Mafia forum off season chat thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys a few of you already saw but Max is adding clubs to try to separate political talk from the rest of JN and since he's implementing that system I figured we might as well use it so I'm trying to create a club to talk about alcohol related things. Wine, beer, liquor, cocktails, barware, glassware, whatever. And so I made a petition to show Max how much interest there is. I know some of us have talked several times about our liquor collections and new things we've tried and stuff like that so I hope those people at least will consider adding their support but really if any of you are interested please check it out and maybe sign the petition. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I was out earlier and this place where I was had a tv for watching while you wait and on that tv was a Jets game, from last season I assume. They were playing the Ravens. I believe it was the start of the 3rd quarter and it was 0 to 17 I think? Anyway while I was watching it struck me that they are the NEW YORK Jets. I knew this before but it just kind of hit me at this moment. Don't most of you live somewhere else? Why do you like a New York team?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Nolder said:

So I was out earlier and this place where I was had a tv for watching while you wait and on that tv was a Jets game, from last season I assume. They were playing the Ravens. I believe it was the start of the 3rd quarter and it was 0 to 17 I think? Anyway while I was watching it struck me that they are the NEW YORK Jets. I knew this before but it just kind of hit me at this moment. Don't most of you live somewhere else? Why do you like a New York team?

You live in California and like the Patriots.  GFY.

• Haha 4

No but really I just jumped on the bandwagon of a team that wins a lot, I have no loyalty I admit it. It's because I'm not really that into football so it doesn't matter to me. I could just as easily like the Dolphins or the Seahawks or the Lions lol. Or even the Jets if they could win a few games. But most people have a loyalty to a team where they live so it's just weird idk. Did you all used to live in New York or something?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Have you guys, as mods, ever set a minimum post requirement? Like 5-10 posts per day min? They had one at Mafia Universe but I’m not sure how that works for the days that go super fast. Guess those wouldn’t matter with the count. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Drums said:

Have you guys, as mods, ever set a minimum post requirement? Like 5-10 posts per day min? They had one at Mafia Universe but I’m not sure how that works for the days that go super fast. Guess those wouldn’t matter with the count. 

It's been done before. Honestly it's not a good idea imo. Either they meet the requirement (yay?) or they don't in which case you are now faced with the question of what to do with players who don't meet the minimum. Are you going to modkill them? What if it's several players? Kind of kills your game on the spot. Do you impose some sort of punishment like a silly post restriction? Maybe that just discourages the player from participating even further. Also you will have people who purposely meet the minimum and just disappear again so it's like they aren't even really playing anyway. If you want to try it by all means go for it but in my experience minimums are either irrelevant (people are playing) or burdensome (gotta "solve" players who aren't meeting the minimum).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

It's been done before. Honestly it's not a good idea imo. Either they meet the requirement (yay?) or they don't in which case you are now faced with the question of what to do with players who don't meet the minimum. Are you going to modkill them? What if it's several players? Kind of kills your game on the spot. Do you impose some sort of punishment like a silly post restriction? Maybe that just discourages the player from participating even further. Also you will have people who purposely meet the minimum and just disappear again so it's like they aren't even really playing anyway. If you want to try it by all means go for it but in my experience minimums are either irrelevant (people are playing) or burdensome (gotta "solve" players who aren't meeting the minimum).

Good points

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Good points

Also to be fair, Nolderp’s average game length is 38.293 pages, leaving him historically with very few opportunities to experience this issue. 

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...