***Official Iggles/Jets Game Thread***

Thor99

There is doubt that while MM has done a good job with Simms, his biggest influence is his dad. While Simms is an UDFA,let's also mention he's kinda unique because his dad had arguably the best day of any QB in Super Bowl history, and is right now part of the top CBS broadcast team. Wonder how this is gonna play out. It's one thing to dismiss, say the pedigree of Kurt Warner. THis is a TERRIBLE offense talent wise, but the best operator this preseason has been Simms. There may actually be more media pressure, subtle and direct, to play Simms. This is going to be interesting.

And having said all that Wrecks is a conventional wisdom braindead decision maker. Simms is the bold move. He won't consider it. "Mark Sanchez gives us the best...blah blah blah....

Yes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sad to see a guy end his career on a muffed punt after dropping a perfectly thrown pass for a 35 yard gain

if they jets cut simms and keep mcelrat and simms winds up on the pats* I swear to god I'm taking the season off

The only thing about McElroy is that's he very smart, and he can manage a game.  That said, I think he lost his job tonight.  Idzik won't cut Simms after tonight.  He would be crazy too.   You might hit the jackpot with Simms (although i don't think you will) but you never will win anything big with McElroy. 

The only thing about McElroy is that's he very smart, and he can manage a game.  That said, I think he lost his job tonight.  Idzik won't cut Simms after tonight.  He would be crazy too.   You might hit the jackpot with Simms (although i don't think you will) but you never will win anything big with McElroy. 

agreed, which is why last seasons debacle with the 11 sacks was so strange.   I love simms arm talent, decision making, toughness and accuracy, I just feel you have to give geno the first shot at starting week 1.  who knows, with 2 turnover machines ahead of him, simms might start after the bye

can you imagine if they cut him ?

pandemonium, lol

Just wanted to say after watching the game last night, Leger Douzable is a beast. Dude is the real deal. He was literally two steps quicker off the line than any other Jets Defender all night. He's the one guy coming out of this preseason, whom I had no idea who he was but has really, really impressed me.

Sapp also looks like a possible solid contributor. I actually don't understand how McIntyre is in front of him per depth chart. I think it might just be one of those things where Rex is just more comfortable with the guy he feels he can trust more, despite who might have better skills or upside. 

I would think Jaiquawn Jarrett has played himself into the starting line up. He definitely seems to be tougher, quicker and and brings more pop than Allen or Bush. However, is he a liability in coverage? I don't know b/c it seems he was on the line blitzing off the edge in some sort of nickle package half the game...but doing well at it fwiw. It what I've seen he's the one guy I've seen around the ball a lot and to be honest, I don't think he could be any worse in coverage than what we've seen from Allen thus far. Bush has been pretty quiet throughout. 

The only good news I can say for Brian Winters is looks as if most of his poor play is mental more than physical. 2 out of the 3 sacks in the first half looked like blown assignments and then the same on a Simms pressure as well. Plus he was next to Jason Smith who just looked bad in both pass and run protecting. Winters, at times, looked like he held his own nicely, strictly from a physical perspective. I just think he needs more time to learn the playbook and get use to NFL speed. I don't see the disaster some have been talking about however. 

If the Jets keep 6 WRs, I'm rooting for Holmes, Hill, Kerely, Gates, Spadola and Zach Rogers over Obomanu. Campbell is a goner as is Massaquoi I would think.

When is the Kyle Wilson experiment officially over? He stinks. It pains me to say it. I've been rooting for him to turn the corner for so long. But I might just have to come to grips with the fact that he stinks.  

Just wanted to say after watching the game last night, Leger Douzable is a beast. Dude is the real deal. He was literally two steps quicker off the line than any other Jets Defender all night. He's the one guy coming out of this preseason, whom I had no idea who he was but has really, really impressed me.

Sapp also looks like a possible solid contributor. I actually don't understand how McIntyre is in front of him per depth chart. I think it might just be one of those things where Rex is just more comfortable with the guy he feels he can trust more, despite who might have better skills or upside. 

I would think Jaiquawn Jarrett has played himself into the starting line up. He definitely seems to be tougher, quicker and and brings more pop than Allen or Bush. However, is he a liability in coverage? I don't know b/c it seems he was on the line blitzing off the edge in some sort of nickle package half the game...but doing well at it fwiw. It what I've seen he's the one guy I've seen around the ball a lot and to be honest, I don't think he could be any worse in coverage than what we've seen from Allen thus far. Bush has been pretty quiet throughout. 

The only good news I can say for Brian Winters is looks as if most of his poor play is mental more than physical. 2 out of the 3 sacks in the first half looked like blown assignments and then the same on a Simms pressure as well. Plus he was next to Jason Smith who just looked bad in both pass and run protecting. Winters, at times, looked like he held his own nicely, strictly from a physical perspective. I just think he needs more time to learn the playbook and get use to NFL speed. I don't see the disaster some have been talking about however. 

If the Jets keep 6 WRs, I'm rooting for Holmes, Hill, Kerely, Gates, Spadola and Zach Rogers over Obomanu. Campbell is a goner as is Massaquoi I would think.

When is the Kyle Wilson experiment officially over? He stinks. It pains me to say it. I've been rooting for him to turn the corner for so long. But I might just have to come to grips with the fact that he stinks.  

Could be a surprise cut

Archived