Mafia forum off season chat thread

Leelou

My son went back to the hospital tonight. His pain was really bad and he was vomiting blood. Maybe they'll get it right this time. 

My son is in brain surgery now. I'm headed up to the hospital soon. Prayers and thoughts, please. 

He's out of surgery and fully awake. It went well, I understand. I'll know more after talking with the doctors, whenever I can catch one.

Yeah, Mom's a wee bit worried...

Thanks, Verb. I appreciate it. 

His brain stopped draining last night, so they took the drainage tube out this morning. He said that hurt worse than any pain he's ever had, poor guy. The next step is to inject him with dye and look for the leak. 

Thanks. I'm trying to hang in there. There are moments when it's hard to be strong. 

He's a strong man. He has put up with things through this that I don't think I could have.

He didn't come home today after all, but I think things are still good. 

Apparently, he had a mini seizure yesterday. Poor guy. Can't catch a break.

He's home now and has done nothing but sleep so far. (He didn't sleep well last night.)

My son is doing much better today. He got up and took a bath. He's still really weak, but he's getting better. 

My son is getting better every day. We see his surgeon on Tuesday to get the staples out, and we'll have an official opinion then, but things are looking good. 

My son is back to his normal self and doesn't get very many headaches anymore. Yay! The doctor rescheduled him, so he's still wearing staples in his head, but otherwise things are good. 

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. I know they made a difference. 

No, they came out just fine. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Lee. 

You're not going to believe this one. On the heels of all that we went through with my son, I was in a rollover accident a week ago. I was in the hospital for 6 days, two in ICU. Other than 5 broken ribs, I'm okay, though. My daughter was with me and she walked away with bruises. We are very very lucky. Stupid drunk driver. (She, of course, was fine.)

I could use some bubble wrap about now. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks, Drew. It really has poured on us lately. 

Meh. Better me than my daughter. I'm glad she's okay. I couldn't stand to watch her go through what I'm going through. 

I agree. Dating sucks. Car shopping sucks worse. lol I'll be glad when this is over and I have my new truck, whatever it turns out to be. 

I love car shopping!!

Too bad you can't come along and help. I really hate it. I tell them no cars, only trucks and SUVs - maybe a minivan, and what do they keep trying to show me? Saw a sweet Impala today with really low mileage, but I don't want a car. I'm looking at a Ford Escape tomorrow. I've seen it but I haven't driven it. I'm hopeful, but who knows?

Well, I have to look in my price range. I'm only getting $2600 for my totaled car, and I don't have a lot of money lying around. There isn't a lot to choose from in my range, unless I want to go to a buy here pay here lot and buy a pos. 

Heal quickly, Leelou.

I found my car. It's a 2006 Ford Escape - a cute little SUV. I'm very happy with it. They have to do one minor repair and then I can pick her up. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty happy that I'm feeling better and happy with the car. 

I could be ready for mafia again. Maybe. 

We clearly should not let Arsis play with office supplies. Arsis, that's not what a stapler is for. 

• Upvote 3

I think Batman should go, too. 

But be warned, whoever goes. Some of the other sites use terminology different from ours. And they have a kazillion acronyms. I've learned to just smile and nod on DM when these players speak. 

Nolder has a thread on DM entitled "I've been having these weird toughts lately....." All I think about when I see it is that I don't want to know about Nolder's sexual fantasies. The idea is a bit scary. 

Happy Easter/Passover everyone =)

You too, Nyn. 

if counting by breast mass yes, he's a 4, you are a 3 , pac, 80, lleelou and verb are 2's

I'm feeling really left out here. 

My first game here was the LOST game and I don't remember who the mod was. It was memorable to say the least. 

• Upvote 1