Mafia forum off season chat thread

Hi everyone!

So as some of you maybe remember, I hosted the 2013-2014 season of the Mafia Championship. It featured 100+ players from 45+ different communities and was endorsed and supported by the creator of mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) who also agreed to have a private chat with the ultimate winner.

Now it's time for season 2 and I was hoping that you guys would be interested in participating once again. The first time around you guys were represented by Ape.

If you guys are interested, I will leave it completely up to you how you go about choosing your representative. Just make sure that the representative is prepared for and able to deal with a lot more activity than they're used to. It won't be as insane as the first season, seeing as it's 13-player games this time (more on format below), but nonetheless it will still require a lot of activity.

Here's the info:

The current plan for season 2

·         65 different communities will be represented.

·         1 player per community for the entire season (preferably).

·         5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.

·         2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.

·         3 additional players are granted wildcard spots.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 9 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline

The first game is set to start April 6th. The other four games will take place in the 1-3 months after that. I will make a Doodle and find out the best times to start the 5 games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100 % guarantee that this won’t happen).

Links to season 1

Qualifying game #1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/1-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Qualifying game #2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

Qualifying game #3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/3-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

Qualifying game #4: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/4-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1439835/

Finale game: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/ultimate-game-mafia-champions-game-thread-1489540/

Pretty sure this is legit and not a spam thing right?  i do remember Ape talking about it.  Ape does not play as much as he once did.  I would say Batmans would be a good one to send from this board. 

Wtf Verbal was the first representative?  Did he get murdered for correcting grammar?  And does anyone have the game thread for the one the Ape played in?

I think that is the site Jack comes from.  Their games are like 100 plus pages a day.  I ask Jack and he said, "As long as you got a couple hours a day to play you will be fine."  haha

• Upvote 1

Jack is not from 2+2, he is from DM.

Wtf Verbal was the first representative?  Did he get murdered for correcting grammar?  And does anyone have the game thread for the one the Ape played in?

I repped DM in the first game, yes.  I was NKed on N2 (I think) because the town correctly cleared me based on EOD voting D2 and they didn't want clear townies alive.  JN only sent Ape for one of the last games when we realized we needed Ape to play, lol.  Check the links Thingy posted - one of the last contains a game with BOTH Ape and Despothera.  Heh.

Jack is not from 2+2, he is from DM.

I repped DM in the first game, yes.  I was NKed on N2 (I think) because the town correctly cleared me based on EOD voting D2 and they didn't want clear townies alive.  JN only sent Ape for one of the last games when we realized we needed Ape to play, lol.  Check the links Thingy posted - one of the last contains a game with BOTH Ape and Despothera.  Heh.

GFY

• Upvote 3

It wouldnt be fair, to be honest.  Need to send a lesser player...which all of you qualify but yeah, not fair if I go.

Saw that coming.  Don't chicken sh*t out of it - just go and see how you stack up to other players.

• Upvote 3

It wouldnt be fair, to be honest.  Need to send a lesser player...which all of you qualify but yeah, not fair if I go.

I can't go.  I don't speak nerd.  I think we should send 80 then.  He is actually one of the better players even though we tell him he is terrible and he believes us.  Plus no chance he knocks up any groupies. 

I can't go.  I don't speak nerd.  I think we should send 80 then.  He is actually one of the better players even though we tell him he is terrible and he believes us.  Plus no chance he knocks up any groupies. 

LOL.  I'm worse than Arsis.  We'll never get this invitation again.

• Upvote 1

Saw that coming.  Don't chicken sh*t out of it - just go and see how you stack up to other players.

In fairness, we'll tell him to go and troll the sh*t out of them, then when he agitates the crap out of them and doesn't "win", we'll tell him he played awful.

Sounds about right?

• Upvote 1

I think Batman should go, too. 

But be warned, whoever goes. Some of the other sites use terminology different from ours. And they have a kazillion acronyms. I've learned to just smile and nod on DM when these players speak. 

I think Batman should go, too. 

But be warned, whoever goes. Some of the other sites use terminology different from ours. And they have a kazillion acronyms. I've learned to just smile and nod on DM when these players speak. 

Good call.  We should also send Boo Boo with batman in case shot gets real. 

I'll only play if we can smuggle some of you guys in there.  Playing with strangers scares me.

New plan:  whenever I go again for DM, you need to go for JN.  Then after we fight to kill the other for the entire game regardless of alignment, both sites are banned from future games.

LOL