Mafia forum off season chat thread

On 5/26/2021 at 7:26 AM, Integrity28 said:

lol

The kids are amazing. Bonded thru the last year, making it sorta special for us - we got lucky, a lot of folks have dealt with more stress. 

Wifey had the hardest time with quarantine, but she’s good. Settled in eventually. 

As for me, job changes, fat muscles, naps, and dad jokes. I’m good.

How are you?

I spent christmas in the hospital. I had a lesion in my brain and a mini stoke thing called a tia.  I'm doing better.  Quarentine has made my panic disorder worse so I'm working on that too.  Not currently working because of all the health sh*t.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Naeann said:

I spent christmas in the hospital. I had a lesion in my brain and a mini stoke thing called a tia.  I'm doing better.  Quarentine has made my panic disorder worse so I'm working on that too.  Not currently working because of all the health sh*t.

Ah geez, I’m sorry to hear all of that. I’ve heard of the TIA strokes. Glad you’re doing better.

I think quarantine has had a profound impact on mental health. I’m sorry to hear it’s been a burden. I went thru a stint with almost daily panic attacks, it’s a nightmare. Hope you find some solutions that work for you.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

maybe the same issue?

It works from my school’s wifi but I will try a VPN when I get home. Maybe it is something with my router? You guys know way more about that stuff than I. 

EDIT: VPN worked

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why am I just learning now that there's gonna be a new season of Dexter? Boy, am I out of the loop, lol. Hope they can give it a worthy finale this time around.

I'm not down for that.  That finale was so bad it made the whole show terrible in retrospect.  They don't get to just come back and do a new season to try to make up for it.  It's over and done with for me.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not down for that.  That finale was so bad it made the whole show terrible in retrospect.  They don't get to just come back and do a new season to try to make up for it.  It's over and done with for me.

I'll give it a chance. Apparently they said it's more of a "second finale" rather than "season 9", so perhaps they'll do it right. Could be what El Camino was to Breaking Bad, except that Breaking Bad's finale was already really good on its own. They also got the original showrunner from seasons 1-4 to come back, so I'm mildly optimistic.

15 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why am I just learning now that there's gonna be a new season of Dexter? Boy, am I out of the loop, lol. Hope they can give it a worthy finale this time around.

I could have sworn I posted about this weeks ago. I guess I forgot. Yeah...we'll see how it goes huh?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The finale really was awful but I'm willing to let them try. I already invested that much time into the series I can't say no to them at least trying. I wish Game of Thrones would do this.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'll give it a chance. Apparently they said it's more of a "second finale" rather than "season 9", so perhaps they'll do it right. Could be what El Camino was to Breaking Bad, except that Breaking Bad's finale was already really good on its own. They also got the original showrunner from seasons 1-4 to come back, so I'm mildly optimistic.

El Camino was just one step above boring imo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I could have sworn I posted about this weeks ago. I guess I forgot. Yeah...we'll see how it goes huh?

The finale really was awful but I'm willing to let them try. I already invested that much time into the series I can't say no to them at least trying. I wish Game of Thrones would do this.

El Camino was just one step above boring imo.

If you did, I probably missed it. Or simply forgot, lol

Where 80 is with Dexter, I am with GoT. I don't see any room for another "finale" or continuation. They'd need to retcon and redo the entire last two seasons, imo. The GoT that we watched and loved is over, done, and dead, as far as I'm concerned. Any additional GoT content moving forward will be spin-offs or prequels (which I believe is the plan).

I really enjoyed El Camino, but I love slow burns. Always have. But I understand that a lot of people want constant action. That's why the Fast and Furious franchise won't die.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

They'd need to retcon and redo the entire last two seasons, imo. 

They should do that then.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I really enjoyed El Camino, but I love slow burns. Always have. But I understand that a lot of people want constant action. That's why the Fast and Furious franchise won't die.

I'm not against a slow movie. I saw Castaway like 4 times in theaters lol.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, training camp has already devolved into grow men peeing down their legs. 

I could play a game.

Wait, what?

I haven't been able to keep up with the training camp threads, which of our loser Jets pissed themselves?

On 7/28/2021 at 8:37 PM, Integrity28 said:

So, training camp has already devolved into grow men peeing down their legs. 

I could play a game.

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wait, what?

I haven't been able to keep up with the training camp threads, which of our loser Jets pissed themselves?

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The entire fan base. All of them. Pee pee.

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, the usual then.

I mean the entire group of SAR-ites and DWC babies lost their sh*t... 

very funny for grown men to whine about that sh*t when it ended up being a whole 2 days... my god some b!tch @ss fans... 

• Upvote 2