Mafia forum off season chat thread

GREAT NEWS! 

Congratulations. It's so much fun. :)

Once my brother in law goes back to work, it should be better. He's an a$$hole and doesn't really want anyone to visit/help while he's there. I'm lucky I got to visit for a couple hours the other day. 

Once my brother in law goes back to work, it should be better. He's an a$$hole and doesn't really want anyone to visit/help while he's there. I'm lucky I got to visit for a couple hours the other day. 

That's too bad. It's hard being a first time Dad, but you have to know when to accept help and give your family members the chance to enjoy being a first time Aunt, or first time Grandma and such.

Taking that experience away from your family is selfish. 

That's too bad. It's hard being a first time Dad, but you have to know when to accept help and give your family members the chance to enjoy being a first time Aunt, or first time Grandma and such.

A young Dad has to be a fool to not accept help.  When my kids were babies I would have a different Aunt come for a couple weeks every summer to stay and visit.  In other words get me some damn free time.  My Aunt D would come and take the kids fishing with me every day.  I will wish an Aunt like that on every new Dad. 

Yeah, he goes back to work next week Tuesday and I think he's already regretting turning help away. 

I'm taking a break from playing but I'll run a game for ya'll if you want.

There is a game idea I've been stewing on for a long time that I've dubbed "Goofy Gladiators" that I think might work well right now.

How it works is before the game starts everyone submits as many post restrictions as they can think of via PM. Go crazy with them but try to make them fun. There is an Emperor (Town) and a regular mafia team. During the night the Emperor will choose any number of players (Gladiators) to debate which of them will be lynched the next day. They'll have 24 hours to do so, with a random post restriction that was submitted. The Emperor may choose themselves. The Emperor may also choose not to lynch any of the chosen players. The Emperor cannot decide to lynch someone who wasn't chosen however.

At the end of the 24 hours everyone else can now speak and try to convince the Emperor who to choose, with no restriction. The chosen (Gladiators) still have their restrictions. They will have 24 more hours to discuss but the Emperor can make their decision at any point during that second 24 hour period.

After the lynch (or non lynch) the phase goes to night and the mafia make a kill like normal.

The normal win condition applies which is gain a voting majority during the day.

Ah, but there's no voting is there? That's the big trick the mafia need to find and kill the emperor before they can win.

With the emperor dead everyone will be assigned a random post restriction for the rest of the game and the game will proceed like normal with voting, lynching, and killing.

Does this sound like something you guys would be interested in trying out?

Edited by Nolder

Hmm well I don't have any Basic games prepared

We could do an open setup though if you want

Here are a few I'd be interested in modding, although I'm not sure how many people we have available to play

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Pick_Your_Poison

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Scales_of_Justice

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Assassin_in_the_Palace

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=High_Noon

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Impotence_Mafia

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Twin_Trap

Predictions?

Broncos, 21-16.

Ill say Broncos 24-21

Hoping Broncos ftw. 

Looking like a pretty sh*tty prediction so far....

None of this matters  What matter is this...

Mrs Crusher Menu for Superbowl

1. Chicken wings (hot and Barnecue)

2. Chili

3. Roast beef rolls with pepper jack

4. Chicken rolls with Chedder

5. Olives (5 kinds)

6. Grape Leaves

7. Red Peppers stuffed with bacon and cream cheese

8. Banana pepper stuffed with provolone cheese

9. Fondue with fruit and lady finger cakes for teh dipping

10. Daughter made cotton candy with the machine she got for christmas

11. Makers Mark for Daddy

After the opening fumble and safety I just kept my head down to eat.  Next year I may not even turn the TV on.

None of this matters  What matter is this...

Mrs Crusher Menu for Superbowl

1. Chicken wings (hot and Barnecue)

2. Chili

3. Roast beef rolls with pepper jack

4. Chicken rolls with Chedder

5. Olives (5 kinds)

6. Grape Leaves

7. Red Peppers stuffed with bacon and cream cheese

8. Banana pepper stuffed with provolone cheese

9. Fondue with fruit and lady finger cakes for teh dipping

10. Daughter made cotton candy with the machine she got for christmas

11. Makers Mark for Daddy

After the opening fumble and safety I just kept my head down to eat.  Next year I may not even turn the TV on.

Nice.

There's no point in watching the SB, year after year it proves to be the worst game of the year.