Mafia forum off season chat thread

40 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Someone should run a vanilla game and see if you can drum up interest in the main forums for new players to come.  Possibly get a couple games in before the start of the season.  

why would anyone want to put time and energy into setting up and running a game that people aren't going to play? teh mafia is dead.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why would anyone want to put time and energy into setting up and running a game that people aren't going to play? teh mafia is dead.

Which is why I said to see if we can drum up in interest in the main forums for new players.  If it's dead then it's dead.   

On 7/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, BallinPB said:

Which is why I said to see if we can drum up in interest in the main forums for new players.  If it's dead then it's dead.   

Still need veteran players to show up.  Can't just be a game primarily made up of new people.  

We recruited with some success the last few years but couldn't get enough of the old guard to play to make things stick.  Just isn't worth the effort any more, sadly.

That said, if ever a new game gets posted, I'll sign up.  

On 7/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Still need veteran players to show up.  Can't just be a game primarily made up of new people.  

We recruited with some success the last few years but couldn't get enough of the old guard to play to make things stick.  Just isn't worth the effort any more, sadly.

That said, if ever a new game gets posted, I'll sign up.  

Mad Season 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

59 minutes ago, Nolder said:

No one wants to mod a game anymore but everyone is willing to play lol.

No, not "everyone".  Unless we get a bunch of these players to show up ever again, we're well short: 

@CTM, @Pac, @HessStation, @SMC@Verbal, @Leelou, @Lily, @Jetscode1, @jvill 51, @Nynaeve, @GATA, @Vicious89x, @StraightCash, @ZachEY, @Jets Voice of Reason, @Dan., @AVM, @Smashmouth, @DPR, @Doggin94it

Mafia is dead, has been dead for a while, and the above reads like an Oscars "In Memoriam" list.  I am sad.

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, not "everyone".  Unless we get a bunch of these players to show up ever again, we're well short: 

@CTM, @Pac, @HessStation, @SMC@Verbal, @Leelou, @Lily, @Jetscode1, @jvill 51, @Nynaeve, @GATA, @Vicious89x, @StraightCash, @ZachEY, @Jets Voice of Reason, @Dan., @AVM, @Smashmouth, @DPR, @Doggin94it

Mafia is dead, has been dead for a while, and the above reads like an Oscars "In Memoriam" list.  I am sad.

Um I just signed up for the Zach Wilson MILF game like two days ago. I’d play.

image.thumb.jpeg.117047809349f70a261805b35f278426.jpeg

• Haha 2