Mafia forum off season chat thread

On 4/18/2022 at 9:44 PM, Nolder said:

How much interest is there, if any, in a 24 game?

Given this post was made a few days ago I'm going to intuit that the answer is "little to none".

Thats totally ok by the way, that's why I asked.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

8 hours ago, Verbal said:

If Jack had a gun with 2 bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina...........he'd shoot Nina twice.

Probably true lol.

I never watched all of 24 when it was coming out so I'm catching up now, is why I brought it up.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Nolder I found out today that UNCW Baseball plays in-person Mafia on their road trips, and that made me happy.  

I've always wanted to play IRL mafia but man it's a whole different beast. I mean online I can be the Serial Killer and shoot someone and come in the thread and be like "Wow who shot him?!" and maybe people believe me and maybe they don't but IRL it's not just WHAT you say but how you LOOK when you say it. If I say "Wow who shot him?!" and I have a big smile on my face it's a good chance I'm getting lynched whether or not I actually shot the guy. So learning to read faces and non verbal ticks is just as important as reading tone or whatever. Also IRL it's easy to forget EXACTLY what someone said. If I say I investigated A and they were town and it comes up later they're mafia maybe I can say no no what I said was I was GOING to investigate A but I just assumed they were town so I investigated B instead and they were town I never investigated A and maybe I can convince people that's actually what I said because they just can't remember but online we can look back and quote things. I think I probably prefer online mafia but hey I've always wanted to try it IRL too just to experience it. Anyway sorry I started rambling lol that's cool man.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I've always wanted to play IRL mafia but man it's a whole different beast. I mean online I can be the Serial Killer and shoot someone and come in the thread and be like "Wow who shot him?!" and maybe people believe me and maybe they don't but IRL it's not just WHAT you say but how you LOOK when you say it. If I say "Wow who shot him?!" and I have a big smile on my face it's a good chance I'm getting lynched whether or not I actually shot the guy. So learning to read faces and non verbal ticks is just as important as reading tone or whatever. Also IRL it's easy to forget EXACTLY what someone said. If I say I investigated A and they were town and it comes up later they're mafia maybe I can say no no what I said was I was GOING to investigate A but I just assumed they were town so I investigated B instead and they were town I never investigated A and maybe I can convince people that's actually what I said because they just can't remember but online we can look back and quote things. I think I probably prefer online mafia but hey I've always wanted to try it IRL too just to experience it. Anyway sorry I started rambling lol that's cool man.

Just like in online mafia though, those “tells” would eventually just become part of your meta, and people might stop lynching you for it.  

On 5/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Nolder said:

I can't keep a straight face. I'd be totally boned. That's why I'll never play poker for money.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Just like in online mafia though, those “tells” would eventually just become part of your meta, and people might stop lynching you for it.  

That only actually happens if you have a group of serious people. To be fair most people just play for sh*ts and giggles. It's like how we always joke about blind lynching Verbal (and have actually done it on occasion). I think most people prefer it that way.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I can't keep a straight face. I'd be totally boned. That's why I'll never play poker for money.

I think I can keep a straight face but I'm pretty sure I have other tells which people could pick up on over time.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

That only actually happens if you have a group of serious people. To be fair most people just play for sh*ts and giggles. It's like how we always joke about blind lynching Verbal (and have actually done it on occasion). I think most people prefer it that way.

I think I can keep a straight face but I'm pretty sure I have other tells which people could pick up on over time.

Well yeah but these guys I’m talking about are on 9+ hour bus trips.  Never advancing beyond Sh*ts and giggles would get old eventually.  

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Yeah, I think when you get up and literally slap someone for revealing VT, that would be pretty telling.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well yeah but these guys I’m talking about are on 9+ hour bus trips.  Never advancing beyond Sh*ts and giggles would get old eventually.  

Pffft.

That's not even long enough for one of Nolder's pre-game naps.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...