Mafia forum off season chat thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why did we send our worst player to represent us?   oh, it's a jets fan site, we're supposed to embarrass ourselves

Finished officer course... got my new shiny pin 😃    

Hi everyone!! Our baby girl, Elizabeth Christine, arrived last week! We are so in love with everything about her. I want to post a few pictures but don't want to leave them up forever here. How long

Posted Images

Yeah man. You guys are in a very winnable regional too.

Keep playing this well and just maybe. The U isn't as hot as they were.

You guys...got screwed. Didn't deserve to draw LSU and Tulane down there.

Keep playing this well and just maybe. The U isn't as hot as they were.

You guys...got screwed. Didn't deserve to draw LSU and Tulane down there.

I disagree.  We were in a Regional in 2003 (our first trip to the NCAA Tournament) with LSU and Tulane (Northeastern was the 4th team) and made it to the final.  LSU beat us 9-8 to finally eliminate us. 

I think one of the reasons we had success then and will have success now is that LSU HATES Tulane.  Meaning when we play the Green Wave on the first day, thousands of LSU fans will be loudly rooting for us.  Tulane is good but not great, as you have to be familiar with.  They were a true bubble team.  They don't have any lefty starters to throw at us either.  Given that we typically have up to 7 lefties in our starting lineup, that works very nicely in our favor.

This was actually the draw I was looking for.  Charleston, meanwhile, were the ones that got screwed.  Tallahassee is a tough host site, and they have to play Auburn, who won 35 games against the nation's 2nd-toughest schedule.  Even 4-seed Mercer (# 107 RPI) is a tough out after rolling through the Southern Conference this year.  Lehigh (# 239 RPI), by comparison, is a cupcake 4th seed in Baton Rouge.

I disagree. We were in a Regional in 2003 (our first trip to the NCAA Tournament) with LSU and Tulane (Northeastern was the 4th team) and made it to the final. LSU beat us 9-8 to finally eliminate us.

I think one of the reasons we had success then and will have success now is that LSU HATES Tulane. Meaning when we play the Green Wave on the first day, thousands of LSU fans will be loudly rooting for us. Tulane is good but not great, as you have to be familiar with. They were a true bubble team. They don't have any lefty starters to throw at us either. Given that we typically have up to 7 lefties in our starting lineup, that works very nicely in our favor.

This was actually the draw I was looking for. Charleston, meanwhile, were the ones that got screwed. Tallahassee is a tough host site, and they have to play Auburn, who won 35 games against the nation's 2nd-toughest schedule. Even 4-seed Mercer (# 107 RPI) is a tough out after rolling through the Southern Conference this year. Lehigh (# 239 RPI), by comparison, is a cupcake 4th seed in Baton Rouge.

Tulane is scrappy...I guess that the best word for them. No doubt, though -- they were a bubble team. Was surprised they werent last 5 in.

Didn't realize you guys had success there, and hadnt considered the point about Tulane -- really good. And their fans will definitely show for yalls game...just how they are.

Kmow who you'll be running out there against the Wave?

Or lack thereof.

Girl I'm dating currently is pretty crazy about me despite the no sex, and the feeling is mutual.  So there's that. 

OK. Fine. Since you asked.  Define what this sex is you speak of.  

Tulane is scrappy...I guess that the best word for them. No doubt, though -- they were a bubble team. Was surprised they werent last 5 in.

Didn't realize you guys had success there, and hadnt considered the point about Tulane -- really good. And their fans will definitely show for yalls game...just how they are.

Kmow who you'll be running out there against the Wave?

Same guy we trotted out on the first day of the CAA Tournament:  Ryan Foster.  He's struggled a lot this year, much like all of our starting pitchers, but he's our best bet as a veteran starter.  We have a strong bullpen but hopefully we can save them a bit.  He needs to give us 5-6 solid innings.

We'll likely be saving Junior righty Evan Phillips for LSU, whose story to this point is kind of interesting.  He was drafted out of High School in the middle-late rounds but decided to come here.  He has the best pure stuff on the team.  But up until recently he'd basically been terrible.  As recently as 3 weeks ago I ruled him out to ever pitch again for us.  He was only making it 2-3 innings, giving up tons of walks and hits.  But he looked much better in his last start of the year against James Madison, and on Friday he pitched the best game of his career against # 15 Charleston to basically win us the CAA Tournament, going 6+ innings of shutout ball, allowing just 2 hits, striking out 8 and walking 3. 

The coaching staff never gave up on him, essentially since they understood the problem was not ability but mentality.  His upside makes him an intriguing guy to watch if/when we get our crack at LSU.  He's pretty much the fulcrum on which our hope to finally get to a Super Regional rests.

It's an option. Not one we'll likely be choosing yet. Sounds fun though.

You're gonna be so pissed about a year after your first time after you realize the opportunities you lost on this crusade. The older you get, the smaller your window gets to sleep with young fit 20 something's. You need to start getting it in asap. Pleas. I care about you.

It's an option.  Not one we'll likely be choosing yet.  Sounds fun though.

Take your time.  gotta be comfortable with it.  Could be pretty nice way to share without compromising your position. 

You're gonna be so pissed about a year after your first time after you realize the opportunities you lost on this crusade. The older you get, the smaller your window gets to sleep with young fit 20 something's. You need to start getting it in asap. Pleas. I care about you.

Not true. CTM is like 70 and he is killing it on the community college circuit.  Nowadays some bank, a hybrid luxury car and little bit a cardio is all you really need.  

• Upvote 4

1 woman is all I want and need.

That's obvious.

Listen man, I ain't got time for sex.  I got a co-ed slow pitch softball championship to win.  Playoffs start tomorrow!  Goal:  Score alllllllll the runs.

I knew going into the season we were in the "Lower" league.  What I didn't know is the 2 divisions (8 teams each) are called the "Ponies" and the "Unicorns" Divisions.  We're the 2-seed out of the Unicorns Division, b*tches. 

e7d.png

• Thumb Down 1

I knew going into the season we were in the "Lower" league.  What I didn't know is the 2 divisions (8 teams each) are called the "Ponies" and the "Unicorns" Divisions.  We're the 2-seed out of the Unicorns Division, b*tches. 

Will it shock you to know that this makes perfect sense to me?

• Upvote 1

The 80 thing has officially jumped the shark.  

Yea, I can't really talk about it anymore. On one hand I want to impart things I've learned, on the other, I believe in free will and don't really care what he does.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

We had a good run.  Can we make fun of Pac now?

Meh. Pretty much this entire forum is dead to me now.  Helping you was the only reason to show up.  First Baby Crusher leaves for college now this.  Excuse me please.  Im going to go eat a case of double stuffs, cry and listen to Barry Manillow and cry some more. 

Yea, I can't really talk about it anymore. On one hand I want to impart things I've learned, on the other, I believe in free will and don't really care what he does.

Yep. A fatman and an Ape did everything to help.  In the end they ended up with a couple cases of double stuffs, a gallon of tears and Barry singing about writing the songs.  

• Upvote 1