Jets cut Joe McKnight & 13 other new free agents

Lizard King

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 guys who haven't done a whole helluva lot here the last few years. Time to move on.

Oh, OK

To who?   Milliner isn't on the field, and has sucked when he was. The last three times  I've seen Smith on the field he has be less then convincing.  Saturday 3 picks and a safety.  Two weeks ago, 14 unimpressive snaps and a sprained ankle, an awful game in the Pinstripe Bowl in which he gave up 2 safeties.  Not exactly on a role.  Petermen's  been  cut, and the rookie doesn't look at all ready  

Oh, OK

To who?   Milliner isn't on the field, and has sucked when he was. The last three times  I've seen Smith on the field he has be less then convincing.  Saturday 3 picks and a safety.  Two weeks ago, 14 unimpressive snaps and a sprained ankle, an awful game in the Pinstripe Bowl in which he gave up 2 safeties.  Not exactly on a role.  Petermen's  been  cut, and the rookie doesn't look at all ready  

Mark Sanchez has had multiple 3 pick games many pick 6s and you are defending him? 

Oh, OK

I was hoping they'd cut Milliner, Winters and Ivory - because those guys truly havent contributed a thing.  Like literally, nothing!  Not sure why we're wasting a roster space.

Mark Sanchez has had multiple 3 pick games many pick 6s and you are defending him? 

Not at all,

Didn't like Sanchez when he was drafted, and every one was running victory laps.  It's just that he is the best QB on the team right now.  When the Jets get a better QB I'm all for replacing him.

Simms? 

I was hoping they'd cut Milliner, Winters and Ivory - because those guys truly havent contributed a thing.  Like literally, nothing!  Not sure why we're wasting a roster space.

I agree.

Maybe we could get 3 guys off JN's flag football team to plug in.  You can play corner can't ya JiF?

Not at all,

Didn't like Sanchez when he was drafted, and every one was running victory laps.  It's just that he is the best QB on the team right now.  When the Jets get a better QB I'm all for replacing him.

Simms? 

Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL I want a change I don't care who it is Smith,McElroy, Simms or ?  

This team in chaos we have a head coach who is fighting for his job and not making rationale decisions.

Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL I want a change I don't care who it is Smith,McElroy, Simms or ?  

This team in chaos we have a head coach who is fighting for his job and not making rationale decisions.

Yep

Good ole Mr. Anybody Else.   I guess he could play both ways for Sanchez and Wilson, but as good as he is, not sure he can play two offensive positions at the same time at both guard and QB.  Guess he could give it a try

So Ducasse is going to "get it" in the final year of his rookie deal, when we're rebuilding? So we burn a 2nd round pick and get nothing out of him while we're contenders (or could have been contenders or whatever).  Then when we're gutted he decides to turn the light on.  So now to keep him when he's actually useful, in a season that's not deep-6'd in the spring, it'll cost us a veteran/FA contract.  That's just peachy.

the Jets have so much cap space next season, they could sign 100 Vlads. If anyone is worried about the salary cap they should go to Jason's page and learn about it. They have so much room right now. In fact they are way under the floor. So they gotta pay someone. 

Meanwhile the guy's history born in Haiti, not playing football until he was 14, it lends itself to a long development process. Vlad Ducasse was never going to be a first year starter. James Farrior was an American, born in America and it took him 4 years to turn good. His first 3 seasons were a waste, after he leaves the Jets he became an all pro. It does occasionally happen. Vlad has the physical skills to be an elite guard, it was always just a matter of learning and growing up. 

Today, little baby's all growsed up. 

Mcknight is a disgrace. I was very pissed when we got rid of leon and basically drafted him as a replacement.  I know it was cause of leons wife but he was dynamic.  Mcknight never seemed to give 2 sh'ts about football.  Maybe this is a wake up call and he will actually dedicate himself to the game and turn it around somewhere else

Yep

Good ole Mr. Anybody Else.   I guess he could play both ways for Sanchez and Wilson, but as good as he is, not sure he can play two offensive positions at the same time at both guard and QB.  Guess he could give it a try

Mr.Anybody Else? 

I gave you 3 names Id rather see Geno Smith,Greg McElroy or Matt Simms.

Try reading before posting and defending guys who suck. Im a firm believer a lot of Jets fans like losing.

I'm a little torn on the Peterman cut. On the downside, it's another failed veteran pickup by Idzik. But on the plus side, they saw that he wasn't working out and cut a brand new free agent pickup before the season started. That's something that never would've happened during the Bradway-Tannenbaum years.

Yeah, agree with this.  Obviously it turned out to be a poor signing, but that's part of the risk of trying to get veteran players while spending absolutely no money in the process.  It's certainly a disappointment, but on the other hand, the idea that Idzik is clearly willing to own up to his issues and not saddle this team with garbage "just because" is at least somewhat refreshing.  Especially in a year like this, you don't want to see the team cutting players who have more potential just to let the GM feel better about himself making a garbage signing.

Mr.Anybody Else?

I gave you 3 names Id rather see Geno Smith,Greg McElroy or Matt Simms.

Try reading before posting and defending guys who suck. Im a firm believer a lot of Jets fans like losing.

you're going to lose a lot of games with Smith, McElroy, and Simms right now.

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 8s
Jets release Braylon Edwards. Idzik cuts a sentimental favorite.

This team is in shambles on every aspect. 1 of the better WRs on the roster?  Rex Ryan is a poor talent evaluator and very poor decision maker. The proof is evident.

1969.....................................................and counting.

Not surprising.  Holmes coming off the PUP was the final nail in his coffin, at least for now.  He's got a chance to come back after week 1 if there's any issues (particularly health related) at the position, but that's about it.

New England will sign Braylon Edwards.

Mcknight is a disgrace. I was very pissed when we got rid of leon and basically drafted him as a replacement.  I know it was cause of leons wife but he was dynamic.  Mcknight never seemed to give 2 sh'ts about football.  Maybe this is a wake up call and he will actually dedicate himself to the game and turn it around somewhere else

Huh?  Leon's wife?  What did she have to do with anything? Have I forgotten something?

Archived