Mafia forum off season chat thread

Just posted this in my game, shoutout to Ape:

Best part is that I did not initially intend for this to be the case, but I rolled with it once I saw the incoming heat.

But if it works out well, I'll totally forget this post and brag postgame about how it was my plan the whole time. (/Ape'd)

???

• Upvote 1

How do you play mafia? Looks interesting would like to learn the basics

There's 2 teams, usually, the Town and the Mafia.

The Town only knows that they are innocent and do not know the identity of the other players.

The Mafia all know each other.

The game takes place in two phases called Day and Night.

During the Day all players vote on who to lynch. The Town players are trying to lynch Mafia while the Mafia are trying to trick the Town members into mislynching one of their own. Once there is a majority vote on who to lynch that player is killed by the game moderator and their role and alignment is posted in the thread for all to see. Then the game goes to Night phase.

During the Night the Mafia talk amongst themselves privately outside the game thread and decide which player they want to kill. If any other players have powers (for example Town sometimes has roles like Doctor which can block a Mafia kill) they also submit it during the Night. When all powers are submitted the game moderator figures out what happens and who was killed. That players role and alignment is posted on the game thread and Day starts again.

This process continues until either all threats to the town have been killed or until the Mafia gain a voting majority which makes lynching them impossible. So for example 2 Mafia and 3 Townies are alive during the Night. Mafia kills a townie and Day starts with 2 Mafia and 2 Townies, the Mafia win because the town cannot get a majority vote (3) on a Mafia member.

Those are the basics but there's plenty more to learn if you're interested.

Unfortunately we're just about to end the mafia season here.

We'll be back some time after the Super Bowl.

ok so maybe I'll get in next season.  

I'll shoot you a PM when we start.

We can probably fit one more. Nobody seriously cares about preseason right?

I think you underestimate the guys. When season is done it's done. I've tried to get them to continue mafia and they just wont have it. If you wanna try good luck.