Mafia forum off season chat thread

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might turn into another “Nolder hates dogs” thing but do you guys ever go to Costco? And if you do, after checking out and leaving the store do you stop for the guy who wants to check the receipt and your cart? I always walk past those guys unless there’s someone in my way. It’s nothing personal to the worker I just can’t be bothered with the farce. I mean let’s go through the reasons it’s not even a real job and a waste of everyone’s time.

1. You’re not even supposed to enter Costco let alone checkout if you aren’t a member with a card. If I’m walking out with a receipt and a cart full of stuff obviously I checked out and paid.

2. They don’t actually check every item, at best they do a quick glance if that.

3. This is possibly unique to California so YMMV but in recent times laws and policies have been changed so that even if I were stealing anything (let alone an entire cart of groceries) there is nothing the guy can do. He risks being fired or possibly even prosecuted if he so much as follows a shoplifter out of the store.

4. By participating in this joke of a system the exit gets congested causing people to have to stand around and wait to exit the store if it’s busy. I don’t like it when people stop and make me wait so I won’t stop and make anyone else have to wait for me just for Costco to pay some guy to pretend to do a job that’s not real in the first place.

5. If someone’s walking out with a big tv or some other expensive item I can see at least double checking real quick but who’s going to Costco to steal groceries? And look I’m sure it’s happened that someone somewhere has stolen groceries maybe it even happened at a Costco but the vast majority of people aren’t so why should we have to stand around while someone pretends to check our cart?

So that’s my thought process. Again it’s nothing personal against whoever is doing that job but I’m not wasting time stopping for it. Does that make me an a$$hole? This came up because I walked past a receipt checker yesterday and my buddy thought it was weird because I’m usually pretty courteous to random people especially workers so he was like “why’d you just blow right past that guy?” And I told him what I’m telling all of you now. Idk I feel like that’s just my way of saving everyone (especially myself) some time and I don’t really know why anyone bothers stopping for the receipt checkers. 

• Haha 1

I hate Costco as well. I’m a very get in, damn near run, get out kinda shopper. Every damn time I’m in Costco I get stuck behind Mr. And Mrs. WW2 vets going half the speed of smell taking up the whole damn lane……….resisting my natural instinct of shouting “MOVE THE **** OVER GRANPAPPY, WE GOT sh*t TO DO!!!!”.

**** Costco

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LedZepMan said:

I hate Costco as well. I’m a very get in, damn near run, get out kinda shopper. Every damn time I’m in Costco I get stuck behind Mr. And Mrs. WW2 vets going half the speed of smell taking up the whole damn lane……….resisting my natural instinct of shouting “MOVE THE **** OVER GRANPAPPY, WE GOT sh*t TO DO!!!!”.

**** Costco

How do you feel about dogs in stores?

On 11/28/2023 at 7:29 AM, Nolder said:

This might turn into another “Nolder hates dogs” thing but do you guys ever go to Costco? And if you do, after checking out and leaving the store do you stop for the guy who wants to check the receipt and your cart? I always walk past those guys unless there’s someone in my way. It’s nothing personal to the worker I just can’t be bothered with the farce. I mean let’s go through the reasons it’s not even a real job and a waste of everyone’s time.

1. You’re not even supposed to enter Costco let alone checkout if you aren’t a member with a card. If I’m walking out with a receipt and a cart full of stuff obviously I checked out and paid.

2. They don’t actually check every item, at best they do a quick glance if that.

3. This is possibly unique to California so YMMV but in recent times laws and policies have been changed so that even if I were stealing anything (let alone an entire cart of groceries) there is nothing the guy can do. He risks being fired or possibly even prosecuted if he so much as follows a shoplifter out of the store.

4. By participating in this joke of a system the exit gets congested causing people to have to stand around and wait to exit the store if it’s busy. I don’t like it when people stop and make me wait so I won’t stop and make anyone else have to wait for me just for Costco to pay some guy to pretend to do a job that’s not real in the first place.

5. If someone’s walking out with a big tv or some other expensive item I can see at least double checking real quick but who’s going to Costco to steal groceries? And look I’m sure it’s happened that someone somewhere has stolen groceries maybe it even happened at a Costco but the vast majority of people aren’t so why should we have to stand around while someone pretends to check our cart?

So that’s my thought process. Again it’s nothing personal against whoever is doing that job but I’m not wasting time stopping for it. Does that make me an a$$hole? This came up because I walked past a receipt checker yesterday and my buddy thought it was weird because I’m usually pretty courteous to random people especially workers so he was like “why’d you just blow right past that guy?” And I told him what I’m telling all of you now. Idk I feel like that’s just my way of saving everyone (especially myself) some time and I don’t really know why anyone bothers stopping for the receipt checkers. 

Costco is hell on earth.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1