Sal Palen on Mike Lupi

CobraVerde

The final three observations he made.

1. After Genos first nfl touchdown Rex Ryan ignored him. Ryan went to the offensive line and congratulated them but not Geno.

2. No one rushed to Sanchez after his injury.

3. Guys gravitate toward Matt Simms and people want to be around him. He noticed how he got the sideline riled up.

Matt Simms is the Darkhorse. Watch..that kid is going to be special. I hope the Jets try and develop Matt, he is a good qb just waiting for a chance.

LL

realistically what are the chances that the Jets can develop a young QB and ever actually give him a chance to compete for the job?   

In all reality Simms probably gets injured on Thursday night...that's just what happens to this franchise.  

Matt Simms is the Darkhorse. Watch..that kid is going to be special. I hope the Jets try and develop Matt, he is a good qb just waiting for a chance.

LL

I agree, the kid deserves a shot with the 1's in a game situation to see what he has. 

realistically what are the chances that the Jets can develop a young QB and ever actually give him a chance to compete for the job?   

In all reality Simms probably gets injured on Thursday night...that's just what happens to this franchise.  

Idk about that. Son of a Giants QB legend? Playing for Buddy Ryan's son? Beating the Belicheck legend? This may be just the guy to break the SOJ curse. lol

I think MM has a ver good track record with developing QB's, if they keep Rex out of the room this year, and MM stays around, he could have Simms ready to start in the NFL by sometime next season if he really is a guy who can be developed.  The big question is does Matt Simms have the type of talent that can be developed to be an NFL QB?  He has the pedigree, and the arm, but does he have everything else?  I know he was a very immature self proclaimed douchebag, but says he cleaned up his act after being humbled by playing in JuCo for a year, and nobody had anything really bad to say about him since he left Louisville, but you did see that P Rivers/J Cutler douche bag come out of him after he threw that TD pass (I have nothing against being a douche bag, but you HAVE to back it up, and be the MAN on the field if you act like that, IE Tom Brady), but does anyone have any real scouting report on him that says he could be an NFL QB talent wise?

If he scores touchdowns he can celebrate all he wants. That flag was part of the bs no celebrating rule that was instilled this year. I think you're reaching hating on a guy for celebrating a touchdown.

I have no problem with that, but you can't do that with a stat line that can back it up, or a winning team to back it up, you act like that when your losing by 24, or are 3-10, and it is because you suck at your job, then it is a BIG problem.  I am not calling him out for that celebration, just saying I can see where the Douchebag lable might fit down the road, but again IF he is a Douche, and wins awesome, where do I sign!!

I think MM has a ver good track record with developing QB's, if they keep Rex out of the room this year, and MM stays around, he could have Simms ready to start in the NFL by sometime next season if he really is a guy who can be developed. The big question is does Matt Simms have the type of talent that can be developed to be an NFL QB? He has the pedigree, and the arm, but does he have everything else? I know he was a very immature self proclaimed douchebag, but says he cleaned up his act after being humbled by playing in JuCo for a year, and nobody had anything really bad to say about him since he left Louisville, but you did see that P Rivers/J Cutler douche bag come out of him after he threw that TD pass (I have nothing against being a douche bag, but you HAVE to back it up, and be the MAN on the field if you act like that, IE Tom Brady), but does anyone have any real scouting report on him that says he could be an NFL QB talent wise?

the douchebag that came out after the TD? I thought that penalty was ridiculous, Simms barely did anything.

the douchebag that came out after the TD? I thought that penalty was ridiculous, Simms barely did anything.

I love that emotion he showed, but that is labeled in the douchebag category from every opposing fan of any QB who does this, like Cutler, Rivers, and yes Tom Brady, if he is your guy you love it, but if he isn't you F'N HATE IT WITH A PASSION, AND CALL HIM A DOUCHE!!!!  Some guys thou will still act like a Douche even when they suck, and it is not appropriate, for example Kyle Wilson the man pounds his chest after he gets burnt like toast, but the QB over threw the wide open WR, that to me is a ******* Douche.  If a QB does this while sucking, and being down 24 points, or having a really bad season then yea he is a douche.

see above post ^

Now imagine the same guy doing this to you 2 to 3 times a year, getting the better of you, and celebrating all in your face (like T Brady does to every team he beats) he becomes a douche, but you respect that douche.  Look at my example I used with K Wilson he is a Douche, but one you have zero respect for, thats all I am saying.

I actually thing the best players in the league are some of the biggest douche bags in the world, so I am not saying there is anything wrong with it as long as he can contiue to back it up.

I think MM has a ver good track record with developing QB's, if they keep Rex out of the room this year, and MM stays around, he could have Simms ready to start in the NFL by sometime next season if he really is a guy who can be developed.  The big question is does Matt Simms have the type of talent that can be developed to be an NFL QB?  He has the pedigree, and the arm, but does he have everything else?  I know he was a very immature self proclaimed douchebag, but says he cleaned up his act after being humbled by playing in JuCo for a year, and nobody had anything really bad to say about him since he left Louisville, but you did see that P Rivers/J Cutler douche bag come out of him after he threw that TD pass (I have nothing against being a douche bag, but you HAVE to back it up, and be the MAN on the field if you act like that, IE Tom Brady), but does anyone have any real scouting report on him that says he could be an NFL QB talent wise?

why would it take over a whole effin year?  We are about to ask Geno to command our #1s after a couple of months.

why would it take over a whole effin year?  We are about to ask Geno to command our #1s after a couple of months.

To be quite honest, I can't ever see Rex Ryan consider starting Simms while trying to save his job, and I also can't see Idzik let Simms take starting reps in a lost season over his draft pick in G Smith.  I also think Simms could use another year of coaching from an O-Coordinator instilling his system into him kinda like A Rodgers got, not just learning the playbook, but becoming the playbook if that makes sense, almost reinventing himself.

To be quite honest, I can't ever see Rex Ryan consider starting Simms while trying to save his job, and I also can't see Idzik let Simms take starting reps in a lost season over his draft pick in G Smith.  I also think Simms could use another year of coaching from an O-Coordinator instilling his system into him kinda like A Rodgers got, not just learning the playbook, but becoming the playbook if that makes sense, almost reinventing himself.

This is really the problem with Woody insisting that Rex be kept around after firing Tbum. The more I see the more I think that either Tbum, Rex and SanchNO should have been all tied together at the hip, either keep them all this season, or fire them all last season. If this thing goes south this year, we are a year behind in our rebuild, and Idzig is one year closer to be out the door if thing dont turn around quick. I have never been a fan of Woody, he is a very bad owner IMO.

continue burying your head in the sand...

after geno score he ran way around the bench near the stadium wall.  I guess rex doesn't love him or want him to do well since he didn't go way over there to give him huggies ?

the only time a hurt player gets a reaction from NFL players is after a cheap shot or when he's KO'd.  this isn't girl scouts

so is simms an alpha male ?  BFD

this is just the media stirring sh*t up about the QB's.  

after geno score he ran way around the bench near the stadium wall.  I guess rex doesn't love him or want him to do well since he didn't go way over there to give him huggies ?

the only time a hurt player gets a reaction from NFL players is after a cheap shot or when he's KO'd.  this isn't girl scouts

so is simms an alpha male ?  BFD

this is just the media stirring sh*t up about the QB's.  

listen to the interview im sure its up somewhere and then youll understand. First NFL touchdown for your supposed future QB that youre trying to rush into the starting position and you dont even give him a high five? come on, thats obvious hating... I wonder if he high fived Sanchez?

I agree, the kid deserves a shot with the 1's in a game situation to see what he has. 

He deserves it, sure.  So do whole lot of other kids.  I don't see Simms developing into anything.  Does the name Brett Ratliff mean anything to you?

It's way to early to say this but here's what I think about Smith.

He is a very decent pure passer.  He can throw accurately with zip.  He won't be good enough to take the Jets deep in the playoffs though when this team is ready to make a move.  He doesn't make quick reads of the defense or he locks up mentally (not unlike Mark) when he shouldn't  To put it bluntly he may be just good enough to get you beat.  He will tantalize with his raw talent though.

I realize that's unfair because he hasn't played a real game yet...but that's what I see. 

He deserves it, sure.  So do whole lot of other kids.  I don't see Simms developing into anything.  Does the name Brett Ratliff mean anything to you?

why not? what has geno showed you so far that simms hasn't.  Why would a proven failure in sanchez give you more hope? I won't even comment on noodle arm McElroy. There is no concrete reason showing that Simms couldn't be legit....vice virsa too but hell, what do we got to lose.....what would make me respect Idzik more is seeing him call Simms # bc he is playing better rather than forcing it on Geno just bc he drafted him high. You make mistakes in the draft, it happens.....Geno maybe shoulda been a 3rd or 4th rounder with the way he is playing now.  Plus, do you not see the rocket Simms has for an arm?! And his energy is clearly contagious to the rest of the team....maybe even Holmes will even get on board with someone like him

enough with the conspiracy crap

I can't wait intil izdik cleanses the circus.  too bad it's gonna take another off season

If he's been forcing the issue with Geno, then it may take longer than that.  No decent HC may want to take the job if they know that Idzik is going to be interfering with who starts.

why not? what has geno showed you so far that simms hasn't.  Why would a proven failure in sanchez give you more hope? I won't even comment on noodle arm McElroy. There is no concrete reason showing that Simms couldn't be legit....vice virsa too but hell, what do we got to lose.....what would make me respect Idzik more is seeing him call Simms # bc he is playing better rather than forcing it on Geno just bc he drafted him high. You make mistakes in the draft, it happens.....Geno maybe shoulda been a 3rd or 4th rounder with the way he is playing now.  Plus, do you not see the rocket Simms has for an arm?! And his energy is clearly contagious to the rest of the team....maybe even Holmes will even get on board with someone like him

Okay, I'm all for it.  Let's hope you're right.  Really at the rate we're going in McElroy will be starting in Week one.  I believe in a player's "energy". Good points.

Simms was never a good player in college In spite of his big arm.  When he came to the Jets I figured it was a favor to his father.  When he was still on the team when OTA's open I posted" what is he still doing to the team, he's awful"

Got to say he has really intrigued me the last two weeks.  Last week 5-5, looked good.  This week think it was 10-14 with two drops a TD and a crazy 70 yard pass.   What an arm the kid has.  that 70'er to Spandola was incredible.  He was on the run threw form one step off the goal line, across his body, and off his back foot.  LOL.  Spandola caught it at the 40 on a line.  I've watched the play like 20 times on the replay.  Still impressed

It's fun to find a player every year that is a long shot to be a game changer.  Of course most of them go bust.  His father was certainly an excellent player, kids got a monster arm, so why not Simms?  Having the monster arm is about 70% of the battle.

I want to see him quite a bit against the Eagles.

Yeah, so do the names Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, well you get my point.

Simms was never a good player in college In spite of his big arm.  When he came to the Jets I figured it was a favor to his father.  When he was still on the team when OTA's open I posted" what is he still doing to the team, he's awful"

Got to say he has really intrigued me the last two weeks.  Last week 5-5, looked good.  This week think it was 10-14 with two drops a TD and a crazy 70 yard pass.   What an arm the kid has.  that 70'er to Spandola was incredible.  He was on the run threw form one step off the goal line, across his body, and off his back foot.  LOL.  Spandola caught it at the 40 on a line.  I've watched the play like 20 times on the replay.  Still impressed

It's fun to find a player every year that is a long shot to be a game changer.  Of course most of them go bust.  His father was certainly an excellent player, kids got a monster arm, so why not Simms?  Having the monster arm is about 70% of the battle.

I want to see him quite a bit against the Eagles.

Yeah, so do the names Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, well you get my point.

I don't see it.

I don't see it.

All of them started where Simms is right now. It can go either way. You dont know until they get out there. Brady was almost cut his rookie year and put on the PS. Romo was, Warner was bagging groceries. Some guys develop different then others. Simms could be Ratliff, or he could be great. You can't blame the guy for doing that well against the 3's. Its who he was playing against and that is not his fault. Sanchez went in against the 2's and almost destroyed his shoulder. My point is he has earned a move up and a look at what he can do.

I dont know why he wouldnt call simms number if he was playing better.  And by he, I mean whoever is making the decision, not too sure it is Idzik.  Simms has paid his dues the past year(or 2?).  Maybe Simms just doesnt have it yet.  I hate teh sanchez too but I would hope that our best healthy qb will take the field week 1.  that is the good thing about drafting Geno in rd 2.  No pressure on geno and no pressure on the jets to start him right away.

I love that emotion he showed, but that is labeled in the douchebag category from every opposing fan of any QB who does this, like Cutler, Rivers, and yes Tom Brady, if he is your guy you love it, but if he isn't you F'N HATE IT WITH A PASSION, AND CALL HIM A DOUCHE!!!! Some guys thou will still act like a Douche even when they suck, and it is not appropriate, for example Kyle Wilson the man pounds his chest after he gets burnt like toast, but the QB over threw the wide open WR, that to me is a ******* Douche. If a QB does this while sucking, and being down 24 points, or having a really bad season then yea he is a douche.

unless I missed some huge celebration, what about pumping your fists is douchy? he didn't do any cartwheels.

Archived