***Official Iggles/Jets Game Thread***

Thor99

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simms is the best qb on the roster and you can flame me all you want about it.

Doubt you have to worry about that. It's hard to disagree. Only question is if Smith or Sanchez's status (stati?) overrule the sensible decision of starting Simms next Sunday.

About the idea IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD BECAUSE UDFA MATT SIMMS STARTS!, it will be a great story. There are numerous reasons the Jets are suddenly advertising for tickets, specifically PSLs. 

Who would you rather feed to the dogs then? The UDFA guy on a one-year deal, if he doesn't get cut this weekend. Or, the 4-year contracted recent draftee?

Geno and not think twice. You have to see what he has and if he doesn't have it you address the QB position next draft.

Matt Simms is Brooks Bollinger, Erik Ainge, Brett Ratliff etc etc etc. We've seen this movie before.

jason smith needs to be cut at halftime

jets fans need to pray every night that the starting o-line stays healthy or it may be a 0-2 win season

matt simms is a tough sob, just cut mcelrat

who is that kid that took the touchback 2 yards deep in the endzone ?  you are getting cut son, might as well bring it out and have some fun

I saw wilson and ducasse in the game in the first half.  can you imagine the headlines if either guy gets hurt ?  lol

Fill in the blank:

Saying someone is the best player at [X] position based on their performance against no name players in the 4th preseason game is [insert]

All we really have to go on at the QB position, because Sanchez is hurt and awful and Smith is not ready. 

Geno and not think twice. You have to see what he has and if he doesn't have it you address the QB position next draft.

Matt Simms is Brooks Bollinger, Erik Ainge, Brett Ratliff etc etc etc. We've seen this movie before.

Geno Smith reminds me of Aaron Brooks, minus the moxie.

Its way too premature to say that Simms should start over Smith based on this game or even the other three. Smith has been taking first team snaps in camp for a reason, and as much as I like what I see from Simms, he looks like a number 3 quarterback doing his best to win a job. That's what he is a third stringer who can play pretty well against other second and third stringers in preseason.  

Until he proves otherwise, he's back up material at best.  

That's reality.  Sorry but it is.  

sanchez is hurt. cant start him. geno definitely aint ready.mcelroy is hurt. the only qb playing with any consistency is simms. not saying simms is the future, but somebody has to line up behind center next week. and yes, I know he is playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers,he is also playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers.

give him a shot with the #1s next week. If it doesnt work you go 0-1 and Geno or Sanchez starts end story.

Starting the UDFA would do wonders for the confidence of the 2nd round pick you have 1st team reps to all preseason. There is not a single chance in hell they start Matt Simms. Not at all.

Missed it. What he say?

jbone said it: he was asked by twitter girls about his thoughts on Marks headband. "Who cares!? What do they think about my hat?!"

But also, he was asked about his shirt. "Casual Thursday?" "No man, Injury" then I think he shushed him saying "lower leg thing"

Starting the UDFA would do wonders for the confidence of the 2nd round pick you have 1st team reps to all preseason. There is not a single chance in hell they start Matt Simms. Not at all.

Might also tell him a job has to be earned, and will not given to you. Sanchez might not have had the talent to be a #1, but it did him no good at all to be handed the job without having to earn it. 

At this point IT DOESNT MATTER. we dont have a starter at QB. Play the guy who has played the best.

Marty M and David Lee deserve some credit.   Simms looks like he has a good sense of what to expect out there from the defense on most plays, and he's composed.  Looks like pretty good coaching somewhere along the way.  Plus, receivers are getting open...again.  What a difference a year makes. 

Marty M and David Lee deserve some credit. Simms looks like he has a good sense of what to expect out there from the defense on most plays, and he's composed. Looks like pretty good coaching somewhere along the way. Plus, receivers are getting open...again. What a difference a year makes.

...Maybe his superbowl XXI mvp dad

At this point IT DOESNT MATTER. we dont have a starter at QB. Play the guy who has played the best.

if they never considered simms to start week 1,they would have named geno the starter,considering he is the only other healthy qb on the roster.this is simms job to lose for at least week 1.seems almost like a no brainer,no?

Matt simms is your starting QB for week 1, please sit him.

I would also like to say that i did not know Barkley was on Philly. I immediately noticed a change of intesity when he was on the field for the eagles. He looked legit on that drive.

Wait can we sit Simms? Is there another QB?

Archived