Jets cut Joe McKnight & 13 other new free agents

Lizard King

Mr.Anybody Else? 

I gave you 3 names Id rather see Geno Smith,Greg McElroy or Matt Simms.

Try reading before posting and defending guys who suck. Im a firm believer a lot of Jets fans like losing.

Speaking of reading before posting, I've already mentioned to you that I'm not defending Sanchez.  Never liked the guy.  The other guys you've mentioned  at this point in time suck worst then Sanchez.

If your advocating playing to throw every game this year in order to get Teddy Bridgewater, well then your strategy of cutting Wilson, Vlad and Sanchez is brilliant.

Otherwise, well not so bright

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was making all kinds of crazy tweets or posts when the whole contract thing was going on.  Great fun

I didn't remember that.  All I remember is that Leon was coming off that major injury and wanted a lot more money than the Jets were willing to give.

I didn't remember that.  All I remember is that Leon was coming off that major injury and wanted a lot more money than the Jets were willing to give.

He should have put a sock in her mouth..........or something.  She decided to make herself his, personal advertising agency.  It always goes well when wife's do that.

Sorry to hear about Braylon getting cut.  I was one of the people really touting him for the Jets, but the fact of the matter is he just didn't seem to have anything left.  Doesn't look like the knee ever really healed.

Plus a few of the younger, cheaper guys are flat out playing him.  It was fun Bray

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 8s

Jets release Braylon Edwards. Idzik cuts a sentimental favorite.

This team is in shambles on every aspect. 1 of the better WRs on the roster?  Rex Ryan is a poor talent evaluator and very poor decision maker. The proof is evident.

1969.....................................................and counting.

What did Rex have to do with this?  Who did Rex cut that went on to do better elsewhere? I think that list constitutes Danny Woodhead. This guy was sitting on his couch more than once over the past two years.  Why not complain they cut Faneca?

Speaking of reading before posting, I've already mentioned to you that I'm not defending Sanchez.  Never liked the guy.  The other guys you've mentioned  at this point in time suck worst then Sanchez.

If your advocating playing to throw every game this year in order to get Teddy Bridgewater, well then your strategy of cutting Wilson, Vlad and Sanchez is brilliant.

Otherwise, well not so bright

We drafted a QB id rather play for Clowney.  We wasted some very good picks on Wilson,Vlad and Sanchez we should have had players that are contributing to this teams success instead of these guys.

Sanchez really sucks I doubt those guys could play worse even their worst days.

I don't advocate to to throw games I want my team to win every game.

Is Idzik in reality any better than Tannenbaum? 

What did Rex have to do with this?  Who did Rex cut that went on to do better elsewhere? I think that list constitutes Danny Woodhead. This guy was sitting on his couch more than once over the past two years.  Why not complain they cut Faneca?

Rex is making the personnel decisions if you think he isnt guess again.

Rex is making the personnel decisions if you think he isnt guess again.

Link?  Even if he is, who did he cut that is any good?  Braylon has been on the street three times in the past two years.  He is not highly sought after.  Who did Rex cut that performed well?  Woodhead?  Jenkins, Faneca, Tomlinson, Richardson, Woody and Moore are all out of the league.  Jones left and played eh and is out of the league. The team didn't miss him.  Who are you complaining about?  Clemens? Rhodes?  hahaha.  Leon?  The guys they brought in?  Fair enough, but what does that have to do with this has-been that isn't even healthy enough to practice and will probably be re-signed on September 16th?

We drafted a QB id rather play for Clowney.  We wasted some very good picks on Wilson,Vlad and Sanchez we should have had players that are contributing to this teams success instead of these guys.

Sanchez really sucks I doubt those guys could play worse even their worst days.

I don't advocate to to throw games I want my team to win every game.

Is Idzik in reality any better than Tannenbaum? 

But those picks were Tannenbaums, not Idziks...

And how can you even judge Idzik against Tanny right now....the season hasn't even started yet...we can't even put a fair evaluation on his offseason moves bc we haven't seen any of them play in reg season yet...i know that Richardson guy is lookin pretty damn good thou

Give a draft three years to determine if it is successful.  Give a GM three months. 

Yeah we are quick to call out - give these draft picks and the GM a chance before we call for thir heads- like maybe one regular season game

I'm a little torn on the Peterman cut. On the downside, it's another failed veteran pickup by Idzik. But on the plus side, they saw that he wasn't working out and cut a brand new free agent pickup before the season started. That's something that never would've happened during the Bradway-Tannenbaum years.

I don't consider some of Idzik's pickups to be pickups in the traditional sense.  I consider some of what he has done to be dumpster diving, and very hit or miss.

I don't consider some of Idzik's pickups to be pickups in the traditional sense.  I consider some of what he has done to be dumpster diving, and very hit or miss.

If his draft picks turn out to be good,  hit or miss throw away free agents to build a team every year are worth the risks.  But if his draft picks suck,  and his free agent pickups are just terrible or don't even play,  it' becomes a sad state of affairs.   

We really can't judge the rookies at this point.  But in this day and age, it's always about the here and now.   If some other teams picks wind up with pro bowl numbers while your guys wind up warming the bench, if that, then you'll be blasted.    And sometimes deservedly so.     The Revis vs Millner debate will go on for years.  And if Revis and the Bucs make the playoffs while Millner struggles and the Jets are 3-13,  why wouldnt' people say something.   

It's easy to say something after the fact.  Yeah if Milner becomes just as good as Revis in 3-4 years,  people will jump on the bandwagon.  But if the Bucs win and the Jets stink for 3-4 years,  it wasn't really an improvement.  And QBs are always rated.   EJ Manual vs Geno Smith will be this years defacto "who is better" and considering it's the Bills and Jets, even more so.   If they both suck, nobody cares. If one is good and the other sucks, people will compare.   That's the way it always is and always should be.     Everybody wants to predict the future.  

If his draft picks turn out to be good,  hit or miss throw away free agents to build a team every year are worth the risks.  But if his draft picks suck,  and his free agent pickups are just terrible or don't even play,  it' becomes a sad state of affairs.   

We really can't judge the rookies at this point.  But in this day and age, it's always about the here and now.   If some other teams picks wind up with pro bowl numbers while your guys wind up warming the bench, if that, then you'll be blasted.    And sometimes deservedly so.     The Revis vs Millner debate will go on for years.  And if Revis and the Bucs make the playoffs while Millner struggles and the Jets are 3-13,  why wouldnt' people say something.   

It's easy to say something after the fact.  Yeah if Milner becomes just as good as Revis in 3-4 years,  people will jump on the bandwagon.  But if the Bucs win and the Jets stink for 3-4 years,  it wasn't really an improvement.  And QBs are always rated.   EJ Manual vs Geno Smith will be this years defacto "who is better" and considering it's the Bills and Jets, even more so.   If they both suck, nobody cares. If one is good and the other sucks, people will compare.   That's the way it always is and always should be.     Everybody wants to predict the future.  

But with more money to spend, they could make better pickups.  They had no money this year.

+1

Peterman isn't and wasn't enough of a guy to have been considered even a mid-tier FA signing. 

I agree. I think that is why he went for a bunch of guys with injury histories.  If they are healthy they are more likely to contribute.  If not, they aren't blocking anybody.  

I agree with this, but I don't expect the guy to continue the bargain basement FA shopping.  I think that was one time thing. The cap situation should be fairly tenable next season.  He will be able to make some moves and add some bodies.  At least mid-level guys rather than this.

I'm a little torn on the Peterman cut. On the downside, it's another failed veteran pickup by Idzik. But on the plus side, they saw that he wasn't working out and cut a brand new free agent pickup before the season started. That's something that never would've happened during the Bradway-Tannenbaum years.

Thank God they cut their losses.  He is the type of OL that can get your QB killed -- not that it matters much with the Jets.  He has statistically been at the bottom of a steaming, stinking pile of O-lineman when it comes to pass protection.  The Lion's were smart to get rid of him before Stafford suffered permanent injury.  Glad he is hitting the road.

I agree. I think that is why he went for a bunch of guys with injury histories.  If they are healthy they are more likely to contribute.  If not, they aren't blocking anybody.  

I agree with this, but I don't expect the guy to continue the bargain basement FA shopping.  I think that was one time thing. The cap situation should be fairly tenable next season.  He will be able to make some moves and add some bodies.  At least mid-level guys rather than this.

Hope your right, but not sure.  if I'm not mistaken they have like $10,000,000 in cap space right now

Archived