Mafia forum off season chat thread

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK JF80 "atted" me for his ninja turtle mafia and I had no clue wtf it was so I passed. I've been following the thread to get an understanding and still have no clue wtf is going on. 

That said, I'm in for the next round. Sluts.

high five hand hug GIF by Dude Bro Party Massacre III

• Haha 3

On 2/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, Spoot-Face said:

^^This was exactly my point of the 2 concurrent running smaller games. Keep it smaller to make it easier, but have 2 games so that more people can keep playing and not loose interest.

If we get 14+ players I'll run 2 noob setups concurrently, and balance each game with noob /vet

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So I've been kinda following along the TMNT thread. One thing seems like it should be obvious but I'm missing it. The stuff that happens at "night" ... this is happening behind the scenes somewhere?

Yep.  Thru PM's and QuickTopics.  

I reveal some a lot of that in the "Dead Thread".  Would you like access?  PM me if so.  

On 2/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, deckerfan said:

was watching a late night rerun of an old show a while back it was martin or frasier i dont remember which one channel flipping, and one of the characters said GEECHEE, and i thought of PAC

Huh ? Didn’t even know Chico and  the Man is still on. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:28 PM, Nolder said:

So, to be clear, this is the current queue correct?

80 - TMNT (ongoing)

CTM - Vanilla

Verbal - Kingmaker

Nolder - Red Dawn (open setup)

So will this be

Closed/semi-open/open

Open

Open

for the next few rounds? That should be pretty decent.

Maybe throw in a Seer Hunt game? Not sure if that's your plan for 'vanilla' @CTM

4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I wouldn’t mind running a semi open JK9+ game to introduce some new roles besides Cop/Doc

or an open Jungle Republic game to introduce multi ball

Matrix/Hackers/Pulp Fiction themes for JK9+ or Boon Dock Saints for JR

You're welcome to jump ahead of me if you'd like. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

So will this be

Closed/semi-open/open

Open

Open

for the next few rounds? That should be pretty decent.

Maybe throw in a Seer Hunt game? Not sure if that's your plan for 'vanilla' @CTM

What do you mean by a seer hunt game exactly? I was planning on running c9 or f11 open newbie setups.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

What do you mean by a seer hunt game exactly? I was planning on running c9 or f11 open newbie setups.

It's fairly straight forward and a great vanilla setup. It's all goons and VTs plus one Town Seer (cop) who starts the game with a confirmed Town result on a random player. Night chat isn’t allowed in the game thread though, so I’m not sure how popular that would be.

Both of those role sets you mentioned are good. I was just wondering what you had in mind for a vanilla game. Either way, I’m in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a funny idea for a Mafia setup. It'll be different, definitely not vanilla, but certainly not a cult game.

If anyone is interested in hearing it and potentially helping me with the details, PM me. Or, if you just want the opportunity to tell me it's a dumbass idea, PM anyway. This will also mean you won't have to play in it.

Inexperienced players/modders should not apply. That means you, Lizzie.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 6:52 AM, Spoot-Face said:

I've got a funny idea for a Mafia setup. It'll be different, definitely not vanilla, but certainly not a cult game.

If anyone is interested in hearing it and potentially helping me with the details, PM me. Or, if you just want the opportunity to tell me it's a dumbass idea, PM anyway. This will also mean you won't have to play in it.

Inexperienced players/modders should not apply. That means you, Lizzie.

I want to help but I want to play. halp!

• Haha 1