the Clown?

Any worse than suck for Luck?

It took it from bad to unwatchable. "Unhappy present leading to a maybe brighter future" is much better than "abso-f*cking-lutely miserable present leading to a maybe brighter future."

We're going to have the best defensive line in the history of ever and still lose games because we score -78 points.

You're being very hard on Geno.  Yes, he made some mistakes, but they are all very correctable.  He showed a lot to be excited about.  He's got a great future. This is going to be fantastic learning experience for him.

The future is bright.  Very bright. 

Dude, Geno has two major problems:

1. He needs to add 15 pounds of muscle.

2. He doesn't know anything yet.

These are fixable things, imo. I wouldn't write him off for a year. He seems tough enough, he seems smart, and he doesn't look intimidated. He just looks poorly coached.

These are fixable things, imo. I wouldn't write him off for a year. He seems tough enough, he seems smart, and he doesn't look intimidated. He just looks poorly coached.

The future is bright.  Kids got mad potential.  I see big things in Geno, big things. 

Idzik can't want his hand picked QB starting after what he saw last night.

Where does this 'handpicked' come from.  Idzik didn't move up to get him.  He took two players before he picked Geno and there were no rumors of an attempt to trade down in round 1 to target Geno.  He didn't expect him to be there in round 2.  By all accounts, Geno fell to the Jets rather unexpectedly so Idzik played the draft board as it was drawn up. 

That's not 'hand-picked'.  That's opportunistic.

Well, if it's what you're expecting, we're going to have to pass on Clowney for Bridgewater.

It took it from bad to unwatchable. "Unhappy present leading to a maybe brighter future" is much better than "abso-f*cking-lutely miserable present leading to a maybe brighter future."

What did a Sanchez injury have to do with a brighter future.

Geno is what he is, and he can develop, or he wont.  Last night was pretty much irrelevant in that regard.  He's not ready.  That's clear.  Nothing else that happened changed much as to what this season is and is going to be.

Where does this 'handpicked' come from.  Idzik didn't move up to get him.  He took two players before he picked Geno and there were no rumors of an attempt to trade down in round 1 to target Geno.  He didn't expect him to be there in round 2.  By all accounts, Geno fell to the Jets rather unexpectedly so Idzik played the draft board as it was drawn up. 

That's not 'hand-picked'.  That's opportunistic.

Agreed.  That's what made it a great pick regardless of how it works out.  Geno is no risk, high reward, and can be dumped at any time.  There's literally no downside.  Hopefully he pans out, if not, the investment was minimal.

Hopefully those 'big things' aren't his eyes staring down a receiver.

I was impressed with Geno, even with the mistakes.  He's got a great head on his shoulders, looked confident, never got rattled.  Bounced back each time from the turnovers and made some nice decisions and throws.  The INT's were minor.  The first one was a little behind Spadola but should have been caught.  He needed to fight harder for that one.  The second one was the right read, to an open receiver, the ball just sailed on him a bit.  More experience and thats a big gainer in the future.  There 3rd one is something he's probably rarely seen.  It was a solid play by Tuck.  The safety was frustrating but he clearly was trying to get outside the box and throw it away, he just lost control of his feet.  

He looked comfortable out there IMO.  Some throws were very impressive, putting them in the perfect spot.  He runs the screen play very well, which is something Sanchez struggles with and this team looks like they can run effectively.  He was looking to make plays. I liked it.  There was a lot of good out there that is hard for most to see because of the mistakes.  But you've got to put things in perspective, it was his first start, in the preseason.  

The future is bright.  Kids got mad potential.  I see big things in Geno, big things. 

He was tentative. Duh. Raw rook. First pro start EVER.   Stuff like this happens.  How people can have informed opinions based on one game beats me.  Hopefully the mistakes, which are Sanchez like, can be coached away.  Nobody could ever do it with Mark.  He makes them to this day.

My take away as well, we've seen Sanchez, we've already seen him throw a pick size to a DL in this preseason. If he's seriously injured then maybe we win 2 games instead of 7..  meh

What did a Sanchez injury have to do with a brighter future.

Geno is what he is, and he can develop, or he wont.  Last night was pretty much irrelevant in that regard.  He's not ready.  That's clear.  Nothing else that happened changed much as to what this season is and is going to be.

It had to do with a miserable present. Don't be purposefully thick. Watching Sanchez be Sanchez and winning 6 or 7 games while Geno developed and ultimately came in was a bearable prospect. Watching Geno develop right before our eyes while winning maybe 2 or 3 games isn't going to be fun. At all.

I was impressed with Geno, even with the mistakes.  He's got a great head on his shoulders, looked confident, never got rattled.  Bounced back each time from the turnovers and made some nice decisions and throws.  The INT's were minor.  The first one was a little behind Spadola but should have been caught.  He needed to fight harder for that one.  The second one was the right read, to an open receiver, the ball just sailed on him a bit.  More experience and thats a big gainer in the future.  There 3rd one is something he's probably rarely seen.  It was a solid play by Tuck.  The safety was frustrating but he clearly was trying to get outside the box and throw it away, he just lost control of his feet.  

He looked comfortable out there IMO.  Some throws were very impressive, putting them in the perfect spot.  He runs the screen play very well, which is something Sanchez struggles with and this team looks like they can run effectively.  He was looking to make plays. I liked it.  There was a lot of good out there that is hard for most to see because of the mistakes.  But you've got to put things in perspective, it was his first start, in the preseason.  

I was impressed too generally.  He seemed to play smart in spite of the safety towards the end, and as you say, all of the interceptions were correctable mistakes.  He has an excellent arm.  He dropped that pass into Hill's lap over the top in the second half.  Sanchez maybe makes that throw occasionally; I think Geno can do that on demand as the situations calls for it. Mark is accurate, but he can't throw a screen pass to save his life, and he can't go over the top like Geno did on that throw with the consistency that Geno can.  That said, Geno isn't ready.  I like his awareness. I like his potential. I like his arm.  Still, he should be on the bench for at least 7-8 games if not the whole seaons, and now with Mark's injury, we're risking both Geno's development and the chance at a wildcard.  I really believe that this could have been a wildcard team with Sanchez as the starter. Now, I would say we have a shot at 6-7 wins if everything goes well. Stupid move by Rex.  Sanchez should have never seen the field in the second half behin the the third string line.  Completely freakin' brainless.

You're being very hard on Geno.  Yes, he made some mistakes, but they are all very correctable.  He showed a lot to be excited about.  He's got a great future. This is going to be fantastic learning experience for him.

The future is bright.  Very bright. 

Geno Orlovsky. At least Mark had 4 years before he bottomed out with buttfumble. Geno imploded in his first starting game in preseason. 

I too am a little annoyed the coaching staff hasn't gotten him up to snuff yet. It's preseason week 3 of his rookie year and he's still turning the ball over and taking safeties...It's like, what the H yo! 

Wow the freak out on here is crazy! Haha For a fanbase that has watched Sanchez have worse regular season games, in his 4th season, than Geno's first start ever, I'm shocked how hard on him everyone is being.

Do you guys remember that Cardinals game last year? Nightmare. Way worse than what I saw from Geno last night and that was a 4th year starter from a pro style offense in a regular season game. I too thought Geno did some good things and even though I dont like seeing players hurt on the team I love, I hope this gives Geno a chance to grow. Do I think hes ready? No. But do I think playing him now is gonna **** him up for good? Not at all. Give him a chance and let him learn from mistakes and we'll see what happens.

I can tolerate these mistakes from a rookie but I cant from a 5th year guy.

In other news...Christine Michael looked good for the Seahawks...what we need is more football players with female names...puts a chip on their shoulder...play tougher for some reason...wasn't John Wayne really named Marion?

Yep, Marion Meriweather.

You sure didn't sound like it last night.  Was that alcohol talking?  Last night you were calling him a rag-armed bum (in so many words).  How about giving the kid a break?  If he hasn't shown anything by the end of the season, then we ALL will pile on him.  He's not a bust yet.

You sure didn't sound like it last night.  Was that alcohol talking?  Last night you were calling him a rag-armed bum (in so many words).  How about giving the kid a break?  If he hasn't shown anything by the end of the season, then we ALL will pile on him.  He's not a bust yet.

This.

Archived