Jay Mohr interviewing Chad Pennington "They called you noodle arm"

Blackout

met him at a deli in westchester years ago.  good guy

he did the best with what he had.  wasn't good enough

get in line

i met him at the Jets/giants training camp in 2005 in albany...i tried to get him to throw that stone-handed bum anthony becht under the bus but he took the noble route and said the jets would miss Becht's blocking skills 

Wait, are you talking about Mohr or Pennington?  It's rather unclear.

lol

chadwick.  I'm 6'6" and we shook hands and his hands engulfed mine.  I remember that and he had no entourage.  just him at a deli.

Chad had great energy...you had to love him just for the way he would get you pumped up.....you can pick at his arm all you want...but that team with Martin, Chrebet, Chad...was a feel good team...we were barely making the playoffs but we had good quality guys....i guess in the end that aint worth sh*t....but at least you liked your team n players....not like now when I cringe at the sight of seeing sanchezs or holmes face....i dont like hating my own players

Chad sucked ass.  Laughably horrible against the Patriots throughout his career and an absolute choke artist in his biggest games (yes, despite 2 so-so wild card performances against crappy Ds, as they were both followed by horrendous performances the next week).  Plus, for what a great and lovely leader he supposedly was, no player was more notorious for refusing to own up to his own failures than he was.  No matter how awful a performance he had, all we got to hear every week is how great he thought he played "except for one or two plays".  Even when one of those plays was a pick 6 to end the game, apparently it still had no relevance to it.  Not to mention, all of this is topped off by a grand total of two 16-game seasons to his entire NFL career, and one wasn't even with the Jets.  Just because Sanchez absolutely sucks ass doesn't magically change any of this either, so let's not bother with the comparisons.

Chad sucked ass.  Laughably horrible against the Patriots top 10 defenses, mediocre schemes, and light breezes throughout his career and an absolute choke artist in his biggest games (yes, despite 2 so-so wild card performances against crappy Ds, as they were both followed by horrendous performances the next week).  Plus, for what a great and lovely leader he supposedly was, no player was more notorious for refusing to own up to his own failures than he was.  No matter how awful a performance he had, all we got to hear every week is how great he thought he played "except for one or two plays".  Even when one of those plays was a pick 6 to end the game, apparently it still had no relevance to it.  Not to mention, all of this is topped off by a grand total of two 16-game seasons to his entire NFL career, and one wasn't even with the Jets.  Just because Sanchez absolutely sucks ass doesn't magically change any of this either, so let's not bother with the comparisons.

Fixed

Yeah, I was keeping it simple and going with the prime example.  I figured wait to see how committed people were to this argument before going full tilt.

Proud to see you're ready to roll though.

glad you didn't choose the Cowgirls 

Chad Pennington is the best Jets Quarterback of recent. Even though his rotator cuff was always injured he was a good quarterback & accurate throwing those loop passes that were short dinks and dunks. Smart Individual too much smarter then Sanchez. It was disrespectful when the jets released him to bring in brett favre.

Then Pennington beat the Jets for the AFC East title. Pennington should be in the Jets ring of Honor. I will always know that Pennington is better then Sanchez at quarteback. Go Jets

Yeah I never got the Pennington hate either.  It's like the Curtis Martin "he was just a compiler" detractors.  These were guys who worked hard, never slandered the team or their teammates.  Led by example, played hurt and had moments of greatness.  There are so many current and former Jets that you can pick to hate on and feel good and right doing so.  Picking on these guys just makes zero sense.  They'll always have my respect.

Yeah I never got the Pennington hate either. It's like the Curtis Martin "he was just a compiler" detractors. These were guys who worked hard, never slandered the team or their teammates. Led by example, played hurt and had moments of greatness. There are so many current and former Jets that you can pick to hate on and feel good and right doing so. Picking on these guys just makes zero sense. They'll always have my respect.

Because Pennington and Martin were both flimsy imitations of the great players that other teams had. The neighbors owned a Ferrari, and we owned a Corolla painted the same color as a Ferrari. They were both reminders that our franchise has always been a cut-rate simulacrum of a real football team.

Archived