Mafia forum off season chat thread

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Hope everyone's doing well!!!!   See y'all got a game going atm but I'd be down to play if y'all doing another!!!!

Honestly, you showed up just in time to witness the death knell of JN Mafia. People just aren't into it anymore, sadly.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

I prolly won't stop watching it... but it was a bit of a let down.... and im being charitable in my criticing lol

Yeah....

I think there were parts that were really cool and I don't even mind a lot of the changes made (although some are unforgivable, Abell Cauthon did not deserve that) but overall it was just yikes. lol.

I really do believe that Covid ****ed their production up so I am going to give them a pass on the first season and try to judge them more based on season 2 after they've had fan feedback and all that. I mean even Game of Thrones first season kind of sucked overall IMHO and that show was great until it crashed and burned at the end. So yeah. We'll see what happens.

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I prolly won't stop watching it... but it was a bit of a let down.... and im being charitable in my criticing lol

It's obv nowhere near as good as the books and def some huge changes that I knew theyd have to make for time and tv constraints but it's better then I'd thought it be and def better then the Billy Zane episode tho lolololol

4 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

It's obv nowhere near as good as the books and def some huge changes that I knew theyd have to make for time and tv constraints but it's better then I'd thought it be and def better then the Billy Zane episode tho lolololol

Agree to disagree. It could have been a lot better.

5 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Maybe I could try to run one for y'all tho id def need a comod who could balance lol

If you can get the co mod and enough players I guess I'd be up for it.

Just now, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Oh I agree ot couldnt been much better and im hopong it runs like GOT in the sense S1 was the worst.  I just meant I thought beforehand or was gonna be awful and it wasn't that bad is what I meant.

Bro...season 8 though...

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Oh I agree ot coulda been much better and im hoping it runs like GOT in the sense S1 was the worst.  I just meant I thought beforehand it was gonna be awful and it wasn't that bad is what I meant.

You think season 1 of GoT was the worst?

3 hours ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

I don't count season 8 ....I pretend like it doesnt exist lololol

I don't blame you. Sometimes it feels like it didn't actually end because the ending was so bad that couldn't possibly be the end. It was like reading bad fan fiction off some random blog.

• Sympathy 1

Wow I was just watching a YouTube video talking about game of thrones ending since it was on my mind and it was showing interviews with a lot of the main stars showing what they thought of the last season. Apparently even the actors hated it lol. In one interview Jon Snow (think his irl name is Kit?) is asked if he could describe the last season in one word and his word was "disappointing". Yikes, that's brutal. I guess fans weren't the only ones upset with how that ended.

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

Wow I was just watching a YouTube video talking about game of thrones ending since it was on my mind and it was showing interviews with a lot of the main stars showing what they thought of the last season. Apparently even the actors hated it lol. In one interview Jon Snow (think his irl name is Kit?) is asked if he could describe the last season in one word and his word was "disappointing". Yikes, that's brutal. I guess fans weren't the only ones upset with how that ended.

Yeah, I've seen those before. Hilarious.

52 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I've seen those before. Hilarious.

I just kind of pretended the show never existed after the finale so I never saw any of this stuff.

So, besides GRRM for not finishing his damn books, who's to blame?

In the video I watched the guy said it was "well known" that HBO offered to spend more money and have more seasons of the show.

Was it the showrunners? How do they make something so good for so long and then drop the ball that hard?

Were they just relying on the books that hard and then when they didn't have a road map they fell apart under pressure?

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I just kind of pretended the show never existed after the finale so I never saw any of this stuff.

So, besides GRRM for not finishing his damn books, who's to blame?

In the video I watched the guy said it was "well known" that HBO offered to spend more money and have more seasons of the show.

Was it the showrunners? How do they make something so good for so long and then drop the ball that hard?

Were they just relying on the books that hard and then when they didn't have a road map they fell apart under pressure?

From what I've heard, the showrunners Benioff and Weiss were getting bored and wanted to move onto other projects; specifically a Star Wars project they were signed on to do (of which never even came to fruition). So, basically, they rushed to get the final two seasons done, instead of taking their time with it as HBO was more than prepared to do.

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

From what I've heard, the showrunners Benioff and Weiss were getting bored and wanted to move onto other projects; specifically a Star Wars project they were signed on to do (of which never even came to fruition). So, basically, they rushed to get the final two seasons done, instead of taking their time with it as HBO was more than prepared to do.

Understandable to a degree but it sucks for viewers

• 3 weeks later...